INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Copy a zone's settings to a new zone  (Read 8173 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
NEW: Copy a zone's settings to a new zone
« on: July 19, 2013, 02:13:17 pm »

When you create a new zone, you can now copy the settings from an existing zone.

This is useful if you want to experiment a little without changing your existing settings that you know work.

To use this, right-click Playing Now and pick 'Add Zone'.  This dialog will appear that allows you to copy the settings from an existing zone:

This is a small one, but was often requested.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: Copy a zone's settings to a new zone
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:45 pm »

This is a small one, but was often requested.

Ain't small at all to me.  ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:13:07 pm »

I already used this feature once and really like it!  8)

I anticipate more people will now create additional zones and I have a ZoneSwitch suggestion. When you copy a zone, the copied zone should also be selected in "Stop playback in these zones" if the original zone was selected. Alternatively, "Stop playback . . . " could have a global selection called "All other zones." This way you don't have to go back and reconfigure all ZoneSwitch rules to include stopping playback in the newly copied zone. The new zone would automatically become part of "All other zones."

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:04:59 pm »

Ain't small at all to me.  ;)

It is essential for me.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 07:02:06 pm »

Fantastic!

MikeThin

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:41:09 am »

Will it be possible to change zones on a per track basis?

I tried this in MC18 using some keywords and rules - it kinda worked, but frequently got 'Something went wrong with playback' errors.
I only get this error when I'm automatically switching zones between each track (using rules).

Basically what I am trying to achieve is have adaptive DSP settings, depending on the song.  Eg. I have some songs that need more bass, so I have a zone 'Add_Bass'.  Some songs hit a nasty resonance in my listening room, so I have a zone 'Kill_80Hz'.  I then keyword songs with Add_Bass, etc, and zone rules spot these keywords and switch in the right zone & DSP settings.

Great if this can work in MC19  (Or something better...).   

I've seen many people here asking to save/load DSP presets.  I would like to take that a step further and have per song rules...

Mike

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 06:03:25 pm »

Will it be possible to change zones on a per track basis?

I tried this in MC18 using some keywords and rules - it kinda worked, but frequently got 'Something went wrong with playback' errors.
I only get this error when I'm automatically switching zones between each track (using rules).

Basically what I am trying to achieve is have adaptive DSP settings, depending on the song.  Eg. I have some songs that need more bass, so I have a zone 'Add_Bass'.  Some songs hit a nasty resonance in my listening room, so I have a zone 'Kill_80Hz'.  I then keyword songs with Add_Bass, etc, and zone rules spot these keywords and switch in the right zone & DSP settings.

Great if this can work in MC19  (Or something better...).   

I've seen many people here asking to save/load DSP presets.  I would like to take that a step further and have per song rules...

Mike

Savable eq settings and the ability to automatically apply them on a per track basis is my #1 feature request for v19.   LOL... for the same reasons you mention... getting the overdone/lackOf bass right from album to album.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

I was going to ask for the ability to copy/paste in the PEQ in the request thread, then I saw this  ;D

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 03:31:41 pm »

This doesn't seem to be copying custom video mode settings to a new zone. (I had a zone set up with LAV Video manually configured to force deinterlacing of a 1080i video that had been encoded as 1080p)
Pages: [1]   Go Up