INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiverASIOdriver.dll failed to load  (Read 4552 times)

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
JRiverASIOdriver.dll failed to load
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »

19 works OK but it broke my 18 latest version... won't play at all.

1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000
3. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP
4. TempoTec Sonata E44 - Audeze LCDi3
5. Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:07:40 am »

I have same fatal problem with MC18 after installing MC19 just as Matias reported by Replay #11.  MC19 is quite OK, but MC18 has fatal problem when I try to set ASIO driver which MC19 is also using.

I cannot understand why MC18 is calling MC19's JRiverASIODriver.dll.

Of course, I do not run MC18 together with MC19.  I start MC18 after completely closing MC19, but the fatal error happens with MC18 when I try to set ASIO driver.  Reinstallation of latest MC18 does not resolve the problem.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Intel Core i7 X990, Memory 24 GB --

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:00:08 am »

I have same fatal problem with MC18 after installing MC19 just as Matias reported by Replay #11.  MC19 is quite OK, but MC18 has fatal problem when I try to set ASIO driver which MC19 is also using.

I cannot understand why MC18 is calling MC19's JRiverASIODriver.dll.

Of course, I do not run MC18 together with MC19.  I start MC18 after completely closing MC19, but the fatal error happens with MC18 when I try to set ASIO driver.  Reinstallation of latest MC18 does not resolve the problem.
Try closing Media Server in MC19, as well.  But the problem may be at the driver level.  You could run one with DirectSound.

MC19 can also act as an ASIO driver.  See the New Features list for information on that.  But that's probably separate from your problem.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:55:33 pm »

Try closing Media Server in MC19, as well.  But the problem may be at the driver level.  You could run one with DirectSound.
MC19 can also act as an ASIO driver.  See the New Features list for information on that.  But that's probably separate from your problem.

How can I close Media Server function in MC19?  Tools-Option- General-some where??

I now understand that MC18 ASIO setting is trying to use MC19's JriverAsioDriver.dll because MC19 itself behaves as an ASIO driver to any other software including MC18 which would use ASIO mode.  In this case, however, MC18 should properly call and enable playback in ASIO mode using MC19's JriverAsioDriver.dll, but actually it causes fatal error to completely freeze MC18.  At this time, I would not like to use "MC19 as ASIO driver" with the stable MC18;  MC18 should act exactly identical to MC18 before MC19 installation.  Together with stable MC18, I am jsut testing MC19.

We need to know proper procedure(s) for MC18 to run as it was before installing MC19!  Otherwise, this problem may happen with other audio softwares in ASIO mode.

I agree and support that "MC19 can also act as an ASIO driver", but we need a simple and easy way to disable the feature.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 09:09:54 pm »

MC as a driver is disabled by default.   You would need to select it as a driver in another program.

Shut down Media Server by right clicking on it in the Notification Area (lower right corner of your desktop.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 05:50:38 am »

MC as a driver is disabled by default.   You would need to select it as a driver in another program.

Shut down Media Server by right clicking on it in the Notification Area (lower right corner of your desktop.
Also related to the problem reported Replies #11,16,17,22,23,24,25.

Even though MC19's Media Server function is always off by Tools-Option-Startup-Windows Startup-Nothing, MC18's ASIO setting has fatal error.
May be there should be some wrong key(s) in the registry for MC18 after installing MC19??

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 06:10:30 am »

Also related to the problem reported Replies #11,16,17,22,23,24,25.

Even though MC19's Media Server function is always off by Tools-Option-Startup-Windows Startup-Nothing, MC18's ASIO setting has fatal error.
May be there should be some wrong key(s) in the registry for MC18 after installing MC19??

I searched throughout the registry, and found five of "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Drivers\JRiverASIODriver.dll" value, but I do not know which one would be wrong for MC18 to cause the fatal error and freeze of MC18.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: JRiverASIOdriver.dll failed to load
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 06:43:58 am »

Try setting the audio device again.  Tools/Options/Audio.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 06:59:28 am »

Try setting the audio device again.  Tools/Options/Audio.
OK, I tried.  With MC18, I can set Tools/Options/Audio/Audio Output/Output mode/ASIO.  After that when I push the "Out mode settings...." the fatal error message appear and MC18 completely freezes.

I can set non-ASIO mode e.g. Tools/Options/Audio/Audio Output/Output mode/WASAPI to use WASAPI output sound card without probrem, but of course I would like to use the same ASIO device with MC18 as well as MC19.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 07:08:17 am »

With MC18, just after set ASIO by Tools/Options/Audio/Audio Output/Output mode/ASIO, I tried to play a DSF file, but again the fatal error happened;

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 08:09:48 am »

Dear JimH,
Sorry, but I will go to bed soon, and will return to this thread tomorrow morning.  It is 22:05 now in Japan.  Thank you for your kind cooperation and hardwork to resolve the problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 08:53:52 am »

MC18 won't be able to use the new JRiver ASIO, but we need to make a change in MC19 to make this work smoothly.  The next build will hopefully do that.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 04:53:54 pm »

MC18 won't be able to use the new JRiver ASIO, but we need to make a change in MC19 to make this work smoothly.  The next build will hopefully do that.
Good morning from Kyoto.  OK, I understand.  I hope the next build of MC19 will provide choice of the driver (JRiverASIOdriver.dll) usage for other sowtware so that MC18 would work just like as it was before installing MC19.  This problem should be resolved not only for MC18 but also for other audio play-back programs, I assume.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 04:08:57 am »

Dear JimH,

Today I installed MC19.0.31, and, as you reported for MC19.0.30, I confirmed the ASIO setting problem for existing MC18 is now fixed/resolved.  I can now use both MC18 and MC 19 with same ASIO driver for my Korg DS-DAC-10.  Thank you for your cooperation, an I am very much looking forward to having further fine-tuning of MC19 in coming months.

Pages: [1]   Go Up