INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View THEME - How to create or customise  (Read 13194 times)

rjn

• Recent member
Theater View THEME - How to create or customise
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:38:23 am »

The following is based on JRiver v19.0.108

A [Theater View:SKIN] defines the 'layout' of the screen components in [Theater View]
For example, it defines where
   Buttons/Rollers are located, such as Movies, Audio, Images, Exit
   Text is located, such as headers and footer text
   Where pics are located on roller/menu pages and info pages

A [Theater View:THEME] provides a set of background images that are displayed while navigating [Theater View]

As best as I can tell, there is no technical inter-relationship between a SKIN and a THEME, although they are often created in conjuntion with one another.

The theme folder structure, and names of the folders are key to get the images to display while navigating within [Theater View]
Having played around with the folders a little, this is what I have found the following.  Please feel free to correct me where I am wrong.

To create a new theme, create a new folder within the Themes folder.
The default folder location is C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 19\Skins\Theater View\Themes
For this example, i'll create a theme called "MyTheme"

Once created, it will show up as an avaiable theme for selection from within Tools > Options > Theater View > Appearance > Theme :

Now, if you copy a background image file into the \MyTheme folder, that image will show up in [Theater View] behind the roller menus, and on all Info pages.
If you copy a second (or third, etc) image file into the \MyTheme folder, JRiver will randomly display one of the images each time you enter [Theater View].

However, if you would like diplay a specific image for each menu item on the roller, you need to :
1) create a sub-folder named \Root within your them folder  ie:  \MyTheme\Root
2) create a subfolder underneath \Root, named exactly the same as the Menu item name. 
eg: if the button on your roller menu is named "Audio", create a subfolder named \Audio. If the button on the your roller menu is named "Music", create a subfolder named \Music.
3) copy a unique background image into each subfolder.
Now, when you move between roller menu items, the image you placed under the respecitive subfolder will be displayed in the background

In the situation where you have roller menu items for which you DO NOT have a subfolder created under the \Root folder, then an image from either within the \Root folder, or the \MyTheme folder will be displayed.
If you DO NOT have an image file in either the \Root folder, or the \MyTheme folder, then the background will be blank for that menu item.

Now, if you would like to display a specific background image for the Info pages, which is different from the background on the roller view, you need to:
1) create a subfolder from within the \MyTheme folder, named exactly the same as the roller menu item  eg: \MyTheme\Movies
2) copy an image file into the folder
Now, when you open the Info page from the roller menu, the image file you copied into the folder will be displayed

In the situation where you have roller menu items for which you DO NOT have a subfolder created under the \MyTheme folder, then an image from either within the \MyTheme folder will be displayed.
If you DO NOT have an image file in either the \Root folder, or the \MyTheme folder, then the background will be blank for that menu item.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: If you have Online Media SlideShow enabled, (with a content provider selected), and content is found, then your background image will not be displayed.
If content is not found, then your background image will be displayed. 
Online Media SlideShow can be found from Tools > Options > Theater View > Appearance > Theme : > Online Media SlideShow

Finally, if any of the directories has more than one image file stored within it, JRiver will randomly pick one of the files to display from within the folder.
Each time the image changes, the image file displayed will be randomly selected again.

So, in summary......

\MyTheme                <===== Name of theme
   \Root               <===== Subfolder to store background images for roller menu items.... folder must be named "Root"
      \Movies         <===== Background images for each individual roller menu it.... must be named exactly the same as Roller menu name
      \Music          <===== as above
      \Images         <===== as above
      \Playlist       <===== as above
      \TV Shows      <===== as above
   \Movies             <===== Background images for info pages ... must be named exactly the same as Roller menu name
   \Music              <===== as above
   \Images             <===== as above
   \Playlist           <===== as above
   \TV Shows           <===== as above

BE AWARE: If you wish to re-use a theme, make sure that the folder names match your menu names.
You can change menu names from within Tools > Options > Theater View > Items to Show (listbox)

Having learnt this, I have constructed my own custom theme, re-using images I like from various other themes.

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Theater View THEME - How to create or customise
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:21:08 pm »

Hi,
Thank you for a excellent how to / I can change the images for when I first enter Theater view.

What I would really like to avoid is the veiling of the image the misty look,is there anyway to avoid this.

And also when I delete the Van Gogh images and add my own / the next time I update I have to repeat the process.

Is there anyway to stop the update changing my images

Thank you

Lupin 3rd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:31:11 am »

Hi Thank you for your guide.

I've some movies that Auto-import tagged wrong (wrong film).
Some of those films are local production not indexed on IMDb.

So I've manually tagged those files but (in theater view) I still see the wrong backdrops.

There is a way to choose backdrops for a single film?

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 02:45:09 pm »

sejethomas

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 05:55:25 am »

Are there any way to change the transparency of the background images?

ScottRey269

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 07:46:59 am »

If you know which image in skin you want to adjust transparency of,  open the Main. Xml file inside that skins folder and locate where that images info is in the xml.   Once found,  there will likely be a "alpha" setting.  Just adjust that up or down.  Range is 0-100%.   The lower the value,  the more transparent it will be.   The higher the value,  the more solid it becomes.   I hope that helps!
HTPC Setup:  Silverstone LC20-B HTPC Case|Asus H87M-E Motherboard|Seasonic Power Supply|Intel Core I5-4570S 2.9 GHZ|(2)4GB Corsair XMS3 Memory|Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD (Internal- System)|Seagate Ironwolf 6TB (Internal- Documents)|Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard|Razer Diamondback Chroma Gaming Mouse|Windows 10 64bit v.1903/ MC 25.0.113 (64-bit)|Vantec NST-640SU3-BK 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (2) 1TB Seagate Constellation ES  (MC Server Mains)|Qnap TR-004 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (1) 3TB Seagate Ironwolf (Music Backup) & (2) 8TB Seagate Ironwolf (Video Backup)|Pioneer BDR-209D BR Drive

Router:  Linxsys AC5400 Maxstream

Home Theatre:  Logitech Harmony One Remote|Yamaha RX-V473 Rcvr.|LG 55C9 4K OLED TV| (2) Polk TSx 550T (F)| (1) Polk CS10 (C)| (4) Polk TS200 (S)| (1) Polk PSW505 (Su

MediaDemon

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 11:13:24 pm »

Hi,
Is there any way to change the duration that background art is displayed before moving on to the next image in Theatre View? I. talking about the Van Gogh... files located in the Skins\Theatre View\Themes\Default directory in MC 24 for example.

If not could making the duration configurable be put on the wish list for the next release?

Thanks.

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 08:37:46 am »

As skin in theater view use Glass and when I click on the various menus, the font color changes from white to blue to make it easier to read. With metadata, unfortunately, this does not happen and the color remains white: is there a particular setting that I have to do?
Pages: [1]   Go Up