INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: themoviedbAPI integration  (Read 4573 times)

fredele

• World Citizen
themoviedbAPI integration
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:18:03 am »

Hi folks !
I've written a very little program  who can be run with the external execute command, and "Filename" as parameter.
My program connects to the free Themoviedb (.org) API  to retrieve the data online and writes them to the xml file located in the same directory as the movie file.
This new information can be retrieved in the database by updating it with the appropriate command in JRiver.

BONUS : Have the information in french, my native language ...  ;D

Question :

- Do i have the rights to modifie this file by my own this way ? ? I do not access JRiver by COM this way, just complete standalone app ..
- Any interest ?

Thanks for your time !

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: themoviedbAPI integration
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 03:31:34 am »

For an English language user, it sounds like your API wouldn't offer an advantage over MC's current onboard Get Movie & TV Info function.

Am I missing something?

I'm sure your fellow French speakers and other foreign language users may be looking at this as useful. Great work for being so industrious.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:54:09 am »

Well, the answer to your question is YES and No ...

Of course, the moviedb is for now integrated in JRIver, but it appears that all the information who is present is not correctly retrieved by the
program itself ..

Or maybe have I missed something ... ?
I have some example ...

My app also lets you chose with a user interface which field will be imported or not in the xml.

It also can write more fields (including characters, Executive Producer, Sound engineer, so forth ...) which can not be done with JRiver alone.
This new fields can be created in the database as  custom fields, an so be written from the xml file ..

NOTE : With futher developpment it coud also do some Web scraping from other site ...legal issue ?  :-X Really don't know ..

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 04:04:19 am »

Well,
'A picture speaks a thousands words' as we usully say in france ...
so ..

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 04:11:48 am »

Magnifique!

Now I'm getting the concept. Looks funky.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 08:08:57 pm »

So, i've just finished the app.
Now it has been fully  tested on W7 and W8, my myself and two guys from the French section.
Works good, does the job.
I put everything, including a setup, on git : https://github.com/fredele/JRMoviedB

robydago

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »

thanks  a lot fredele,

there are some glitches, but it's basically usable.
since the embedded MC function is able to get move info in English only, your tool is invaluable!

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 04:06:47 am »

Yes, it' s not a state of art, I know .. ;D.., but  it does the job ...

Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestion or fork the project.

Cheers !

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59:35 pm »

fredele, you should really investigate just accessing MC's Database via COM.  The COM interface is pretty robust, and provides fast and convenient access to the entire MC Library (for reading and writing).

Of course, looking just at the file extensions of your source, it looks like you are writing in Delphi.  I'm not sure how simple it would be to access MC over COM via Delphi, but it doesn't look impossible.

It really isn't bad in C#, once you get the reference to the main IMJAutomation interface.

Details:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Automation
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:14 am »

The first version I wrote was writing the XML file and sending a PosteMessage  'update from file' ...simpler to program I thought.

But now the app. works  with COM, and yes it wasn't to hard to do it in Delphi ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up