INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reading all albumcovers  (Read 1195 times)

Trino

• Recent member
Reading all albumcovers
« on: July 28, 2013, 07:38:40 am »

Hey from Germany,

is it possible to read/load all tagged albumcovers automatically ? Until now I have to scroll all different Screens (Music, Interprets ...) and then JR is loading the covers, that are on screen. That always takes much time, because my Database is big.

Thank for your answers  ;D

Trino

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Reading all albumcovers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 02:07:03 pm »

This is why I embed all my album art. Using flac files...art loads instantly and I never run the risk of losing any art.

Cheers,

VP

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 02:16:08 pm »

Isn''t this a function of building the thumbnail cache first?  Once the cache is built, cover art location is irrelevant.

The cover art has to be read initially in any case (either from a separate file, or from the file's metadata).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Trino

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 02:58:17 pm »

But when have scrolled every album, all covers are loaded and stored somewhere in the database. When I start MC next time, all covers are available immediately. Why can't this first reading be done automatic without scrolling manual ?

Regards

Trino

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 03:48:44 pm »

This is why I embed all my album art...

Also embedded cover art must be cached as thumbnails. It would be too slow to read hundreds or thousands cover art images from the individual disk files when the views are browsed.

But when have scrolled every album, all covers are loaded and stored somewhere in the database. When I start MC next time, all covers are available immediately. Why can't this first reading be done automatic without scrolling manual?

Thumbnails are small and fast cached copies of the images. By default, MC creates thumbnails on demand during browsing, but it is possible to build them beforehand: Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails...

It is also possible to configure Auto-Import to automatically build thumbnails for the imported files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up