INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Real-time DSD output  (Read 134318 times)

Poiram

• Recent member
Re: NEW: Real-time DSD output
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 06:21:12 am »

Hi, I've read your thread on computeraudiophile.  I also use exD converter to convert USB to SDIF. My Dac is Emmlabs DCC2 SE, which can play native DSD as well.  The exD can take Dop form and convert Dop into Native DSD and play via Emmlabs DCC2 SE without any issue. 

Oh good to ear John, so I will check to upgrade the Pc then, thank for your input

Poiram

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 11:58:26 am »

I'm not sure, its been suggested around 3000 would be a good measure but its not a guarantee.
  Can you tell me on what type (configuration) you got a 3000?  thanks

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 11:59:52 am »

Please have a look in the JRMark thread.

Dave_G

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 01:18:51 pm »

I am having similar problem as you with the TEAC UD-501, not able to use 2xDSD (5.6MHz) upsampling (1xDSD/2.8MHz upsamping works fine).  However, a 2xDSD (5.6MHz) track that I have plays fine and the UD-501's display did indicate 5.6MHz. 

I tried the followed things, but still does not work:
1.  Set output device to "TEAC ASIO USB DRIVER [ASIO]"
2.  Different buffer settings
3.  Set bitstreaming format to "DSD" or "DSD over PCM (DoP)"

Exact same problem as you when using Teac ASIO driver. I can get 2xDSD using a different driver that is unsupported by JRiver. The DAC will definitely do 5.6, maybe hope for a driver update? If I'm honest I can't hear any difference between the two anyway, but it irritated me that I couldn't get it to work.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2013, 01:40:27 pm »

Exact same problem as you when using Teac ASIO driver. I can get 2xDSD using a different driver that is unsupported by JRiver. The DAC will definitely do 5.6, maybe hope for a driver update? If I'm honest I can't hear any difference between the two anyway, but it irritated me that I couldn't get it to work.

Have a read here, there is a workaround for 2xDSD native provided. Also, I have opened a support case with Teac in the hopes they either fix it or work with JRiver to get it fixed. You could submit you're own support case and reference the thread I linked.

Matt has also been making progress on working around the issues with the Teac driver which fixed bitstreaming 1xDSD native.

Pkartti

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2013, 01:47:18 pm »

Hi

As this is my first post: Thanks for a great product!

In PCM2DSD, is it possible to output 2xDSD in multichannel? As I play multchannel files audio path monitor shows "converting from 5 channels to 2" and the music plays as 2 channel 2xDSD through exa28.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2013, 08:11:57 pm »

Have notice some distortion converting PCM to DSD and DSDx2.
Have a track which is quite loud in the bass at the beginning, sounds perfect direct PCM, but obvious distortion when being converted to DSD. When I turn down JRiver's internal volume just a little, distortion goes away. I have DSP and volume disabled. JRiver is set ASIO/native DSD to a mytek DSD DAC.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 08:17:34 pm »

Have notice some distortion converting PCM to DSD and DSDx2.
Have a track which is quite loud in the bass at the beginning, sounds perfect direct PCM, but obvious distortion when being converted to DSD. When I turn down JRiver's internal volume just a little, distortion goes away. I have DSP and volume disabled. JRiver is set ASIO/native DSD to a mytek DSD DAC.
Does DSD play louder than PCM on your DAC? It may be that it's applying +6dB and clipping.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2013, 10:45:58 pm »

Does DSD play louder than PCM on your DAC? It may be that it's applying +6dB and clipping.

Yep, DSD does play louder, but not noticed distortion for proper DSD files.. yet. i set the mytek in volume bypass (no analogue/digital volume), but if select mytek's own digital volume, and turn it down by -3dB, distortion goes, mytek's analogue volume doesn't help either way. not sure if this is happens with proper DSD files, or jriver PCM to DSD conversion is just a little hotter than what is standard? i believe the distortion is in the digital domain, and not mytek's analogue stage.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 08:04:48 am »

Yep, DSD does play louder, but not noticed distortion for proper DSD files.. yet. i set the mytek in volume bypass (no analogue/digital volume), but if select mytek's own digital volume, and turn it down by -3dB, distortion goes, mytek's analogue volume doesn't help either way. not sure if this is happens with proper DSD files, or jriver PCM to DSD conversion is just a little hotter than what is standard? i believe the distortion is in the digital domain, and not mytek's analogue stage.
The majority of DSD files are mastered so that there will be at least 6dB of headroom when converting to PCM. It may be that Media Center needs an option to reduce the volume of PCM by a fixed amount (most commonly 6dB) when encoding to DSD.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2013, 06:22:13 pm »

any other Mytek users having clipping with JRiver PCM to DSD conversion? could it be just a rare case with one particular PCM track, but kinda doubt that.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »

Hey Matt and Co

Any chance on DSD512 for PCM2DSD soon? I have a Yulong A8 on the way and will have to use Signalyst for the time being to play with upsampling.

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2013, 09:16:55 pm »

This works great for me with PCM files. But when I try to play a SACD ISO, it buffers each track for a while and then skips to the next track without playing anything (and does so sequentially with every track on the ISO). SACD ISOs play fine when the output is not configured to convert output to DSD. I know I can set up zones to change the output configuration based on file size, but that seems like an unnecessary step. What do you recommend?

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2013, 09:33:10 pm »

Addendum to my prior note: turns out that, while double-clicking on the track produces the "buffering" non-play problem, clicking on the play button while that same track is selected plays it just fine! This only happens with SACD ISO and DSF or DFF files, does not happen with PCM files.

leanh

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 09:48:27 am »

any other Mytek users having clipping with JRiver PCM to DSD conversion? could it be just a rare case with one particular PCM track, but kinda doubt that.
Yes, I have clipping with PCM to DSD conversion using MC19 Mytek on some material. I can't convert to 2xDSD with the MC19 using the Mytek ASIO driver. Please share configuration if you could do 2xDSD.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2013, 09:52:44 am »

Since I have not upgraded to MC19 which has the option of upsampling PCM to DSD, I have not experienced the reported distortion in DSD.  However, I will say that I was comparing a number of tracks in both PCM and DSD (with the same provenance) and others among the listeners indicated that some of the tracks seems to be distorted.  I have already installed the jumpers on the Mytek which as I understand it reduces the output of the "pro" default by 6dB to a more consumer oriented 2.5VRms output.  For purposes of the comparison the Mytek was set to bypass which would be my preferred default setting.

Not sure whether its related but understand that one of the latest versions of MC19 has incorporated a 1.6dB reduction in output(?) to improves its operation (sound quality?) with Sabre-based DACs like the Mytek.  Not sure what triggered this reduction or what affect it has on Sabre-based DACs.

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2013, 12:07:31 pm »

Not sure whether its related but understand that one of the latest versions of MC19 has incorporated a 1.6dB reduction in output(?) to improves its operation (sound quality?) with Sabre-based DACs like the Mytek.  Not sure what triggered this reduction or what affect it has on Sabre-based DACs.
This reduction means that DSD Encoding is played back at -6.0 dB now, as it turns out that those DACs (and likely most/all DSD DACs) were applying a +6dB adjustment with DSD playback, causing the distortion people were hearing.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2013, 10:00:30 am »

This reduction means that DSD Encoding is played back at -6.0 dB now, as it turns out that those DACs (and likely most/all DSD DACs) were applying a +6dB adjustment with DSD playback, causing the distortion people were hearing.

I mispoke in my original post re the internal jumpers of the Mytek...  The installed jumpers reduce the Output Voltage from 6Vrms (not 6dB) down to the 2.5Vrms more typical of most DAC outputs.  From what I am told, the 6Vrms output could potentially overload (some) preamps.

Sorry to say I am struggling to understand the answer provided above re what the 1.6dB reduction in the output of current versions of MC19 will accomplish for someone like myself using MC with a Sabre-based DAC and would the upgrade from MC18 be significant?  I do not understand the significance of most of the enhancements listed for MC19 but assume most would be transparent to the average user.

Thanks.

realysm42

• Recent member
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »

Thanks for making this feature, couple of questions:

Is there a chance this can damage hearing equipment, you say on your wiki that DSD contains frequencies that can?

Also, is there any way to make it only use the DSD feature when DSD is playing (so DSD is DSD and ape is ape, for example)?

Thanks guys.

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2013, 10:07:52 pm »

Is there a chance this can damage hearing equipment, you say on your wiki that DSD contains frequencies that can?
DSD encoding is no different from regular DSD playback.

Also, is there any way to make it only use the DSD feature when DSD is playing (so DSD is DSD and ape is ape, for example)?
That would be DSD bitstreaming, which is found under Tools > Options > Audio > Bitstreaming > Custom
DSD Encoding is to allow playback of all audio, whether it is DSD native or not, to be played back as DSD.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2013, 01:01:48 am »

Under Tools/Options/Audio/Advanced Section (bottom), Configure Input Plugin choose JRiver DSD Plugin. This is to configure the low pass plugin JRiver uses when decoding DSD files for playback and/or DSP processing (not used during bitstreaming). This filter is to prevent the high frequency noise that can cause distortion or maybe damage equipment.

If with hearing equipment you mean hearing aid and you're concerned that certain high frequencies might be uncomfortable or damaging, you could use MC's parametric EQ to set an even lower low pass filter.

When you choose to bitstream DSD and play other files "as is", note that no processing is performed by MC. All high frequency noise is passed to your DAC.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2013, 11:48:34 pm »

This report+inquiry was moved from the "JRiver Media Center 19.0.56 -- Available Here" Topic discussion site.

Now I could smoothly update to MC19.0.56.

I am using Korg DS-DAC-10 with its ASIO driver, and  Output Encoding by "2XDSD in native format", Bitstreaming = None, to play all of the audio files by real-time up-sampling to DSD 5.6 MHz 1 bit for DS-DAC-10.  When I play DSD 2.8 MHz file, MC19 automatically give DSD 2.8 MHz output which I can confirm by LEDs of DS-DAC-10.  Now, therefore, the audio file play back with MC19 and DS-DAC-10 is just perfect for me.

When I play a mp4 video clip, the video movie is smoothly shown on the screen, but the audio track of the video clip is played in its native format, ex. 44.1 KHz 16 bit PCM, so that I need to manually change DS-DAC-10's mode to PCM in order to hear the mp4.  As I am setting all of the audio files by "2XDSD in native format" real-time up-sampling, I also would like to hear the mp4's audio track in "2XDSD in native format" up-sampling.  Even if I set the Bitstreaming to "DSD" mode, mp4 files cannot be played by "2XDSD" but are still played in PCM format.

Is it possible to have any setting that audio track of mp4 would be just treated as other audio files, and can be also played in Output Encoding by "2XDSD in native format"?

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2013, 06:10:34 am »

It's a great feature! Unfortunately, the sound disconnected periodically for every three seconds. Is it a lack of PC's CPU power?

CPU: Core2Quad Q6600 (2.4G)
DAC: Korg DS-DAC-10

Hello yasukato,

My DS-DAC-10 is working very smoothly on this feature even with CPU Core i5 2390T(Max.DTP 35W, HT-on 4 thread), Memory 16 GB.
in Japanese;
http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000430291/SortID=16674191/

Have you tried tools-options-Audio-Audio Device-Device settings-Buffering=500 milliseconds,  -Bitstreaming: None, and  -Play files from memory instead of disk (not zone-specific)=ON ?   I am also setting with the "Korg DS-DAC-10 Control Panel", Streaming Buffer Size=Large, Asio Buffer Size=Large.

How are you accessing to your audio files, local SATA HDD, USB connected external HDD, NAS DLNA, network mounted drive, iSCSI mounted virtual network drive, or others?  Have you checked the I/O throughput for file access, ex. by CrystalDiskMark?

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Feature Request: DoP v 1.1
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 02:18:02 am »

I'm excited about using this feature but the DAC I'm considering (the Auralic Vega) apparently only receives DSD over DoP. Therefore, it appears that JRiver, with DoP v1.0, would limit me to upsampling to DSD64.

Apparently there is a DoP v1.1 that allows streaming of DSD128. http://dsd-guide.com/dop-open-standard

Is this something that can be implemented in JRiver?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2013, 02:26:36 am »

Vega supports DSD 128 over DoP.

Also, Vega manual shows you can do ASIO DSD.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2013, 12:39:37 am »

You can pick DoP (using any hardware direct output) or 2xDSD (using ASIO).

I'm confused. Based on this statement and my experience, I'm not sure what is at fault. I can't seem to get ASIO DSD Bitstreaming (not DoP) to do PCM2DSD in JRMC19 with the Aurali Vega ASIO USB driver.

The VEGA needs DoP and does support DSD128 via DoP, it doesn't accept raw DSD, so the on the fly conversion to DSD128 doesn't work. However, if you use the foo ASIO proxy as outlined on Archimago's page on doing this with the Teac US-501 it works perfectly, at least in my system. The VEGA reports DSD128 if using this method and I find the results quite nice. I have demoed this for a few folks are most all are surprised at the difference.

If I use the Foobar ASIO proxy. It works. Matt can you shine a light on this? Is it the Vega ASIO?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2013, 12:41:56 am »

Apparent there are some buffer issues with the TEAC driver and native ASIO, and at this point MC19 isn't supporting a 2xDSD upsampling with DoP option.

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/09/howto-getting-jriver-mc19-2xdsd.html

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:07 am »

You no longer need ASIOProxy installed. The problems with the native ASIO driver and 2xDSD have been solved a couple of builds ago.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2013, 01:11:57 am »

Doesn't work for me with Auralic Vega ASIO driver. I will post screenshots later.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2013, 01:14:54 am »

Auralic informed me:

We only support DoP protocol no matter if you use WASAPI or ASIO, the only confusion is JRiver as they do not support DoP though ASIO.

To clarify, PCM2DSD at DSDx2 does not work for me with Auralic USB ASIO driver, but it does work with the Foobar. I'm new to DSD so trying to keep up.

http://www.auralic.com/download/dsd_playback_setup.pdf

@Inflatable Mouse - I can do DSD64/128 with Dop In JRMC19 recent build, but not PCM2DSD.

MC19 isn't supporting a 2xDSD upsampling with DoP option.
This true?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2013, 05:55:31 am »

When I enable DSDx2 upsampling I'm getting this when playing native DSD files; it seems JRMC19 is trying to process them but should ignore?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2013, 06:08:35 am »

When you enable output format in JRiver it will process audio and therefore, it will have to convert to PCM internally. So native DSD files will be converted to PCM and then back to DSD for output.

If you want JRiver to leave DSD files untouched you need to enable bitstreaming for DSD. But you will loose any advantage of volume leveling and other DSP processing features.

To me (YMMV), volume leveling is too valuable and I believe the conversion from DSD to PCM and back is essentially lossless (but maybe not bit perfect, whatever that means ;) ). The advantages of DSD lie in how the DAC deals with it and not so much in the source being DSD. In other words, outputting PCM sources as DSD will gain that advantage as well. Here's a good article that might explain some of this.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2013, 06:14:12 am »

I think I understand. Unlike DoP settings, the bitstreaming won't just skip over the native DSD.

one solution might be to use the zoneswitch feature?

Just have dsf dff set to a zone not doing PCM>DSD

I like hearing different amplitudes on various recordings, I find it informative, if a bit annoying :)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2013, 06:37:03 am »

Zoneswitch won't work very well in this case. Imagine playing a playlist that contains dsd files and flacs/mp3's  ::)

HiFiTubes

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2013, 06:40:35 am »

Zoneswitch won't work very well in this case. Imagine playing a playlist that contains dsd files and flacs/mp3's  ::)

Isn't that the point? I could do DSD2PCM for everything, then tell only DSF/DFF (SACD ISO) files to be played in a "native DSD" zone using Dop etc.

I'm probably missing something... ;D

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 06:59:19 am »

Try it out see what happens  ;D.

When you add a mixed playlist, some files will go to zone A and others will go to zone B. But playback can't start on both zones so one zone will play and the other will generate an error. Either way, your original playlist order will be screwed and you'll be missing some files that went to the other zone.

Playlists can't play over multiple zones and keep their playback order. The Zones feature wasn't meant for this.

PeterMac

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:55 pm »

I have a question, is it possible to bitstream native DSD from PC (Realtek ALC889) connected via HDMI to AVR Onkyo 905 (DSD capable)
On official Realtek site I found this:

The ALC889 complies with the latest Microsoft Windows Vista Premium requirements, and offers DSD (Direct Stream Digital) format support and Full Rate Blu-Ray/HD DVD playback capabilities.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2013, 08:49:46 pm »

Some posts were split to a new thread

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2013, 03:47:31 am »

Some posts were split to a new thread

Jim,

Do you think you could add a link to the new thread when you do a split? I tihnk you already do that sometimes but not always.

The reason is that because the posts are read it won't show under 'show unread posts' and since its a new thread I also loose my subscription for new posts.

I think the only way to find it is by browsing the forums and make an educated guess as to where you moved it and what subject you gave it, or by going to my profile, my posts and find a post from that thread. Neither are very convenient.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2013, 08:46:53 am »

I often do, but not always.  I assumed you could find the thread.

seric56

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2013, 12:27:24 pm »

I appear to have made a mess of things...
If I enable the output encoding with what appear to be the appropriate selection for my DAC, a Luxman DA-06, which looks to me like 2X DSD in DoP would be the appropriate choice. However, what happens then is all my Red Book are up sampled into DSD @55.4mHz and I would prefer to play my red Book in their native 35.2. If I set the output encoding to "none" I get no DSD processing at all.
What am I missing in my set up that would let red book play at it's native red book and DSD or DSD or 2XDSD at their respective native output?

Thanks

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2013, 12:50:33 pm »

I appear to have made a mess of things...
If I enable the output encoding with what appear to be the appropriate selection for my DAC, a Luxman DA-06, which looks to me like 2X DSD in DoP would be the appropriate choice. However, what happens then is all my Red Book are up sampled into DSD @55.4mHz and I would prefer to play my red Book in their native 35.2. If I set the output encoding to "none" I get no DSD processing at all.
What am I missing in my set up that would let red book play at it's native red book and DSD or DSD or 2XDSD at their respective native output?

Thanks

Output mode indeed converts everything to whatever you choose there.

To only output DSD as DSD, you need to enable bitstreaming under Tools/Options/Audio.

Remember though this will disable any processing done by MC (no volume leveling or equalizer). YOu can then leave Output mode to None to play PCM at their native sample rate.

IceB

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2013, 09:16:24 pm »

Hi.
I have recently purchased the Teac DAC UD-501 with native DSD / DoP support.
Using the updated Teac ASIO 1.02 driver works great with the latest JRiver 19.0.74 both for PCM and DSD.
Yet there is something I am missing regarding the JRiver DSP output encoding of PCM to DSD.

While I use the 2xDSD in DOP format for the PCM records the output Audio Path shows the following
Input : 44.1kHz 16bit 2ch from source ...
Changes : Encode as 2xDSD in DoP format
Output : 352.8 kHz 32bit 2ch using ASIO (direct connection)
Teac readings are all good as well : DSD 5.6MHz - DoP

However, while I change the DSP Output encoding to 2xDSD in native format, which I believe is a preferred way to transfer the stream to the UD-501, JRiver produces some kind of error message in the Audio Path -
Input : 44.1kHz 16bit 2ch from source ...
Changes : Encode as 2xDSD
Output : DSD 5.6MHz 1bit 2ch using ASIO (not using enough bits to output the input directly)
The DAC readings are still good : DSD 5.6Mhz native.

The DSD records bit-streaming works well both for x64 2.8MHz and x128 5.6MHz - showing in the JRiver audio path DSD 2.8MHz/5.6MHz 1bit 2ch using ASIO (bitstreaming) .

What does "not using enough bits to output the input directly" means ?
Is there any sound quality impact ? Or might it be a software glitch ?

IceB

« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2013, 07:21:17 am »

not using enough bits to output the input directly

Anyone ?  ?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2013, 07:50:36 am »

Native DSD requires ASIO, but ASIO expects 32-bits but native DSD is 1-bit. I think this is why MC displays that message but it can be safely ignored.

« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2013, 04:59:43 pm »

[]"not using enough bits to output the input directly"[]
Anyone ?  ?
The input is 16-bits, and you are outputting a 1-bit signal, so you do not have enough bits to output the input signal "directly". (i.e. without conversion)
Rather than 44.1kHz, it's a 5.6448MHz signal though, so it can still represent the full original signal after conversion.

You would see the same thing if you were trying to output a 24-bit file at 16-bit for example. (but in that case it would be potentially lossy, because they are both PCM formats)

Clinton

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2013, 04:52:56 am »

DSD Noob :)

The PCM to DSD playback sounds mighty interesting.
I'm looking at purchasing a Schiit Loki DSD Dac to try the DSD stuff.

I'm currently running a

2013 Apple Macbook Air
1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz
Intel HD Graphics 5000
8GB memory
512GB flash storage1

The post states you need a reasonably fast computer to run PCM to DSD output.
Will my computer be powerful enough to run the PCM to DSD option on JRiver 19 Mac?

Interested to hear your comments.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2013, 07:33:01 am »

Will my computer be powerful enough to run the PCM to DSD option on JRiver 19 Mac?

Without a doubt.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2013, 01:50:50 pm »

I just posted to the current build thread as I'm a bit confused about the DoP setting change:

4. Changed: Simplified DSD bitstreaming configuration so there's no need to pick DSD vs DoP (this is now controlled by the output plugin).

My Vega ASIO driver isn't working but DSD is selected (where DoP) used to be. You are saying to get DSD I must apply to all files? If I enable this with the new method, ALL PCM gets converted to DSD. There is no choice. Previously we could select DoP, and leave output format alone, everything played back in it's native format.

How do you configure just the DSD protocol for just DSD; Output Method applies to all file types.

Maybe there is a glitch somewhere...because something is not working properly, or it was overlooked.

Can others check. I know there are even a few Vega users here?

monometer

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2014, 07:18:27 am »

Hello,

I try the MC with a TEAC ud-501 DAC before buying the software , i am interested in the DSD upsampling feature, my question is the following.
I can't activate this feature because my windows vista running is 32bit and i get the error message is can't open  ASIO 64bit audio file...., Is there a trick to use 32bit processing instead of the 64bit in the sending of the file , or do i need to upgrade to 64bit windows to use this feature ?
Thank you
Best regards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up