INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash while adding files  (Read 1717 times)

ronenash

• Recent member
Crash while adding files
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »

MC 19.0.82 still crashes when playing music and adding new files to the library monitored folders. If I listen to music and at the same time add files (iso, dff, flac) to the MC folder that are monitored for auto-import at some point MC will crash. This is not consistent and does not happen on the first import of a new album but will always happen.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Crash while adding files
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:53:40 pm »

Ronenash,

That sounds like the problem I've been experiencing for quite a long time. Yesterday I posted a new post regarding this issue. However I didn't associate the issue with adding new files. But I now realize this is most likely the case for me, too. Sometimes it will occur not long after adding new files and other times the next day. When it occurs during playback the music files usually will continue to play but then, once the playlist has completed, it becomes non-responsive and I must reboot. If it occurs later it's almost always the very next nite. I'll try to play something, get no response and must reboot. Then its fine.

Getting very frustrating.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crash while adding files
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 07:11:08 am »

This is the kind of problem that can be caused by something like a virus checker.

Please provide more details about OS, etc.

See if you can narrow it down to certain kinds of files.

Are you using any third party plug-ins?

Restore your license.

Please use this thread, not the build thread.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 08:09:28 am »

Jim,

I have JRiver installed on a CAPPS Zuma v3 dedicated music server which pulls from my primary NAS (Synology DS 1812+) via Ethernet home network connection. OS is the latest Windows 8.1. I have not installed any 3rd party plug ins to the best of my knowledge. When I add music files (have not yet begun using video) it is either Flac files from HDTracks or ripped files from CD's, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray using either DB PowerAmp (always rip to both Flac & wav at same time), DVD Audio Ripper &/or DVD Fab 9 (rip to Flac then convert to wav).

By the way....I use JRemote......the only 3rd party component

When you say "restore license" do you suggest I un-install & re-install JRiver?

Thx, Jim. Happy Thanksgiving!

JR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 08:37:46 am »

Here's how you restore:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

The NAS could be a factor.

AV installed?  If so, please test without it.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 09:58:35 am »

Sorry....but what are you referring to when you as if "AV" is installed?

ronenash

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 04:00:31 am »

Jim,

I am using the latest build (82) on a Windows 8.1 machine. The virus scanner is the one that comes with Windows (i.e. Windows Defender). I do not think its related to the virus scanner as I have used the exact same PC configuration with MC 18 without a problem.
It might be related to the fact that some of the new files are read only. I know this will create when trying to change tags but I cannot see how this relates to crashes after importing new files.

If you have any ideas on how I can help you debug this problem please let me know.

Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up