INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems uninstalling JRMC18 after installing JRMC19  (Read 9254 times)

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
Problems uninstalling JRMC18 after installing JRMC19
« on: August 16, 2013, 10:12:00 am »

I figured that MC 19 was fairly stable so I decided to uninstall MC 18. I discovered that it wouldn't uninstall, either from the All Programs-JRiver Media Center 18 route or from the Control Panel.

I went back to the All Programs-JRiver Media Center 18 route and ran the uninstall program in Windows 7 compatibility mode. I got a message saying the Black on Black skin could not be loaded and that it was reverting to the default skin. Then it crashed. I repeated the procedure in Windows 7 compatibility mode and this time it worked. To get this to work, I had to uninstall JRMC19 first.

This behaviour occurred on both my laptops. Looks like there may be a problem here

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problems uninstalling JRMC18 after installing JRMC19
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:37:50 am »

To workaround, run MC18, close it, then uninstall.

The problem will be fixed in a future build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 11:01:05 am »

Just in case it's the same for anyone else, this did not work for me. I had to install v18 in order to get the uninstaller to run without crashing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:04:20 am »

Thanks Marko.

If you're having uninstall problems, installing the latest build, then uninstalling is a good thing to try.

mywhey

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 10:27:57 am »

I've been having problems for months trying to completely uninstall media center 18 I have always had the current version updated and I have been receiving a missing J river tools file error message consistently I read that others are having same said issue uninstalling can anyone tell me what to do? I  uninstall from normal windows panel restart and download current version but it never comes with jrtools . How do I acquire it shouldn't I just get it automatically with redown loading? I've redownloaded about 10 times or more uninstalled same amount of times. Just downloaded v19 and again I don't have jr tools file

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:34:25 am »

mywhey

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:03:01 am »

yes i am using that version.

freesteve

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 11:40:40 am »

Fixed hopefully installed as admin.  Then I right clicked one file and changed to media 19 and "bingo." So far so good.  Thanks

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »

I have tried to uninstall MC18 from my computer.  I believe I have the latest version but I am a bit confused about what's happened when I tried to uninstall it.  I got a message about the program might not have uninstalled correctly.  The program still shows as installed and none of the files in the directory have been deleted.  How do I proceed?  Can I just delete the directory?  Also, I have a very large number of playlists.  Where is the information stored.  Are they in a separate diretory or stored within MC19?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 06:27:39 pm »

There was a problem with a few builds that may be what you're seeing.  If so, try installing the latest build (Old Versions on the wiki) and then uninstalling.

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 08:31:36 pm »

I believe I have gotten around the problem.  I cast caution to the winds and just deleted the directory.  I then tried to uninstall again and when Windows didn't find the directory, it gave me the option to delete the program from the list of installed programs and I then ran a registry cleaner to get rid of any dead pointers.  Everything seems OK and MC19 is running fine.

I do wish you would provide the option to either overwrite the previous version of MC as opposed to simply creating a new program.

Finally,  I have a very large number of playlists.  Where is the information stored?  Are they in a separate directory or stored within MC19?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 08:35:58 pm »

Finally,  I have a very large number of playlists.  Where is the information stored?  Are they in a separate directory or stored within MC19?

They're stored in the library.  You can backup and restore this.  You can also configure where you store it.

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 09:51:01 pm »

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 07:26:35 am »

Registry cleaners can cause problems.  We don't recommend using them.

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 10:33:26 am »

OK, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up