INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mini Skins? Skin Manager?  (Read 1884 times)

ElQuia

• World Citizen
Mini Skins? Skin Manager?
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:16:38 pm »

It's been some months now. When (if ever) will MC 18 get back the skin manager and the possibility of using mini skins  ?

Some answer by devs would be appreciated by a paying customer.
Thanks

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.
Re: Mini Skins? Skin Manager?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »

I'm waiting, but without hope now  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »

Sorry, but mini skinning will not return to v18. 

If and when it does return in a later version, it would be with a new skinning engine that works better cross-platform.  The old engine was created during the MJ8 days and uses Microsoft Javascript interpreter and COM -- two things we can't be tied to moving forward.

I don't feel strongly about Skin Manager.  It's simple enough, but also doesn't offer much more than the 'Skins' menu in my opinion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 06:09:13 am »

Sorry, but mini skinning will not return to v18. 

If and when it does return in a later version, it would be with a new skinning engine that works better cross-platform.  The old engine was created during the MJ8 days and uses Microsoft Javascript interpreter and COM -- two things we can't be tied to moving forward.

I don't feel strongly about Skin Manager.  It's simple enough, but also doesn't offer much more than the 'Skins' menu in my opinion.

I do not believe ... :o :o :o

Now, I was sad.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  I like the preview.  ;) ;) ;)

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:40 am »

I feel strongly about both:

Mini Skins are a MUST for unobtrusive music listening while doing ohter work on the PC.- As much as I appreciate some beautifull mega skins, when I am working I want an ELEGANT, fast, practical SMALL bar on the top of one of my screens. In straight english: I want a MINI SKIN. Just a bar with play controls, the same size as the windows border, with a autohide playlist and a semi transparent mode.

A Menu is NOT the same as a Skin MANAGER where you can PREVIEW your skins, it is a BASIC NEED for those of us customers which have a LOT of skins.

I would forgo both items for a LINUX MediaCenter. an i486 and an amd64 deb for debian and ubuntu. But I don´t see that miracle happening anytime soon.

So... back to principles: I bought Windows MC With mini skins AND skin manager. I gently request: ¿bring them back please some time?, I would be happy just with an ETA for both....
Pages: [1]   Go Up