INTERACT FORUM

Merci de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire.

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Recherche avancée  

Auteur Sujet: JRiver Media Center 19.0.124 for Mac -- Available Here  (Lu 9201 fois)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 19.0.124 for Mac -- Available Here
« le: Avril 08, 2014, 03:57:02 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190124.dmg

19.0.124 (4/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Some WMA lossless files would play at wrong speed and/or with static.
2. Fixed: Installing non-supported VST plugins (e.g. older 32bit only ones) would cause PackageInstaller to crash and no error was shown in Media Center.
3. Fixed: When adding a new VST plugin, the file selection dialog would show up behind Media Center.

19.0.123 (4/2/2014)

1. Changed: Reinstated standard Mac Quit menu option.
2. NEW: Support for 64 bit VST audio plugins in DSP Studio.  From "Manage Plug-ins / Add VST" select the Plug-in package ending in ".VST" (usually in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST).

19.0.122 (3/17/2014)

1. Fixed: The date tag was being read incorrectly in WMA files.
2. Fixed: WMA lossless wasn't working.

19.0.121 (3/12/2014)

1. Fixed: Duplicate menus were being shown if you activated the left-most item and dragged over one of the other items.
2. Changed: Got rid of "Quit" menu option which was redundant with "Exit" option on File menu. Cmd-Q still works for exiting program.
3. Fixed: WMA files showed incorrect bitrate in player display window.
4. Changed: Retina Mode (View -> Size -> Retina Mode) will now stay enabled between program runs.  Before you had to enable it each time you started Media Center.
5. Fixed: In Retina mode, main menu dropdowns would partially cover the main menu.
6. Fixed: In Retina mode, the blurred 'alpha' background behind menus was offset from the actual location of the background.
7. Fixed: In Retina mode, the DSP Studio windows looked funny - the window was much too big with lots of empty space around the DSP options.

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. NEW: WMA decoding.  Window Media files can now be imported and played.  Tags are read-only at this point.

19.0.119 (2/27/2014)

1. Changed: Changed UDP socket Accept function to use 'select' rather than 'kqueue/kevent'.  Trying to eliminate application hang at shutdown.

19.0.118 (2/24/2014)

1. Fixed: License restores were not working with build 117.

19.0.117 (2/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Fixed: MC license no longer needs to be restored whenever the Mac computer name changes.
3. Fixed: Fill properties from filename using Template was showing full path rather than just filename.
4. Fixed: Enabled filesystem statistics gathering function.
5. Fixed: Allow : in filename (was filtered out by windows code).
6. Fixed: Remove special treatment of UNC style paths (windows code).
7. Fixed: Remove special treatment of . in pathnames, i.e. foo./bar (windows code).
8. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
10. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
11. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code.  MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
12. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
13. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
14. Fixed: Directory presets in some dialogs had the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slashes.

19.0.103 (1/10/2014)

1. Fixed: iTunes playlists were not importing correctly.
2. Fixed: Debug logging was always re-enabled at startup regardless of user setting.
3. Fixed: Added right-click menu in display view to allow display type and cover art style choices.
4. Fixed: Empty directories were not getting removed following file deletions.
5. Fixed: Very small FLAC files were failing playback (e.g. Test silence files smaller than 64k bytes).

19.0.100 (12/20/2013)

1. Changed: Several improvements to Retina support.
2. Fixed: When exporting playlists with relative paths, the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slash was used in filenames.
3. Fixed: Typing or modifying a filename path in the tag window would cause the wrong type of directory separator slash to be placed at the end of the path.
4. Changed: Apple IR remote handling can now be disabled/enabled with Options / General / Advanced / Media key mode.
5. NEW: Command-H is now supported for hiding the application.
6. NEW: Better support for multiple monitors with differing resolutions.

19.0.88 (12/6/2013)

1. Changed: Support the separate play/pause button on the newer aluminum Apple remote.
2. NEW: Retina display support enabled with Views / Size / Retina Mode. Reverts to standard mode at program exit.
3. NEW: Support for WavPack and Musepack input plugins.

19.0.84 (12/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Memory leak in build 83.

19.0.83 (11/27/2013)

1. Fixed: The display would not update after extended playback when Spectrum Analyzer was enabled in the player window. This would make the UI appear to be frozen.
2. NEW: The Apple Remote (white plastic) is now supported (play/pause, ff/rew, next/previous, volume up/down).

19.0.76 (11/18/2013)

1. NEW: Visualizations in the player bar at the top of the program are now shown during playback.
2. Changed: Copy and paste cover art was working for image data only.  Now artwork files/URLs can be copied from Finder or web browsers.

19.0.75 (11/14/2013)

1. Changed: This build includes debug symbols which will show up in crash dumps to ease debugging.  Regular builds have these stripped out.

19.0.74 (11/12/2013)

1. Fixed: A bug in the menu tracking system could cause crashes.

19.0.73 (11/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Frequent crashes due to a threading bug introduced in build 71 with the way JRTools objects were created.

19.0.72 (11/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Network was broken in the previous build. A crash would occur when thumbnails were sent to a remote device.

19.0.71 (11/6/2013)

1. Fixed: Alphabetic sorting of lists could be incorrect in some situations with some locales.
2. Fixed: At application startup, JRTools objects were not getting created in the correct order - possible cause of crashes.

19.0.68 (11/1/2013)

1. Changed: Auto update now launches the downloaded DMG updater.
2. Changed: Improved support for integer mode on devices that use multiple output streams.
3. Fixed: Back slash in filename caused file to not import.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Richheart

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.124 for Mac -- Available Here
« Réponse #1 le: Avril 10, 2014, 04:05:38 am »

First time this installed automatically on my mac-mini late 2012 latest OSX, it wouldn't open and repeatedly crashed.
I checked the Forum, found no other instances of this (meaning likely to be a glitch, thanks for the forum), so I downloaded manually, installed over the install and
Presto, all is good.
Thanks for the forum, thought I'd let you know, in case I'm not the only one.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Réponse #2 le: Avril 27, 2014, 08:19:35 am »

Actually the 19.0.124 version patch not only solved "Some WMA lossless files would play at wrong speed and/or with static" but for my configuration (MACmini, JRiver running with Acourate filters and Devialet Air) the general problem of faulty speed selection with Apple Lossless files (m4a).

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Réponse #3 le: Avril 29, 2014, 02:28:36 pm »

OK. Slight correction. Here and then I still have the problem of faulty speed, but it decisively is better than with the versions before.

JohnT

« Réponse #4 le: Avril 29, 2014, 02:29:56 pm »

OK. Slight correction. Here and then I still have the problem of faulty speed, but it decisively is better than with the versions before.
Is it a repeatable problem with a particular WMA file?  If so, maybe you could send me the file via Dropbox or something.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Réponse #5 le: Avril 29, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »

ups... that was a quick reply. :)
Well, I have to check. But I don't think that it is caused by a single or special file. It is mainly caused when I listen to a 96/24 file and after that change to 44.1/16 standard format. JRiver doesn't like the switching. This is the case. If I stay in one format, everything is fine. But switching causes the problem. Here and then. As I said, it is much better than with the versions before.
Important note maybe: I am using the DevialetAir tool (automatic switching disabled) and I activated the automatic filter switching for the convolution files.
Tried to reproduce it. Experience: It is mainly the downsampling that causes the stress. Meaning, going down from HiRes files to CD format. the other way is without problems. Moreover it seems that it mainly is caused, if I do a kind of music zapping. If i do not switch the tracks but first press stop, wait for a while and choose another track of another sampling rate, in this case it seems to work without problems.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Réponse #6 le: Avril 29, 2014, 04:36:50 pm »

MC Windows will import an iTunes XML playlist - it appears to be removing the file://localhost/ portion from the Music Folder and per-entry Location keys:

<key>Music Folder</key><string>file://localhost/C:/Users/MrC/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Media/</string>
              <key>Location</key><string>file://localhost/C:/Users/MrC/Desktop/Alphaville/Forever%20Young/01%20A%20Victory%20of%20Love.mp3</string>

MC Mac fails to do this, even though the XML file is the same format, probably because some test is looking for a drive letter in the path:

<key>Music Folder</key><string>file://localhost/Users/MrC/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Media/</string>
              <key>Location</key><string>file://localhost/Users/MrC/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Media/Music/Madeleine%20Peyroux/The%20Blue%20Room/02%20Bye%20Bye%20Love.m4a</string>

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Réponse #7 le: Avril 30, 2014, 01:54:02 am »

Another tiny bug that hurts in my MAC soul: In the German translation it still says "(mit Windows Explorer)" for the "locate on disc" function.

JohnT

« Réponse #8 le: Mai 01, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »

Another tiny bug that hurts in my MAC soul: In the German translation it still says "(mit Windows Explorer)" for the "locate on disc" function.
Hopefully the next build restores your MAC soul  :D