INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [19.0.67] Multitrack Analysis  (Read 3078 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[19.0.67] Multitrack Analysis
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:31:11 am »

Quick question: I have a bunch of DVD and BD rips that I made via DVDFab (folder structure, &c.). When I tell MC to analyse audio, does it analyse all language tracks, or just the default track? I have a lot of anime that I watch in Japanese with English subtitles, and for whatever reason, J River doesn't remember to play the last track I used when it comes to IFO files.

Goatshade

Re: [19.0.74] Multitrack Analysis
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:41:22 pm »

A thought?

Goatshade

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »

I also have a series of related questions:

I've been testing the DLNA capabilities with both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, for which I have selected, and have not altered, their respective pre-sets provided by MC (except for the rules for file display). MC is acting quite a bit like the PS3 Media Server, but less finicky. Unfortunately, there are a couple of glaring issues, particularly with video content.

For background, all of said video content has been ripped to my PC via DVDFab in folder structure (IFO's and BDMV's).

In the case of the PS3, video will not play at all. The DVD rips are launching, but there is no actual playback: it hangs at a black screen. Pressing SELECT reveals a beginning/end timeline of 00:00:00/00:00:00. Attempting to play some (not all) of the BD rips results in the "The data is corrupted" message. All content, however, is being categorised and sorted correctly, according to my file display settings.

On the Xbox 360, I can play everything, DVD or BD rip. The problem is that, while all files are being categorised in the folders that I intended, they are not sorting properly, ordering by name instead of episode number. This, of course, proves to be somewhat problematic for TV series.

Neither device gives me any audio track or subtitle options, which is an issue for me because I have a lot of anime that includes both English and Japanese audio. I'd like to be able to switch between each track, if possible.

While I'm on the subject, does the Wii U have any DLNA capability, and if so, is it supported by MC?

What can I do to remedy these issues, if anything?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
Re: [19.0.67] Multitrack Analysis
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:29:00 pm »

I believe it only analyzes the default audio track. As for your other questions, I can not comment...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Goatshade

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 11:49:42 pm »

Upon further testing with the PS3, I have found that selecting "H264-TS very high bandwidth stream" and then setting the Mode to "Specified output format" (as in, always converting, not only when necessary) allows for successful playback of all files, DVD and BD. It still does not allow me to switch audio or subtitle tracks, but I have noticed that the PS3 seems to select the audio and subtitle track based on which one was last selected in MC. Unfortunately, this does not work for DVD rips because, again, MC "forgets" when the last audio/subtitle track was once playback of the rip is stopped.

Any ideas?

Goatshade

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 06:15:03 pm »

At least some kind of affirmation that it's impossible would be welcome.  ?

Goatshade

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:01 am »

Once more with feeling.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 08:47:36 am »

click
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Goatshade

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 07:41:37 pm »

Click?
Pages: [1]   Go Up