INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with gizmo views, press and hold at any level, and play in order?  (Read 1421 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

i need help with setting up my gizmo views, when i go to Ratings for example in gizmo, then chose genres, and if i press and hold on (Genre Relaxing) gizmo loads all the files in shuffled mode. if i go further then genres to artists, then i press on letter C then i press and hold down on Cat Stevens, gizmo take all the albums, and tracks and plays them shuffled.

how can i set up all my views so that when i press and hold at any level, Gizmo will play those remaining files in order by album track number?

Thanks in advance

connersw

Increase your Sort by depth.  ie, put Artist and Album on top of Track # for example.

I have a preset saved of Album Artist (Auto) -> Album -> Descriptions -> Disc # -> Track #

HTPC4ME

hmm that didnt change a thing. server need to be restarted? i know in the past EVERY gizmo change needed a JRiver force kill.

HTPC4ME

just to clarify. in my screenshot show categories in this order does work. if i click on (Genres relaxing) it shows all artists A-Z, then if i click all artists it shows all artists in order, then it will show all of that artists albums by year, and in there all tracks are in order.

its just when i press and hold to play that they get all shuffled in the playing now of that zone im controlling.

HTPC4ME

yup Jrivers still needs a reboot on every change
Thanks so much connersw. it worked.

HTPC4ME

2 more questions if i may,

i have it set now when i press and hold on an artist it will play all their albums, is there a command i can insert so that it plays those albums by year (newest to oldest)? instead of alphabetically.

i have a recently imported view, what would i insert in sort by, to keep the recently imported views but by album (Albums by recently imported)? when i insert your rules artist, album, track # it removes the recently imported ability.

Thanks

connersw

i have it set now when i press and hold on an artist it will play all their albums, is there a command i can insert so that it plays those albums by year (newest to oldest)? instead of alphabetically.

In your Sort by list, Add... -> Z-A -> Date above Album.

i have a recently imported view, what would i insert in sort by, to keep the recently imported views but by album (Albums by recently imported)? when i insert your rules artist, album, track # it removes the recently imported ability.

For this one Add... -> Z-A -> Date Imported above Album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up