INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to JRiver - Playback Issues  (Read 5266 times)

colonel66

New to JRiver - Playback Issues
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:40:56 pm »

For digital playback i have successfully used a nearly headless mac mini>iTunes>remote app>Devialet (dac/amp). The mac mini is installed in another room in the house and is connected via ethernet. I have an Apple Time Capsule (for backup/wifi router) in my music room connected via ethernet and stream over wireless to a pair of Devialets.

The above has worked well and i have been happy.

But to have greater digital file playback capability i have purchased and installed JRiver on the mac mini.

A few caveats:
- my computer technical skills are at a stretch the wrong side of limited - please bear with me
- i have run a search but could not find similar issues - although what i describe as a second issue is similar to Martyn issues with switching between file revolution formats.

My issues are:
- although JRemote iPad app has the "wake the mac mini" feature it doesn't. So to listen to music if first have to go back downstairs and across the house to the mac mini and open JRiver on the mac mini. This never happens with Apple Remote/iTunes. I can just open Remote and select the album i want to play. The mac mini does go into sleep mode (i used to leave it running permanently but after the hard drive crashed - thank God for Time Capsule)- i have activated sleep function. Is there a setting i need to activate to get JRemote to wake up the mac mini?

- the bigger issue on JRiver is that after having done the above once the album has played through and i want to select another album then i have the equivalent of "picture no sound".  JRiver is playing the selected tune there is no sound coming through my speakers. On the amp display AIR icon is grey - indicating no connection (black shows a connection). Again using the Apple ecosystem this does not happen.

Any suggestions from those using JRiver in an Apple environment?

I have posted this query in a Devialet users forum and the feedback was that i need to switch to a Windows environment - either purchase a NUC or run Windows on the mac mini - i am not thrilled with either solution and i am hoping there is a way to resolve the issues and without hardware or software changes.

Thanks in advance

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New to JRiver - Playback Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:02:41 am »

Thanks for the report.  We'll do some Airplay testing later today and report what we see.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

colonel66

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:30:02 pm »

Thanks for the report.  We'll do some Airplay testing later today and report what we see.

Thanks and much appreciated

just to clarify it is the Devialet AIR (http://en.devialet.com/new-firmware-7.1/) and not Apple Airplay

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:52:39 pm »

We're working on the wake from sleep problem now.  As far as the Devialet problem, I'd suggest disabling "open device with exclusive access" from [Options > Audio > Device Settings].  That seemed to work for this user.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

colonel66

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 01:24:27 am »

We're working on the wake from sleep problem now.  As far as the Devialet problem, I'd suggest disabling "open device with exclusive access" from [Options > Audio > Device Settings].  That seemed to work for this user.

Tried this last night and it does appear to have solved the problem- was able to select different albums via JRemote and no lost connection - excellent and thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up