INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lip Sync tuning hot-keys?  (Read 8578 times)

r_cohen

• Recent member
Lip Sync tuning hot-keys?
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:23:43 am »

It would be great if there were hot-keys to fine tune the audio delay.  Sometimes, individual movie files are off, but it's inconvenient to stop the movie to fine tune it, particularly when other people are waiting.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lip Sync tuning hot-keys?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 03:56:47 pm »

+1
I think this was recently discussed. Perhaps it was noted as something that could be fixed. I'll have to search for the thread to find what the official (if any) line was.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:13:19 pm »

A core command +/- 10ms A/V sync would be nice.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »

Yes, per-video controls would be nice.

I have things set up for perfect lip-sync right now, but there is the occasional video I encounter which is not properly synced.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

+1

I usually delete them or fix them with mkvmerge, but for the occasional video that you just want to watch Right Now, and discover it is off, this would be handy.

I think it should be a mode you activate via the OSD that then let's you adjust it with Left Right (and, yes, a MCC too).  If it can "do it live" even better, but it is fine if it stops/resumes when you use this.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

r_cohen

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 07:13:57 am »

+1

I usually delete them or fix them with mkvmerge, but for the occasional video that you just want to watch Right Now, and discover it is off, this would be handy.

I think it should be a mode you activate via the OSD that then let's you adjust it with Left Right (and, yes, a MCC too).  If it can "do it live" even better, but it is fine if it stops/resumes when you use this.
That approach is extremely inconvenient, of course, because it's slow and non-interactive.

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 08:31:53 am »

+1

It does not happen often, but when it does on a movie of TV Show you really want to see RIGHT now, it's most inconvenient to fix.
I think that this should be added as a keyboard shortcut, as well as a OSD option in display view.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 09:01:50 am »

That approach is extremely inconvenient, of course, because it's slow and non-interactive.

Not sure what you mean...

Their engine might not allow live correction without a substantial overhaul.

r_cohen

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 09:04:51 am »

Even if it had to stop and resume every time you hit a +/- key, that would be a big improvement.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 10:01:49 am »

Oh, I see.  A MCC allows there to be a hot key.  I wasn't suggesting no hot key support, I was saying it should be in the OSD too.

Hot keys are useful, but they're power user features.  For example, my wife would never remember an esoteric keyboard shortcut, but she does know how to get to the OSD and would "guess" to look under something named "sync" or whatever.

Not because she isn't smart (she is, very) but because if it isn't something you use often, you don't recall them.  This is exactly that kind of thing. You don't need it often, but when you do, you don't want to have to pull up a help page to find it.  The same thing would probably happen to me, frankly.

r_cohen

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 10:26:47 am »

Yeah, OSD would be a nice extra, but anything would be nice.

Also, remembering the offset independently with each movie would be a nice extra, but again, just a convenient way to fix it would be good enough.

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:13 am »

That would be a great feature.  I occasionally do encounter this during playback, it doesn't happen very often but when it does, I can't watch the video until I have fixed the problem.  I used to use FFDSHOW as a filter until Red October HQ was introduced a few versions back.  One of the reasons I had FFDSHOW installed was it had the ability to delay or advance the audio track in order to match up lip sync.  It was a bit clunky to get to the option, but you could fiddle with it to get it exactly right.  I find the video quality of Red October better, so I have never gone back.  The VLC player has this ability, you tap the J or K keys to delay or advance audio in increments of 50 ms.  Having this feature in MC would be great.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 11:29:12 am »

Next build:
NEW: Added MCC 28036 to set the audio / video lip sync correction (the parameter is an amount of shift to apply to the current settings).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

r_cohen

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 12:08:02 pm »

Next build:
NEW: Added MCC 28036 to set the audio / video lip sync correction (the parameter is an amount of shift to apply to the current settings).
Hooray!  Thank you!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 12:38:59 pm »

Note that this changes the global lip sync setting, and not on a per-file basis.
Per-file may come later, but it needs quite a bit more changes to even be able to save such values.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

r_cohen

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 01:01:12 pm »

Note that this changes the global lip sync setting, and not on a per-file basis.
Per-file may come later, but it needs quite a bit more changes to even be able to save such values.
Sounds good.  Not a big problem, since it will be convenient to adjust back.

r_cohen

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 09:24:10 pm »

Next build:
Is this in v20?  How do I use it?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 09:46:36 pm »

Please see the Developer page.  Link at the bottom.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 04:54:29 pm »

Is there any hotkeys built in for this now a days - or is it still a case of going through the MCC codes?
Trying to watch a movie with Bluetooth sound it's handy to be able to delay the picture! :)
Thanks,
Chris.
Pages: [1]   Go Up