INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems using QAM with J River 19 and TV Stick  (Read 2740 times)

Doane

Problems using QAM with J River 19 and TV Stick
« on: October 05, 2013, 02:13:13 pm »

When using the J River USB TV stick I am able to successfully scan for over the air channels using the ATSC format.  Everything works fine.  However, when I try and scan using the QAM format (for unencrypted cable), J River gives an error message "Scanning Failed.  Details: failed to build digital preview graph."  I've reinstalled the drivers twice, with the same outcome.  Notably, the free viewing software that was provided with the USB tuner works.  It is able to successfully scan for (and find with accuracy) all the QAM channels, as well as ATSC channels. This suggests to me that the USB driver is working, and that the problem is with MC. 

Has anyone encountered this?  I see some older posts with the same error message, but the details seem quite different. 

Thanks

log attached

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Problems using QAM with J River 19 and TV Stick
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:32:01 am »

Your log shows that you used "QAM HRC+3" for "Frequencies".  Did you try other options in that drop-down box?  For example "QAM Standard" etc.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Problems using QAM with J River 19 and TV Stick
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:49:31 am »

Never mind what I said in my previous post. 

Is your TV stick one of those KWorld PlusTV devices?  The log shows the failure occurred at building a DirectShow graph and it failed to load a proper Network Provider device.  The reason for that failure is that your TV stick, I believe, is not designed for QAM operation.  It is an ATSC/NTSC hybrid tuner.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up