INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIZMO IMAGE DISPLAY  (Read 2453 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
GIZMO IMAGE DISPLAY
« on: June 16, 2014, 07:58:03 pm »

It does not seem that there is much help around for Gizmo for Android but any help on this subject is certainly appreciated.

I have been at this  two weeks of almost daily fiddling to get this to work.

I finally have it working but still have a small issue.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to not have images moving in a slideshow.

I would like to be able to find an image rather than wait for it to appear.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: GIZMO IMAGE DISPLAY
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 01:39:11 am »

2½ years ago, I posted this:

Slowly but surely, Gizmo's image handling is getting better, but is still lacking some features that I would consider pretty crucial...

Pressing "Play" on an album, for example, does not actually start a slideshow. In fact, I have been unable to get a slide show to run at all.

Touching the screen advances to the next file, this is OK, but why not gestures? Swipe left to advance to the next image, swipe right to go back one. I want this so bad it hurts!! ;)

I absolutely love the 'film strip' along the top, but seriously, when tapping the screen to advance to the next file (film strip is hidden) 40 photos in, some one says, "whoa, go back, let's see that last one again"... We can't swipe right, so, let's go up for the film strip... only, it has not kept up with the current image... cue much dragging, watching the little thumbs intently to find the spot we're looking for... all just so we can go back and see the previous image...  You see? The film strip needs to keep up with the currently displayed image.

Pinch to zoom? I tried it and of course, as soon as I touched the screen, it moved to the next image :( Any plans to add that?

-marko

Not much has changed, if anything. I don't get a slideshow at all. I get a little notification that says "Starting..." and then it just sits there at the first image.

If you touch the screen near the top, it should bring up the thumbnail slider, which can be dragged left and right to find an image, touch it to view it. On my phone though, those are so small they're not really a lot of use to me.

I cannot remember what the default view offerings are, but you can customise them if you go to "Tools > options > Media Network > Advanced > Customise views for Gizmo and Web Gizmo"

I made a couple of posts about my image library recently, read them here if you like. A nested Keywords field really comes into its own with Gizmo and Theater View.

-marko

maid

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 01:44:06 am »

thanks Marco but the link doesnt work.

I have been trying to modify the views like I have done for my theater view but no matter what nothing seems to change.

Should I have Library sync on?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:59:40 am »

Link is fixed.

I think there might be caching getting in the way sometimes as view changes in Gizmo on the server often take a bit to show up on the connecting device. After making the changes to the views, try closing MC (including the server), switch off the device. Start MC, then restart device and load Gizmo. That usually does the trick for me. Library sync should not be necesary to just get the views and use them in Gizmo.

connersw

Re:
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 12:42:45 pm »

Agreed. I would like to see Images redone on Gizmo. My wish list in order:

1. Swipe left to go back, swipe right to advance.
2. Pinch to zoom.
3. Keep the Film Strip for quick navigation, but it needs to keep up as the Images advance.  If it can't then maybe a slider for fast scrolling,
4. Chromecast support.

Visiting grandparents this summer, having a nice Image tool is key.  Being able to show them on the phone or better yet on the big screen is a big deal.

chrisxyz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 12:11:51 pm »

+1

seriousstas

Re:
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 11:12:01 am »

Agreed. I would like to see Images redone on Gizmo. My wish list in order:

1. Swipe left to go back, swipe right to advance.
2. Pinch to zoom.
3. Keep the Film Strip for quick navigation, but it needs to keep up as the Images advance.  If it can't then maybe a slider for fast scrolling,
4. Chromecast support.

Visiting grandparents this summer, having a nice Image tool is key.  Being able to show them on the phone or better yet on the big screen is a big deal.
+1
& 5.Turn off the PC
Pages: [1]   Go Up