INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID3 Tags and library fields  (Read 1282 times)

PeterN

ID3 Tags and library fields
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:26:13 am »

I am using MC since a couple of years, now MC 19 with Gizmo and JRemote, in principle it's fine but I find it annoying that the infos on the tablet are very restricted. For classical music one can usually read the infos from the front cover displayed on the screen, i.e. Orchestra, conductor, soloist... But for Jazz this info is usually only found on the backcover bass, drums, etc. I tried to tag the ID3Tag INVOLVEDPEOPLE IPLS (v2.3) or TIPL (v2.4). This is not shown in the library field People - is there a link from INVOLVEDPEOPLE to a library field of MC? And the second question is, could this be displayed on the tablet?? It is realy annoying to be forced to take the cd to get the information. Do anyone have a hint for having additional infos on the tablet?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ID3 Tags and library fields
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:33:50 am »

A future build will map "Involved People" to the IPLS field.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

PeterN

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:48:54 am »

Thank you - this means being patient, will it be possible in a future build to display the featuring people on th playing now screen in gizmo or JRemote?
Kind Regards

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:50:38 am »

Thank you - this means being patient, will it be possible in a future build to display the featuring people on th playing now screen in gizmo or JRemote?
Kind Regards

Well, the information will be there.  I'm not sure if those views are customizable.  Enter [Involved People] if they are.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up