INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 102462 times)

retro

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2013, 05:54:19 pm »

1st and 3rd order slopes for low/high pass filter in parametric equalizer.
I would second that request (and the request for a PEQ GUI above).  I also wouldn't mind seeing support for a 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley (which support for 1st order Butterworth would give us by extension, I guess) and alternative crossover filters (e.g. Bessel, Horbach-Keele, etc.)

+1 for that. We can never have too much options in the crossover department.. :)

Also, since I understand support for European tv inc. pay-channels is not coming for a long time, if ever...look at www.dvbviewer.com and please add support for their excellent Recording-service. Others, like XBMC, have added a client for RS. If they can, surely you can too, right.. ;)..?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2013, 08:28:06 am »

Edited OP to reflect recent changes in latest MC19 builds.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2013, 01:37:03 am »

I also want to say that I agree with the client being more powerful. Personally, the best time for me to do mundane tasks like tagging, and View edits is when I am out of the house and have down time. At the very least we should be able to get movie/TV/cover art info into the files.
If there are no technical hurdles to doing this, and with the new user accounts as a safety control, I say do it.

jgreen

« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2013, 11:05:27 am »

Time for another Stupid Question (SQ):  Is there an easy/seamless method for editing an MC library file as a client, and then later importing it onto the server as Admin?

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2013, 11:08:41 am »

My all-time favorite track-info plugin remains http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63628.0. Unfortunately, it does not work with MC18, presumably will not work with MC19 and it appears to be abandoned. Therefore, I'd like to see this become a permanent track-info selection. It need not look exactly the same but it should show current song, including cover art, band and album info, and upcoming song, including cover art, band and album info. track progress would be nice and the clock in the corner is a nice touch as well.

audunth

« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

I asked for this way back in the MC 13 forum, thought I'd ask again:

Support for sidecar audio files. Zoomplayer had this way back when I used it for video. Which means the possibility to play back a for example a flac or DTS-HD audio file with a mkv video file without having to mux them together. It's already possible for subtitles, so why not with audio?

One possible scenario that it would be useful is if I have a ripped Blu-ray, then I get a new edition with a similar video stream but better audio (or a new language), I could just rip the audio from the new one and play it with the old rip, and even delete the old audio file if I don't need it anymore, since I would have the possibility to keep all my BR rips as separate audio and video files.

Also, by muxing the DTS core into the video file and keeping the DTS-HD separate I would save space when dropping some movies on the tablet's memory card for watching on the go. A DTS-HD track can take 5-6 gigs, which is a lot when using 16/32/64 gig memory cards.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2013, 07:48:53 pm »

Automatic particle creation from Matroska (.MKV video) chapters.

This would automatically make thousands of multi-channel audio music videos for me and I hope many others that use the MKV video container for concert films.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2013, 05:04:32 am »

A big request to fix the remaining bugs in the handheld sync function, both cache  and delete on sync.A little complex to elaborate here but MrC aware  :)

It is a potentially great feature if working properly.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2013, 10:03:11 am »

I just bought MC19 so now I feel more welcome in this forum, hahaha.

-----------------------

Is any work on Gizmo planned for 19?

Gizmo need a work-over IMHO, it lacks a lot of features (like handling playlists that are not very small), and some way to be able to customize which elements are in the UI, and the order, would be great too (althoguh probably a good deal of work)

And repeating myself, please please please, search history in the search box drop down (like in windows file explorer). Please? I miss this daily.

renpetra

• Recent member
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2013, 11:18:21 am »

Like to see a stripdown version that plays audio only.
With only the components to play audio.

For the diehard audio fanatics like me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2013, 11:19:47 am »

« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2013, 11:20:19 am »

Like to see a stripdown version that plays audio only.
With only the components to play audio.
For the diehard audio fanatics like me.
Tools > Options > General > Features.

Though I don't see the point. There's no benefit to disabling everything.

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2013, 11:35:25 am »

My Requests:

1- Video equalizer with hue, color, contrast, gamma and brightness settings that can be stored individually for each movie or clip in database. Like SM Player
2- MiniSkins or at LEAST ONE miniskin with only play controls and semi transparent playlist that autohides, skin should fit on any window title bar, manually position it on monitor and remember last position.
3- Skin Manager.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2013, 02:43:38 pm »

1- Video equalizer with hue, color, contrast, gamma and brightness settings that can be stored individually for each movie or clip in database. Like SM Player

That's been there for several versions.

Use the OSD (up, down, left, right) while playing a video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2013, 06:25:51 pm »

Would be nice to have the same settings when converting videos as it is for audio conversion.
For Example:
Add or replace file in library,copying tags to new video format,.... and so on. Really miss this options.
Or am i blind and didn't see them.  ?
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

sgclark

• Recent member
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2013, 03:43:41 pm »

I would like to see better integration with Windows 8 UI and the touch screen interface. I use MC to manage my music library, and primarily use the standard view, sorting using artist and track name primarily. It would be nice to have the touch screen gesture support, such as scroll and window expansion capabilities.

Since I have used some of the expanded tags offered by MC to construct several useful views of my music collection which I find invaluable when choosing what to play in MC (and because some of the titles of classical pieces are too long for display in Gizmo--at least on my Android phone), rather than using Gizmo I have found it easiest to use a Windows 8 tablet running full MC as a remote, controlling my network's relatively inaccessible and very stationary library server.  Unfortunately, due to its lack of integration with the Windows 8 touchscreen interface, MC 18 can be somewhat difficult to use on the tablet.  So I too would very, very much like to see the Windows 8 integration features mentioned in the above post.

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #266 on: August 17, 2013, 04:10:18 pm »

I'd *love* the possibility to separate out files using various codecs instead of containers only. Currently the [File Type] field will only return something like flac/m4a/mp3/ogg etc. For instance, this means that there is currently no simple way to separate out ALAC from AAC in a Mp4 (m4a) container. How about adding fields such as [Audio Codec] and [Video Codec]? This would make it a whole lot easier converting from one format to another :)
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2013, 05:10:29 pm »

That's been there for several versions.
Use the OSD (up, down, left, right) while playing a video.
These settings seem to be global rather than per-video. If I set one video to -100 saturation with them, all videos are displayed in black and white.

Any madVR tag adjustments e.g. [saturation=25] seem to be relative to the current value rather than absolute.
So if saturation is at -100 in Media Center, that tag changes it to -75, instead of +25.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2013, 05:09:06 am »

custom relational fields
MT5FR

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2013, 06:09:25 am »

Spotify integration would be wonderful, especially if it was implemented such that Spotify could be used via JRemote. Right now I have to fall back to iPeng and my Squeezebox Touch.

Arindelle

« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2013, 07:02:11 am »

Spotify integration would be wonderful, especially if it was implemented such that Spotify could be used via JRemote. Right now I have to fall back to iPeng and my Squeezebox Touch.

It can be integrated seamlessly through Audio/Connected/Media in standard view (so no jremote), but can't get it to work via Theater View (so no jremote). Should work though by Adding a Webpage in T.V. options, but that has never worked for me (even the jriver site doen't show)

I interested here's what you copy into a new "Connected Media" Account you have to log in once though

SPOTIFY
Code: [Select]
https://play.spotify.com/discover
and this works very well (no commercials)
GROOVESHARK
Code: [Select]
http://grooveshark.com/#/
So (already in my suggestions above  ;) )  Please put Connected Media in Theater View ( then you get a lot more than Spotify)

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2013, 07:49:27 am »

DLNA already supports audio and video transcoding.  We've done a lot of work on it to support a wide array of formats.

I think the OP was asking about transcoding support for additional target formats. For example today you offer MP3, L16, L24, (and WAV ?) as target formats, but it would be nice also to have FLAC and perhaps even AIF and ALAC as targets too.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2013, 08:09:25 am »

It would be nice to have an option for the DLNA / UPnP Server part of MC to be started when the computer (re)starts.

The current options only allow starting MC's server when a user logs in to Windows. If you are running MC as a server on a headless PC, this is no good, because it requires someone to login to Windows after each restart.

By contrast, running MC's Server as a Windows Service Application would allow the server to be left completely un-attended. Whenever the PC restarts, (such as when the PC downloads automatic Windows updates, or anti- virus updates, and restarts itself), then MC's server service would automatically be restarted too...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Vocalpoint

« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2013, 10:51:28 am »

It would be nice to have an option for the DLNA / UPnP Server part of MC to be started when the computer (re)starts.

The current options only allow starting MC's server when a user logs in to Windows. If you are running MC as a server on a headless PC, this is no good, because it requires someone to login to Windows after each restart.

I have my new HTPC set to auto login and (then auto lock) after each reboot. The MC server component starts without issue and is "always" on. Works great.

VP

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2013, 01:48:46 pm »

This is correct.  You can play "The Dark Side Of The Moon" and there are no gaps between, say, "On The Run" and "Time".  The foobar plugin is called "UPnP_MediaRenderer_Output".  It does indeed have issues with fast-forward, at least when I push to my WDTV Live.  Trying to skip to the next track gives an error.  But the whole point of listening to this type of album (or opera, or live recording) is to play the entire disc or fileset in a single sitting without gaps.

I haven't checked to see if UPnP_MediaRenderer_Output embeds metadata that dynamically updates on the renderer.  I suppose this would be useful for listening to unfamiliar operas; I think I know the song names for TDSOTM :-)

So back to the OP's question - is there or will there be functionality in JRiver to match foobar's functionality? 

Yes. This is exactly what I'm looking for.   For me, UPnP_MediaRenderer_Output works perfectly with my PS Audio PWD/Bridge.   I can forward, skip, rewind, etc and it works perfectly.    Doen't embed metadata but I don't mind.

woop

« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2013, 06:30:04 pm »

Simplified integration for streaming audio such as MOG, Spotify etc etc etc

dean70

« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2013, 11:00:29 pm »

Make particles more accessable from theatre view.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2013, 02:06:16 am »

I have my new HTPC set to auto login and (then auto lock) after each reboot. The MC server component starts without issue and is "always" on. Works great.

How do you do that?

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2013, 04:40:11 am »

A nice feature would be:

- Discrete left, center and right channels in JRSS music mode (EDIT: when upmixing)

Best regards,
Mikkel

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2013, 08:25:45 am »

A nice feature would be:

- Discrete left, center and right channels in JRSS music mode
What do you mean by discrete? The left and right channels in JRSS for music are identical to the original left and right stereo signals. The center is matrixed from the left and right channels. Therefore, all 3 channels are discrete.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2013, 08:48:54 am »

What do you mean by discrete? The left and right channels in JRSS for music are identical to the original left and right stereo signals. The center is matrixed from the left and right channels. Therefore, all 3 channels are discrete.

Perhaps an incorrect use of the term on my part  :). What I mean is that JRSS should remove the signal content from left and right which is matrixed to the center channel.

Mikkel

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #281 on: August 22, 2013, 08:17:15 am »

3D support... I know this has been brought up before. (with mixed opinions)  but I've recently been playing  alot of 3d content for my kids, which doesn't really require any support from JRiver to do... (The tv does all the work) The only issue is (in my rig)  when you want to change volume or ff, or something.. JRiver menu isn't displayed properly when the tv is put in 3d mode (side by side, or 'above and below mode).
The only thing that JRiver would need to support 3d :
- is be able to display the 'playback controls' in side by side, or above and below mode.
This could be easily activated with expressions and/or fields that identify 3D content.
pls note that if theatre view gets more skinning freedom (fingers crossed); Skinners could also implement this.

You could also attempt to detect 'side by side' or 'above and below' content automatically (to display the videos controls properly) but it's not neccessary.

- I watched "Rise of the guardens" in 3D last night (empressive!)

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #282 on: August 22, 2013, 10:09:41 am »

I'd like to have the ability to play a particular disc from a multi-disc album. So, in regular view, mousing over play would reveals each disc number if they have been tagged. Allowing this behavior to work via Gizmo and JRemote would be great as well.

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2013, 05:58:39 pm »

This is correct.  You can play "The Dark Side Of The Moon" and there are no gaps between, say, "On The Run" and "Time".  The foobar plugin is called "UPnP_MediaRenderer_Output".  It does indeed have issues with fast-forward, at least when I push to my WDTV Live.  Trying to skip to the next track gives an error.  But the whole point of listening to this type of album (or opera, or live recording) is to play the entire disc or fileset in a single sitting without gaps.

I haven't checked to see if UPnP_MediaRenderer_Output embeds metadata that dynamically updates on the renderer.  I suppose this would be useful for listening to unfamiliar operas; I think I know the song names for TDSOTM :-)

So back to the OP's question - is there or will there be functionality in JRiver to match foobar's functionality? 

Is there any chance of this being implemented?

NorRob

« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2013, 03:39:50 pm »

I would add my vote to this feature. Operas are mostly unlistenable due to this feature. I lay part of the blame on the CD producer's feet as well, but CD players have no problem seamlessly playing from one track to the next.

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2013, 03:40:50 am »

1. Could you consider adding a pop-up keyboard search facility in Theater View for movie / music collections? The keyboard could use cursor commands but preferably have commands designated for each key in the same way a Kaliedescape to enable a remote control to engage directly. I appreciate the Gizmo App may already have this capability and so does the Kaliedescape App but most users want a single remote for everything.

2. Can we have Theater View more tightly integrated. Presently Theater View drops back to main view while executing some functions. This makes Theater View look like an afterthought add on which I guess it was but times are changing and I'm guessing that more people are using MC to watch movies than HiFi music enthusiasts.     

This is my personal wish list but feel free to kick the points around or even add to them  :)
The Future is Remote!

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2013, 08:20:20 am »

Is it possible to add a conversion-to-rating parameter for handhelds.

I'd like to use ALAC for 4 and 5 stars on my iPod and mp3 for three stars. For my Blackberry devices I'd like to use ape or FLAC for 5 stars, Ogg (high)for 4 stars and Ogg (medium/high) for 3 stars. And so on ans so on.

This is primarily to save memoryspace.

Marsies .....

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2013, 07:08:05 am »

Two functions from the menu tree to be available in the customized toolbar:
- Stop playing after current song
- Add as next to play

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2013, 09:17:50 am »

I would like to add my vote for being able to link tracks to always play together. If one track is selected in a random playlist, or selected to play manually, all linked tracks will be added and play in succession.

Thanks...
Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

thunderlips222

• Recent member
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:19 am »

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:49 am »

simple request - would be great if the DSP studio icon could be highlighted with a color when there is one or more items enabled, changing the audio.  the screen shot attached shows the hover over box when the mouse is over the icon.  i'd just like to be able to see if something is turned on just by looking at the icon...

« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2013, 08:52:58 pm »

simple request - would be great if the DSP studio icon could be highlighted with a color when there is one or more items enabled, changing the audio.  the screen shot attached shows the hover over box when the mouse is over the icon.  i'd just like to be able to see if something is turned on just by looking at the icon...
It's the other way around - if there are no changes being made, the DSP Studio icon will light up blue to indicate that the audio path is "bit-perfect". When you enable DSP, it disappears. This may not be available in your currently selected theme though - try the standard Noire theme.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:24 pm »

Use the default 'Noire' skin.  The button is blue when no changes are being made.

Third party skins could support this as well (just look at Noire for an example).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2013, 09:38:08 am »

Hi!

Is it possible to get a new feature that displays when the "Alternate Mode Settings" is enabled?

//Jonas

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2013, 11:42:41 am »

I'd like to have the possibility to add as many instances of the dsp-studio effects as I want. I would primarily use that to keep my peqs organized.

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

I have purchased the Media Center 19 update/expecting something different and I do not really see anything much visually,

and I am sure people have  been working hard with changes to the code and there will be more to come.

So I would like to mention a few things that would improve the functionality of Media Center for me ,and others I am sure

I would like to see the categories changed to be displayed as

"Shows" to be changed to "TV Series"

and a Category created to be viewed as "Documentary" where all documentaries can be compiled.

I would also like to Group a certain Genre of movie or TV series in a folder with an image on the folder

so that it can be viewed in the Theater View,  for instance Sci Fi and when I click on that image it opens to display my

Sci fi collection  only.

I know I can select different Genre's and many other options in the main window / although I would like this to be as explained

and available in the Theater View.

Also I added the Bios tab to a music album for a particular Band and in the main window if I mouse over this it pops

up/ and then when I try to read it,another tag type window opens over the top of it and makes it difficult to read.

I would like to be able to add my own info for Bands and for Movies/TV Shows/ and Documentaries and to have

them display the info in the theater view.The Band Bios I mentioned did not display in the Theater View

I an not sure if JRiver listens to requests like this /I hope so as it would be very hard for me to justify

the next upgrade,if the Media Center is restrictive and limits me in what I can do.

XBMC allowed this flexibility and I like that /JRiver Media Center is more polished and I like to use this Media Centre

But if I have to return to XBMC to have the functionality I desire then so be it /I hope not
                                                                                                                                 Cheers

« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2013, 09:34:55 pm »

It is possible to make these changes via Tools > Options > Theater View. (though the JRiver team may wish to implement some of them as defaults anyway)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2013, 02:41:05 am »

I have purchased the Media Center 19 update/expecting something different and I do not really see anything much visually, and I am sure people have  been working hard with changes to the code and there will be more to come.

So I would like to mention a few things that would improve the functionality of Media Center for me ,and others I am sure I would like to see the categories changed to be displayed as "Shows" to be changed to "TV Series" and a Category created to be viewed as "Documentary" where all documentaries can be compiled.

I would also like to Group a certain Genre of movie or TV series in a folder with an image on the folder so that it can be viewed in the Theater View,  for instance Sci Fi and when I click on that image it opens to display my Sci fi collection  only. I know I can select different Genre's and many other options in the main window / although I would like this to be as explained and available in the Theater View.

Also I added the Bios tab to a music album for a particular Band and in the main window if I mouse over this it pops up/ and then when I try to read it,another tag type window opens over the top of it and makes it difficult to read. I would like to be able to add my own info for Bands and for Movies/TV Shows/ and Documentaries and to have them display the info in the theater view.The Band Bios I mentioned did not display in the Theater View I an not sure if JRiver listens to requests like this /I hope so as it would be very hard for me to justify the next upgrade,if the Media Center is restrictive and limits me in what I can do.

XBMC allowed this flexibility and I like that /JRiver Media Center is more polished and I like to use this Media Centre But if I have to return to XBMC to have the functionality I desire then so be it /I hope not

Cheers

Media Center is very customizable, you can already do much of what you ask. I suggest you create your own thread with these questions.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2013, 02:59:14 am »

- Spotify and / or Performer Media Center integration in Theater View. As PMC seems to be getting little if any love, Spotify.
 - Gizmo as a complete "Second Device" experience (on tablets, anyway). Control what plays on main MC, then display information, cover art etc on Gizmo.

csimon

« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2013, 04:14:10 am »

I have purchased the Media Center 19 update/expecting something different and I do not really see anything much visually,

Just to clarify the MC development cycle...

JRiver is quite unique because it continually releases incremental updates to the product regularly, usually at least once a week. Therefore you are not going to see "major" changes from week to week. The version number is arbitrary really, I guess it only serves as a milestone. A build (and an MC version) is packaged up and labelled with a version number as being completed about once a year.

Development of MC18 was completed about a couple of months ago. That's when development of MC19 started. You are lucky in that you have access to all the intermediate builds of MC19 until it is declared as complete sometime in the middle of next year. Obviously, it took MC18 as its start point so, like I said at the beginning, you are not going to see much of a difference between the last build of MC18 and the first build of MC19. It will take a year to do that! But already there are quite a few significant ennhancements.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up