INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Message:THIS DATABASE WILL OPEN ON READ-ONLY MODE... Help  (Read 2271 times)

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen

In my brother's PC-Windows Vista 32 Bit, i7, with MC 18 installed and now connected to his Sinology NAS, when we open MC, we receive this message:
"This data base will open in read-only mode. Any changes will be lost when the program exits".
I created a new library with the NAS path and I can import all the Library files from the NAS to MC. We play music and everything is OK.
When we shutdown MC and reopen it, the library is not there anymore. I think, because of the message: "This Data Base will open in read-only mode..."
How can I SOLVE the problem?
I WILL APPRECIATE VERY MUCH ANY SUPPORT.
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Urbanito

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Message:THIS DATABASE WILL OPEN ON READ-ONLY MODE... Help
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:46:19 am »

I am sorry to insist, but the problem persists.
Kind regards

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:47:39 am »

Bump.

No one?

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:05 am »

Bump...Bump

Really no one to help?
Please!...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

Only the first instance of opening a database will grant r/w privileges. You have multiple copies of MC trying to access the same database. I recommend that you use library server instead.

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »

Thank you very much for your support.
I am talking about two different systems, each one with their own computers, different MC licenses, both using a sinology Diskstation. Mine in Lisbon, my brotherīs about 250 Km away. Mine has about two years, his is new.
They are exactly settled the same way (by me). Mine works without any problem and I can asses my NAS from my 3 machines, each one with MC installed.
My brother has 2 computers, his own MC licenses and a Sinology like mine, just a newer model. In one of the computers everything runs fine. He rips disks and the files are stored on the NAS and his Library (a new one that I created) is on MC.
The other computer is exactly settled the same way: he can import the library, play the CD etc.
But, when he shuts down the MC and opens it again, all the library is disappears.
He has to import again or to restore the library, witch is not practical at all.
I made my research and found that the problem might be related to have enabled Party Mode. But I can' find if it is enabled and if it is, how to disable it.
So, please, with this information and your knowledge, please try to hel me, without a radical solution.
Kind regards

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 12:09:11 pm »

If you share a library on a NAS, the first in gets read/write and everyone else gets read-only.  It's similar to how a Word document works.

If you want multiple clients to be able to edit, you have to switch to Library Server.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

Matt: Thank you very much for your support.
My NAS is on a local library, shared on my home network. Everybody and every computer that are in the network can access the NAS, where are stored the music files. And it works very well.
So, I don't see your point, but this is either because I didn't understand your explanation, either because my knowledge is very week.
Anyway, I just correct the problem of my brother's system and it is working well.
There was something related with the Party Mode, but I don't know what I did. MC suggested some things and I just did what was proposed .
The problem was fixed.
Thank you very much to all that helped me. This is a great forum.
Best regards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up