INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.149 -- Available here  (Read 10376 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 19.0.149 -- Available here
« on: July 02, 2014, 04:19:19 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190149.exe

19.0.149 (7/2/2014)

1. Fixed: After deleting files from a Smartlist, the list would not always update properly.
2. NEW: Added a "Save settings as defaults" button on television recording wizard, to save certain settings, including auto tagging, to be applied in subsequent recordings when they are scheduled.
3. Fixed: The previous build (148) was not showing files on handheld devices.
4. Fixed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set changes didn't take effect until a dialog was shown (now changes take effect right away).
5. Changed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set takes a zone parameter.
6. Fixed: The minimize button in the player could draw stretched in Mini View mode.
7. Fixed: Send To > Gallery > Flickr was not working.

19.0.148 (6/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized radio buttons.
2. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized search clear buttons.
3. Fixed: Some files in TS (transport stream) format would not play on LS clients.
4. Changed: The text drawing engine will allow a newline after an underscore character _, so that text that uses underscores will flow more naturally in a list.
5. Changed: Added an example to MCWS/v1/DSP/Set to show users how to use it.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
7. Changed: For Mac/Linux compatibility, the handheld plugin now uses a custom interface rather than using MC's automation interface.
8. Fixed: The visualization plugin could crash in recent builds.
9. Fixed: Changing television zooming to preset sizes ("Fit Window", "100%", "200%") using context menu options did not re-center the video.

19.0.147 (6/27/2014)

1. Changed: Skinning supports over-sized checkbox controls.
2. Fixed: The size of the thumbnail size slider would be one pixel different between the top and bottom lists.
3. NEW: Rewrote the Theater View > Shoutcast implementation using an official API key.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
5. Changed: AVerMedia HD Capture video capture device will use Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer, instead of Windows default renderer.
6. Changed: Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer will be used with Video capture devices with hardware compression in non-timeshifting mode (it has already been done previously for timeshifting mode).
7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/DSP/Set function for turning a DSP on or off.

19.0.146 (6/25/2014)

1. Changed: Improved WPL exporting.
2. Changed: When all tracks from an album have multiple artists but all the tracks have the same list the first artist will be used for Album Artist (auto) instead of (Multiple Artists).
3. Fixed: Television recording option text "Keep recording after the program ends (use negative value to stop early) by:" was too long to fit in window if larger font was used.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

19.0.145 (6/23/2014)

1. Changed: Season is enabled for audio.
2. Changed: Added support for MPGV files.
3. Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.
4. Changed: On edit television channel list window, added a "Save Channel Order" button.  Channel ordering will not automatically be saved if a user only clicks the channel header.  If the user uses Move Up/Down to change ordering, a confirmation dialog will be displayed upon leaving such mode.
5. Changed: When removing the playing file from Playing Now the next file will start playing.
6. Changed: The field "Involved People" maps to the ID3v2 tag IPLS.
7. Fixed: Seeking in Gizmo was not working in 19.0.144.

19.0.144 (6/20/2014)

1. Changed: Sample rate conversion can specify different values for 352,800 and 384,000 input sample rates.
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle returns created keys as a Keys parameter.
3. Fixed: DVD Title Playback offers all audio streams, instead of only one.
4. Faster: Converting audio to 64-bit for internal processing is up to 50% faster.
5. Fixed: Parsing of some JSON formatted web results was incorrect, especially arrays of data.  Could affect results from Youtube, Facebook, TheMovieDB, Rotten Tomatoes and others.
6. Changed: Reworded "Start recording early by:" to remind users that they can use negative values to delay starting of recording a television show.
7. Changed: Merged DVBC frequency tables Switzerland.cablecom.xml and Switzerland.UPC Cablecom.xml
8. Changed: DLNA sends alive messages when it resumes from standby.

19.0.143 (6/18/2014)

1. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle to create particles from a file.
2. NEW: Gizmo honors playback range when playing a video.
3. Fixed: Graph-building problem with Hauppauge Colossus.
4. Fixed: In certain cases while ripping multiple discs, a newly inserted audio CD would not be seen by Media Center.

19.0.142 (6/16/2014)

1. Optimized: MC uses significantly less CPU power when using CableCARD tuners (HDHomerun Prime, Ceton InfiniTV etc.).
2. Fixed: Skinning didn't support an oversized SplitViewTab::Close button.
3. Changed: Updated Switzerland cablecom DVBC frequency table, thanks rudolffischer!
4. Fixed: Blu-ray discs with extremely long clips could not be imported in all cases.
5. Fixed: Theater view list lineup thumbnails no longer have pixelated edges.

19.0.141 (6/13/2014)

1. NEW: Media Center can be run with a -NoImport command line switch to disable importing.
2. Fixed: When Chromium was the web engine, double-click and right-click on Track Info pages didn't work.
3. NEW: Added MCC 28036 to set the audio / vidoe lip sync correction (the parameter is an amount of shift to apply to the current settings).
4. Fixed: Ripping or playing mixed mode (data/audio) CD's was broken.

19.0.140 (6/13/2014)

1. NEW: Gizmo honors playback ranges.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails for files with a playback range would cap and show the same thumbnail for all videos.
3. Fixed: In-place editing would stop tab navigation at a drop-list edit field.
4. Changed: MC estimates the size of television recordings in jtv format better, especially when multiple recordings are in the same folder.
5. Fixed: When sample rate is changed, full screen playback is maintained (previously it would exit full screen).
6. Fixed: Theaterview Youtube now works when logged in.
7. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.62 (performance improvements and bug fixes).
8. Fixed: Switching between two audio streams with different sample rates could cause playback to become silent.
9. Fixed: jtv recording might not be playable if recording was started some time after the program had been watched live in time-shifting mode.
10. Fixed: Creating time-based particles on top of a DVD Title particle preserves the DVD Title mapping.

19.0.139 (6/9/2014)

1. Fixed: Slideshow duration could be off by a bit.
2. Changed: Crop Edges is off by default for television.
3. NEW: Audio convolution loads 352 and 384 sample rate configurations files.
4. Fixed: Over-the-air EPG scanning for ATSC tuners could hang on occasions.
5. Changed: Changed some ATSC OTA EPG scanning internals.  Now scanning can pick up more programs than before.
6. Changed: Reverted a change from 19.0.136 that caused Theater View artwork to fail on old Intel GPUs.
7. NEW: You can 'Display an alphabet' in File List views.
8. Changed: Import ignores zero byte files.

19.0.138 (6/5/2014)

1. Fixed: Video capture or STB television recordings using Hauppauge HDPVR/Colossus/HDPVR2 would always have FPS value of 25.
2. Fixed: Theater View television guide grid didn't show programs at present time or in the near future if many channels do not have associated guide data.
3. NEW: Added media sub types Sports, Workout, and Concert (Concert will also use center focused mixing).
4. Fixed: Jump on play set to Theater View Playing Now would stall if Mini view was in use.
5. Fixed: The thumbnails in the Theater View List Lineup View did not properly display category images (like Series and Season for TV Shows).
6. Fixed: The duration of VobSubs in MKV files was not properly honored.
7. Fixed: When bitstreaming, the gapped fade between tracks mode will get treated like gapless (because it's not possible to do a gapped fade when bitstreaming).
8. Changed: Sidecar subtitles will have a higher priority if the name of the sidecar exactly matches the name of the file.
9. Fixed: Emailing an image as the original size would result in a 1x1 px image.

19.0.137 (6/2/2014)

1. Fixed: Syncing the library could result in a playlist smartlist being reversed.
2. Fixed: Attaching a Twitter account now works again as well as updating twitter status.
3. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
4. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
5. Fixed: Time-shifting did not work in build 19.0.136 for Hauppauge HD PVR family devices if the audio format is different from what was assumed initially.
6. Fixed: mp4/m4a files containing malformed copyright atom (that does not conform to ISO standard) could not be imported.
7. Changed: Removed obsolete Last.fm play radio station.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: In-place editing the month would not accept January.
10. Fixed: MC would prevent system from going to sleep after failed (due to tuner failure for example) attempt at recording a television show.
11. Fixed: MC could crash when using MCWS to request the files in a tree that no longer exists (because the files were removed or tags changed recently).

19.0.136 (5/22/2014)

1. Fixed: When DSD files were transcoded to PCM over DLNA with sample rate set to "same as source", they were ending up with an unplayable sample rate of 2822400.  Now the sample rate is capped at 176400 on these transcodes.
2. Changed: Relaxed some error handling so that some malformed m4a/ALAC files can still be played in MC.
3. Faster: Uploading Cover Art and background images to the graphics card in Theater View is more efficient on Intel GPUs.
4. NEW: Added a time display to the main roller in the default Theater View skins in all views.
5. Changed: Internal change in television playback.  Please report anything odd, especially with set-top-box devices.
6. Changed: Eliminated unnecessary graph-building and tearing down when recording or running time-shifting on analog television tuner/capture devices.
7. Fixed: Slideshows for Image Playback were broken in 19.0.135 and skipping images.
8. Changed: The average frame rate calculation for Theater View rendering is more accurate.
9. Fixed: Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Game Edition Plus did not work in MC.
10. Fixed: Time-shifting and recording in jtv format did not work for Hauppauge HDPVR/Colossus/HDPVR2 video capture devices (if the device audio format was AAC).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Re: Media Center 19.0.149 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:50:43 pm »

Updating to 149 seems to have reset my custom views for "Playing Now".
I was able to restore this via a library backup, but I wonder if it's happened to anyone else?

cabu8803

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:53:57 pm »

Updating to 149 seems to have reset my custom views for "Playing Now".
I was able to restore this via a library backup, but I wonder if it's happened to anyone else?

Not my case. All good after the update

Eric05

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:11:10 am »

French translation is here again ! Thank you very much !

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:25:03 am »

Hi, I'm wondering if this is an installation issue or if it's my PC when using JRiver. I have the Xonar Essence STX and I install the 1.72 64 bit unified drivers after a reformat of my PC (Without installing the Drivers from the ASUS website). I installed the correct installation during setup. My problem is: When I use JRiver Media Center and have it set to WASAPI Exclusive mode in Windows 8.1 update 1 the Audio volume sometimes goes down to "0" and then no sound is heard. Also I can no longer have access to the Metro "Start Screen" and the volume control bar will not disappear from the upper left area of my screen. I have to restart my computer by pushing ALT+ F4. So Audio stops working and "Start" button stops working until I reboot my PC. Also is this a JRiver issue or a driver issue? This mostly happens when I update JRiver through the JRiver UI.
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 06:29:30 am »

Hi, I'm wondering if this is an installation issue or if it's my PC when using JRiver. I have the Xonar Essence STX and I install the 1.72 64 bit unified drivers after a reformat of my PC (Without installing the Drivers from the ASUS website). I installed the correct installation during setup. My problem is: When I use JRiver Media Center and have it set to WASAPI Exclusive mode in Windows 8.1 update 1 the Audio volume sometimes goes down to "0" and then no sound is heard. Also I can no longer have access to the Metro "Start Screen" and the volume control bar will not disappear from the upper left area of my screen. I have to restart my computer by pushing ALT+ F4. So Audio stops working and "Start" button stops working until I reboot my PC. Also is this a JRiver issue or a driver issue? This mostly happens when I update JRiver through the JRiver UI.

This sounds like a driver issue.  You could try different volume modes as a test.  Pick "Internal Volume" from Player > Volume.

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 06:38:17 am »

This sounds like a driver issue.  You could try different volume modes as a test.  Pick "Internal Volume" from Player > Volume.
I've tried different volume modes with the same issue happening. I will post the same question over at Maxedtech.com (the ones who make the Xonar Unified Drivers). Thanks Matt :-)

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 05:25:51 pm »

I've tried different volume modes with the same issue happening. I will post the same question over at Maxedtech.com (the ones who make the Xonar Unified Drivers). Thanks Matt :-)

It's been awhile since I've been to the Xonar Unified site, but last I checked, that was a known issue of the latest iteration.  I had to revert to UNi Xonar 1818 v1.70 r2.exe.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 08:36:31 am »

When using "Cover Art: Get From Internet"
(which I use so that will MC assign the cover art to the files as well as upload it to your servers as part of my tag & import process so it is available to myself & others in the future)

MC is often bypassing my 'folder.jpg' (in the same folder as the audio files) and attempting to assign another file such as cover.jpg, front.jpg, etc instead. I can tell by the image size, quality or content that it is not using the proper image file as I save all my folder.jpg files to approx. 1000 x 1000 pixels.

This is causing a good deal of extra work to sort as I must manually locate the folder.jpg file and paste it to the audio files.

Please look into this as it is bothersome.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 08:39:43 am »

When using "Cover Art: Get From Internet"
(which I use so that will MC assign the cover art to the files as well as upload it to your servers as part of my tag & import process so it is available to myself & others in the future)

MC is often bypassing my 'folder.jpg' (in the same folder as the audio files) and attempting to assign another file such as cover.jpg, front.jpg, etc instead. I can tell by the image size, quality or content that it is not using the proper image file as I save all my folder.jpg files to approx. 1000 x 1000 pixels.

This is causing a good deal of extra work to sort as I must manually locate the folder.jpg file and paste it to the audio files.

Please look into this as it is bothersome.

You want to use Cover Art } Quick Find In Cover Art Folder

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 09:07:25 am »

OK, thanks.  I will try that next time . . . . but perhaps worth mentioning that since MC12 until well into the MC19 builds the other method always worked
. . . the game is rigged

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 02:45:59 pm »

Here is something i think that should not be....Bug....Setting wrong?

I have set up two Librarys now.

1. Main Library (All files tagged and sorted)  :)
2. For testing files i have generated Second Library (No special Views or settings, no special tagging done right now)

If i switch now from Main to second library, it's OK. As i described, no special views and settings.
BUT if switch back to Main library, the view and tag info's remain from the second library, which looks awful.
The only way to get the 'old' look from Main Library back is to restart MC 19.

Did i just find a bug, or have i missed a special setting?

Look at the pictures i have added:

Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

SGroth

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 04:26:22 pm »

Since Version 19.0.145 I'm getting the following error when trying to play a song out of an SACD ISO image:

Playback could not be started using the format: 0Hz 64bit 2ch

This worked (and still work) until version 19.0.143 for Windows and with version 19.0.144 for Mac.
I'm using a Resonessence Herus with the up to date USB driver.

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 05:15:16 pm »

Since Version 19.0.145 I'm getting the following error when trying to play a song out of an SACD ISO image:

Playback could not be started using the format: 0Hz 64bit 2ch

This worked (and still work) until version 19.0.143 for Windows and with version 19.0.144 for Mac.
I'm using a Resonessence Herus with the up to date USB driver.
Check your settings in Player → DSP Studio → Output Format → Sample Rate

There seems to have been a bug introduced where using "No Change" for 352,800Hz won't play on DACs which support 352.8kHz.

Manually setting the output to 352,800Hz should play correctly.

SGroth

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 05:27:17 pm »

That instantly solved the problem.

Thanks!

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »

Matt, This may have helped (can't tell) but did not cure . . . .

After using Quick Find In Cover Art Folder I then used Get From Internet at which point MC offered me a 500x500 image rather than the 1000x1000 'folder.jpg' which was in the folder with the audio files but did not appear in the offerings.

I'd hope MC would look in the audio file folder FIRST and give priority to 'folder.jpg' over other names.
. . . the game is rigged

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 07:46:16 pm »

Hi Matt, For anyone who is having the same issue.... I'm trying a workaround. Not sure if it is for the same issue I have but it's said (if you don't use S/PDIF) to disable the Digital Out (S/PDIF) device in Windows 8.1 sound settings. If I don't reply back then it worked. :-).... BTW, it's nice to see you back Matt

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 07:47:21 am »

When using Fill Properties from File Name MC can at times lose the "Fill Properties from File Name" dialog box behind the main interface which gives the appearance of MC being locked-up or frozen. 
After stumbling and clicking around the interface/desktop/taskbar the dialog box magically appeared on top and I was able to proceed.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 09:15:45 am »

When using Fill Properties from File Name MC can at times lose the "Fill Properties from File Name" dialog box behind the main interface which gives the appearance of MC being locked-up or frozen. 
After stumbling and clicking around the interface/desktop/taskbar the dialog box magically appeared on top and I was able to proceed.

I'm not able to reproduce this one.  The dialog is always on top.  Clues?

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:39 am »

I'm not able to reproduce this one.  The dialog is always on top.  Clues?

I haven't isolated it at this point, but have seen this in the past quite a number of times and it has happened a couple of times recently including the one time today. Next time I'll try to be more alert to conditions.

Thanks for checking . . . . and nice to have you back too!
. . . the game is rigged

Pierre67

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 06:26:35 pm »

I got this Party mode checked off with a password of some sort that I did not assign. I did the lampshade 2xclick while holding shift+ctrl. No working.

Any ideas? I did a search first.

Thanks,

Pierre
Lover of Music

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:52 am »

I got this Party mode checked off with a password of some sort that I did not assign. I did the lampshade 2xclick while holding shift+ctrl. No working.

Any ideas? I did a search first.

Thanks,

Pierre

Next build:
Fixed: Double-click on the lamp shade for party mode password circumvention wasn't working.  Note that Control and Shift must be held during the double-click.
Pages: [1]   Go Up