INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weirdness with USB 3.0 (solved, apparently)  (Read 1981 times)

apspr

• Recent member
Weirdness with USB 3.0 (solved, apparently)
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:11:27 am »

I just bought a fancy new computer w/Windows 8.1.  This machine has all USB 3.0 ports, no USB 2.0.  Media Center 19 won't reliably play audio files through ASIO, Wasapi, or any other method.  It is working now through WASAPI, but still cuts out unpredictably.  I have gotten various error messages with ASIO, such as "X does not support 44.1 KHZ sample rate" which is of course nonsensical since that is the CD standard.

I suspect it is a USB 3.0 issue because the whole thing seems to work fine (ASIO, WASAPI, etc) when the expensive audiophile cable carrying the audio signal into the system is attached to the computer through an ordinary USB 2.0 hub.  But then the sound seems less good than I'm used to, probably because the hub is not anything designed for audio.  

I am using a Musical Fidelity V-Link to convert from USB to AES-BEU to get the signal to the stereo, but that seems to be working fine and I have the current drivers for it.

Anyone else having difficulty with JRiver and 3.0?   (I have searched the forum, but the other posts concerning 3.0 are about other issues besides playback.)

Thanks-

Tim N.

apspr

• Recent member
Re: Weirdness with USB 3.0 (maybe it's AV after all)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:55:58 am »

I pulled Webroot out of the system and it's working for the moment, so maybe it's the standard anti-virus.  I'm not crazy about having no virus protection right now, however....

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Weirdness with USB 3.0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 12:08:29 pm »

Windows 8 has anti-virus built in. ("Windows Defender")

apspr

• Recent member
Re: Weirdness with USB 3.0
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 04:23:27 pm »

Yeh, that was the other thing I realized, so I'll stick with Defender.  Things seem to be working now-

Thanks-
Pages: [1]   Go Up