INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD .iso Multi-Channel Stack Behavior and Re-Import  (Read 3546 times)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
SACD .iso Multi-Channel Stack Behavior and Re-Import
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:20:50 am »

For SACD .iso files that have both stereo and multi-channel tracks, I have the multi-channel tracks tagged as Disc 2, and the tracks stacked with the stereo track on top to prevent duplicate plays.  However, I am running into problems with the stacking process. 

1) Every time I close Media Server, when I re-open, the stack is auto expanded.  Are stacks supposed to do this?  The stack icon is showing the collapsed stack icon, but it is actually expanded.  I then have to go to Stacks -> Expand and then Stacks -> Collapse on every album to correct it.

2) The Multi-Channel tracks from the .iso re-import every time I re-open after closing Media Server.  I'm thinking this might be the underlying cause of issue 1.  Is there a reason it is doing this?  All the tag info stays the same except the date imported changes to the current time.  It does this with out me making any changes outside of MC, and the stereo tracks maintain their original date imported. 

connersw

Re: SACD .iso Multi-Channel Stack Behavior and Re-Import
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:31:46 am »

Can anyone repeat this issue?

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 07:20:22 am »

Until i checked "Ignore files previously removed from library" the #2 issue happened to me too.

connersw

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:09:49 am »

Thanks, but I already have that checked.  Also, I don't want to ignore or remove them; I just want them to stay in my library unchanged. 

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:12 pm »

And now the deleted tracks are back again  :-\

connersw

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:50:37 pm »

Update with 19.0.74:  The multi-channel tracks now re-import every time I collapse the stack.  The stack icon still shows collapsed, but it is not.  I right click Stacks -> Expand Stacks (because Collapse Stacks is greyed out).  Then Stacks -> Collapse Stacks.  The stack collapses and within ~30-seconds, the stack re-expands (with the collapsed stack icon), and I am back where I started from; except all the multi-channel tracks now have a new Date Imported time as the current time.  Because of this, my SACD's wth Multi-Channel tracks are always at the very front of my New Albums view no matter what I do.  Before I could at least collapse the stack, and they would fall back into line.   

Edit: Reverted back to 19.0.67 due to a Gizmo video control issue.  Old behavior of only re-importing on Media Server close is back, so I can at least get the stacks to collapse again, even though they won't stay that way after a reboot. 

connersw

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »

Can anyone duplicate this behavior?  I am still seeing the same issue in 19.0.87.  Multi-Channel tracks re-import after Media Server closes and reopens. 

connersw

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »

Could someone who has an SACD .iso with both stereo and multi-channel tracks please try stacking the tracks with stereo tracks on top, close Media Server.  Are the tracks auto expanding and the multi-channel tracks re-importing on reopening MC?  I'm still seeing the same behavior with 19.0.96.
Pages: [1]   Go Up