INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filtering for incomplete albums  (Read 3895 times)

FelixB

Filtering for incomplete albums
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to bring an order to my music gathered over the years - now that I have found JRiver. So - as a warning, I am still a newbie to this software (but I know how to search a forum and I did). Anyway, I managed to order all audio files as I wanted in folders and subfolder tagged with author, Album and so on.
As this has brought up quite a lot of subfolders, I would like to reduce this number by putting all incomplete albums with lets say 4 tracks or less in a combined "Single&Incomplete" Folder. Therefore I would need any filtering like "show me all albums with less than 5 tracks" in any Folder or Smartlist. Is there anyone with a suggestion how to do this (or any link where I can find help for this)? Other solutions to my problem are also welcome!

Thank you in advance!
Felix

P.S: The "incomplete album" auto-tag doesn't help me much, as many of my albums are not correctly calculated as complete or incomplete

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Filtering for incomplete albums
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »

Do you care about the Track #'s being accurate for incomplete albums?  If not, you could change the track numbers so that the rules for incompleteness will be hit:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Multiple_Artist_Albums#Complete_Albums

Otherwise, you'll have to use some special magic in your view to calculate the number of tracks / album, and even then, I'm not sure if it will work since I've not tested it.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:17 am »

I use a perl script I've made to check that all albums have correctly sequentially numbered tracks with no "holes" = missing tracks. I'll never catch albums where tracks are only missing at the end but it's still helpful.

I've actually found a number of albums missing tracks where the tracks (files) have disappeared during larger re-encoding between lossless formats or after re-tagging large number of multiple albums in one go. Probably due to disk-load time outs not handled correctly by the software used when juggling with tempfiles during re-tagging or re-encoding?

gappie

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 06:22:18 am »

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to bring an order to my music gathered over the years - now that I have found JRiver. So - as a warning, I am still a newbie to this software (but I know how to search a forum and I did). Anyway, I managed to order all audio files as I wanted in folders and subfolder tagged with author, Album and so on.
As this has brought up quite a lot of subfolders, I would like to reduce this number by putting all incomplete albums with lets say 4 tracks or less in a combined "Single&Incomplete" Folder. Therefore I would need any filtering like "show me all albums with less than 5 tracks" in any Folder or Smartlist. Is there anyone with a suggestion how to do this (or any link where I can find help for this)? Other solutions to my problem are also welcome!

Thank you in advance!
Felix

P.S: The "incomplete album" auto-tag doesn't help me much, as many of my albums are not correctly calculated as complete or incomplete
one way to make a smartlist showing only albums with less then 5 tracks I can think of, is using three smartlists.

the first one, lets say presortI:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~limit=-1,4,[album],[album artist (auto)]this takes 4 tracks of every album (orless when there are not 4). the limit is limit advanced.

now make a second smartlist, presortII
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] -playlistid==161243697 ~a the playlist id is the first smartlist who should be excluded (so: playlists is not any presortI , so you have to point it to that one since the number will be different on your machine, and the ~a means 'expand to full album'.

and then the last: agaian all audio, and then playlists is not any presortII

this will give you all albums with 4 or less tracks.. you could add things like incomplete

hope that was clear

:)
gab

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 03:39:17 am »

I use a perl script I've made to check that all albums have correctly sequentially numbered tracks with no "holes" = missing tracks. I'll never catch albums where tracks are only missing at the end but it's still helpful.

I've actually found a number of albums missing tracks where the tracks (files) have disappeared during larger re-encoding between lossless formats or after re-tagging large number of multiple albums in one go. Probably due to disk-load time outs not handled correctly by the software used when juggling with tempfiles during re-tagging or re-encoding?

I'd love this script. Is there a way in MC to have a view of Albums, each album has at least one "hole", a missing track. This is assuming all track# fields are not empty...?

MrC

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 03:50:29 am »

I'd love this script. Is there a way in MC to have a view of Albums, each album has at least one "hole", a missing track. This is assuming all track# fields are not empty...?

This would be a great pscriptor scriplet.

You'd have a file list column in the view that defines what you consider "an album" (it could be the Album field, or an expression field - pscriptor only cares about the column header name and that it is in the view), and you tell it what field you want populated with some value, like "Incomplete", or the missing tracks numbers, or whatever.   Then, you can just filter on that field however you want. 

Or you could just have it output the album name to the console.  Or both.

The scriptlet will takes just a few minutes to create.  Interested?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 04:13:48 am »

Yes. First a stupid question.

I am talking about albums that are physically missing files.

I am finding a huge amount of my extracted Dff files from SACD ISO are missing tracks.

So a folder might have correct filename scheme but only have tracks 2,3,5, and 7. It's missing 1,4,6.

Just checking that it's not for missing metadata in Track# field.

MrC

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 04:22:50 am »

Understood. It will run through your tracks, and look for, and report on, the missing track #s, i.e. the holes.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 08:44:02 am »

Man that would be useful! Would it be able to see that track1 was missing from a set? I assume the last track would be impossible...

MrC

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 10:03:12 am »

See if this is what you want.  We'll start out with some simple output to the console.  If you like the idea, we can have it update some field in MC.

Install pscriptor as per instructions, and unzip and install the attached Scriplet into the Scriplets folder under the pscriptor folder.  Add an expression column to your filelist, with the Name of AlbumKey and the expression value of:

AlbumKey()

The Name must match the argument passed to -f below.  The command to use is:

perl pscriptor.pl -E MissingTracks -f AlbumKey -c pscriptor-config.txt

If you wanted to also check for tracks after the last, you'd need a TotalTracks field with correct values for each of your albums.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:42:13 pm »

Thanks! I have a bit of error here on the third command prompt entry:

MrC

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 12:44:15 pm »

That's:

ppm install Text-CSV

not:

ppm install Text-CSV5

HiFiTubes

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 01:15:22 pm »

Doh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up