INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More help with Visualisation Studio  (Read 1394 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
More help with Visualisation Studio
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:20:28 am »

I'm trying to devise my own Now Playing window of sorts but am finding it difficult to position and size the image and text elements. In particular, what do the following parameters mean/do and how do you specify them?

On images:

MainRectangle (the pre-defined value like Top Half are self-explanatory but I believe you can also enter x and y values for more precise control but cannot work out the "syntax" and what the values do)
ImageChangeEquation (what does this do and what is its syntax?)

On text:

TextLocationEquation (ditto)
TextAlignment (does this work on the whole screen or relative to the Text Location?)

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: More help with Visualisation Studio
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:33:22 pm »

I've tried looking for this info a couple different times and come up empty. It would sure save me with trial (and much) error. I hope somebody can toss a little bone this direction...

Thanks in advance,

Rick

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:47:57 pm »

Yeah, I've tried experimenting but just can't pin any of it down. Sometimes, entering a larger value in what I thought I'd worked out to be an x-offset has the effect of decreasing the image size, and other random effects like that.

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:10 am »

I've tried looking for this info a couple different times and come up empty. It would sure save me with trial (and much) error. I hope somebody can toss a little bone this direction...

I also hope that eventually JRiver will revamp their graphics engine to allow us to easily change something on a page.
Sorry I cannot help you with your question as I have gone down that road many times trying to customize the look and feel of JRiver.
I'll admit I'm no expert but can usually figure something out. The whole 'rollers' thing is just beyond me. I can relate to changing the value of something and having it seemingly do something random to the screen.
It's as if the graphics code was written to make it difficult for an average person to modify to their liking, or is an afterthought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up