INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.17 -- Available here  (Read 20085 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.17 -- Available here
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:42:48 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200017.exe

20.0.17 (9/19/2014)

1. Changed: The web browser throws away "Downloading picture data" status messages instead of showing them.
2. NEW: Added Delete Folder to Explorer Theater View views.
3. Fixed: Deleting a file from Playing Now (physical delete) wouldn't start playback of the next file.
4. Changed: Failures are reported when doing Update Library (from tags).
5. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir Eremenko).
6. Changed: Revisited Duration/Bitrate and FPS calculations from 20.0.16.
7. NEW: Multiple EPG profiles can be executed during automatic background updates of EPG data.
8. Fixed: Secure CD rip mode was not getting enabled.
9. Changed: If user has specified a time to automatically refresh television programming guide, MC will refresh the guide on or after the specified time, or as soon as possible thereafter, without regard to whether the user has run EPG wizard recently.
10. Changed: Added television subscription recording option to search "All channels" for a given program, instead of just on specified channels.
11. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
12. Changed: Television EPG wizard pages are re-organized so that automatic daily reload option is presented before the actual loading of data, and one can choose to skip loading data (only to configure auto loading options).
13. Fixed: Double-clicking at the end of the line in a chart would crash.
14. Changed: The Tag Action Window 'Show Tags In Current View' works a little better (you might need to customize visible fields once for the change to take effect).

20.0.16 (9/15/2014)

1. NEW: Import/Analysis of video files uses the new JRiver Video Engine for consistency across platforms.
2. Changed: The codec names used for the "Compression" field in video files are more consistent.
3. Changed: Options > General > Popup transparency mode also disables transparency for menus and tooltips if selected.
4. Fixed: CD burning was failing with error "Can't start the write.".
5. Fixed: Volume protection would override the startup volume setting.  Now startup volume has precedence.

20.0.15 (9/12/2014)

1. NEW: Added ability to configure certain recording properties in Theater View, of previously scheduled television recordings/subscriptions.
2. Fixed: An obscure bug when customizing television subscription in Standard View.
3. Changed: When scrolling (to a channel) in Theater View Guide grid using keys on remote control or keyboard, the key presses are overlaid on screen briefly.
4. Fixed: DSP presets wouldn't load equalizer settings reliably.
5. Changed: Separated the mk3d and mkv file types so special handling can be given to the 3d type.
5. Fixed: Multiple television devices identification problem.  Sorry, users of STB channels and auxiliary input channels must delete the channels and rescan.
6. Changed: When encountering problems downloading TV data during STB channel scan, MC will silently repeat the procedure a few times before informing user with a popup window.
7. Changed: The number of threads used for SACD DST decompression can be configured in the DSD/SACD input plugin.
8. Fixed: The WebRemote page wouldn't look right when visiting through the device presentation URL.
9. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
10. Fixed: Tag Action Window "Show Tags in Current View" didn't work properly with category views.
11. NEW: Added a Load / Save menu to the search box.
12. Fixed: DLNA: In windows, the SSDP responder wouldn't recover from a sleep so we stop and restart it now.

20.0.14 (9/9/2014)

1. NEW: Added "Add (artist)" to the playback commands so a full artist can be added to Playing Now.
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/DSP/SetTempo takes a Relative parameter to set the tempo relative to the current tempo.
3. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Morand).
4. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
5. Changed: Improved the Verge news reading capability.
6. Fixed: MC could crash when set to 100% cover art scaling, and playing media without cover art.
7. Fixed: Playing optical discs was broken in 20.0.13 in some situations.
8. Fixed: Having a DSP set for a file would cause it to fail to convert.

20.0.13 (9/5/2014)

1. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones wasn't honoring the hidden variable correctly.
2. Fixed: MCWS/v1/DSP/SetTempo returned a failure code even though it was working.
3. Fixed: For some television/video capture devices pressing Stop button immediately after pressing Pause button (or double-clicking Play/Pause button to Stop) would result in a crash.
4. Fixed: Hidden zones weren't hidden from the Zones toolbar button or from Theater View.
5. Fixed: MC could crash when using ZoneSwitch rules and switching library.

20.0.12 (9/3/2014)

1. NEW: ATSC television channels can be specified directly using a remote control or NumPad on keyboard, using '*' key on either remote control or NumPad, or '.' (decimal) key on NumPad, as separator betweem major and minor channels (e.g. "5.1" or "5*1").
2. Changed: When deleting from Playing Now, the next file will play instead of the last if the current track is deleted.
3. NEW: Added television subscription recording option "Search all fields for name".  This allows a name/title in Description field be matched, in addition to Name and Series fields.
4. Fixed: Television recording cleanup mode was not set when subscribing to a show in Theater View.
5. Changed: Updated the Indonesian translation (thanks elda).
6. Fixed: Default tags were not applied when subscribing to a television show in Theater View.
7. Fixed: Seeking in audio files with resampling active could result in a wrong position or skipping to the next file.
8. Fixed: Scrolling to a television channel in Theater View Guide with number buttons on remote control or keyboard did not work if the Guide was in customized location.
9. Fixed: The small live TV window in Theater View Guide did not show up if the Guide was in customized location.
10. Changed: BPM analysis of Analyze Audio won't overwrite an existing BPM value.
11. Changed: MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones hides hidden zones (unless you specify hidden=1 on the URL).
12. Fixed: Enabling volume when bitstreaming didn't always work.
13. Fixed: Media Center could crash when accessing the Drives & Devices list.

20.0.11 (8/27/2014)

1. NEW: Added DSP/SetTempo to the MCWS web service.
2. Changed: Hidden zones won't be a stop when toggling zones.
3. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
4. Fixed: Loading equalizer settings from a DSP preset wouldn't work reliably.
5. Changed: The screensaver will be disabled whenever the display is detached (instead of only when it's in fullscreen mode).
6. Changed: The order of playlists shown in the Add to Playlist Theater View menu is more logical.
7. Fixed: The find artist command in Theater View would have problems with list fields.
8. Changed: Updated Portuguese language file (thanks Joćo Mariz).
9. Fixed: Handheld volume adjustment would stick at 1% instead of the entered value.
10. Changed: Cover art scaling is locked on when the display is in the small Action Window.
11. Changed: Track links are evaluated with Play Doctor playback.
12. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
13. NEW: Enter on any field in Theater View will show files that match that search (instead of toggling the expanded state).
14. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for transcoding.
15. NEW: Added M3U8 as a playlist format for a handheld.
16. NEW: In Theater View television Guide, pressing number keys on remote control or keyboard allows users to scroll to desired channels.

20.0.10 (8/20/2014)

1. Changed: Television program search in Theater view is faster for search strings entered on keyboard.
2. NEW: View your YouTube subscription feed in Theater View.
3. Changed: Track links are preserved through a shuffle.
4. Changed: 3d blu-rays are categorized differently (use Update Library (from tags)) so that it's possible to configure external playback on the type bdmv3d.
5. NEW: Added a volume command 'Enable volume when bitstreaming' to force the volume slider to stay active even if it's bitstreaming.
6. NEW: Added a feature 'iPod Support' to Options > General > Features to allow disabling iPod support.

20.0.9 (8/18/2014)

1. NEW: Added a 'Find Artist' menu selection in Theater View for files to show a full list of all files by the artist.
2. Changed: Playback/PlayByFilename accepts a location.
3. NEW: Added Play > Add (after current artist) to the play commands.
4. NEW: Added 'Upper case all words (preserve existing capitalization)' as a mode for Clean File Properties.
5. NEW: Added ListEqual(...) expression function to compare two lists (regardless of ordering).
6. Fixed: "Clear Program Guide" option in television Load Program Guide wizard did not clear guide data on (newly) hidden channels.
7. Fixed: Movie rip would overwrite already existing movie with the same name without asking first.

20.0.8 (8/15/2014)

1. NEW: Description is shown in the tooltip if it's not empty.
2. NEW: Added Play > Add (album) to add full albums to Playing Now.
3. Changed: When memory playback is enabled, the bitrate will display the average bitrate of the file instead of no bitrate.
4. NEW: Added the option to switch images on mouse wheel (control plus the mouse wheel will do the other one).
5. NEW: Added a startup volume option for each zone.
6. NEW: Added 'Shuffle Selection' to playlist and Playing Now right-click menus.
7. NEW: Added the ability to show and hide zones (right-click the zone in the tree).
8. Changed: Updated Portuguese translation file (thanks Joćo Mariz).

20.0.7 (8/13/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Portuguese language file (thanks Francisco Faķsca).
2. Fixed: Cross fade could not play in certain cases.
3. Fixed: The mouse cursor would change to sizing arrows when the cursor was over the close button.
4. Changed: Screen grab is enabled when using Red October HQ because madVR now supports screen grabs.
5. NEW: Added Play > Add (after current album) to play files after the current album ends.
6. Changed: When ', ", or l' is set as an article, a space won't have to be after it like other articles.
7. Changed: Right-click on the stop player button gives a menu with stop and stop after current file.
8. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
9. Changed: The Theater View add to playlist picker uses the full path of a playlist instead of just the name.
10. Fixed: MCWS Browse/Children could return double escaped names.
11. NEW: A "preferred tuner" can be assigned to each television channel.  MC will use the assigned tuner if it is available.
12. Changed: Reverted the real-time DSD ouput change from 19.0.152, which resulted in various playback problems.
13. Fixed: Audio playback could crash in some cases, or drop up to 5 seconds of audio on track switch.
14. Fixed: Output Format wasn't loading / saving with DSP Presets.
15. NEW: Added the expression IsDriveMissing to test a drive for existence.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Media Center 20.0.17 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:48:34 am »

Take an album of FLAC files, add cover art to them, use right-click - get cover art from internet to save the cover art to JRiver's internet cover art storage, then convert the flac files to mp3 files . . .

The new mp3 files do not have cover art associated with them (they used to under these conditions).
use right-click - get cover art from internet . . . MC shows no cover art associated or in my library and offers none from JRiver's cover art on the web.

Why is there none in my library when the same album in flac format has covers, and so should the JRiver internet cover art system from my having used it with the flac files.  This all worked in previous builds.

. . . the game is rigged

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 03:54:09 am »

3. Fixed: Deleting a file from Playing Now (physical delete) wouldn't start playback of the next file.
If there is only one file in Playing Now, this displays a "there is nothing to play" error if you delete the file when it is playing.

If there is more than one file in Playing Now, and you delete the last one while it is playing, it will play the previous file. (now last in the list)

3. Changed: Options > General > Popup transparency mode also disables transparency for menus and tooltips if selected.
This is still disabling transparency on the tooltip shadows when it shouldn't.

When popup transparency mode is set to "disable over movies" the OSD and Menus are actually still transparent.

I also don't think that these options should have been combined.
UI controls should never be transparent in my opinion. (i.e. the player bar in Display View)

However, I do like to have transparency on the tool-tips and the menus.
Ideally this would have a variable opacity rather than on/off, so that it can be adjusted based on the current skin.
The default ~67% opacity is too transparent with the skin I use. I'd prefer something around 85-90%.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 07:18:51 am »

1. Set View Scheme to Graph, when re-opening View Scheme settings and switching to 3D view, MC crashes.

2. Still seeing skin errors when MC is not full screen. I am using 1920x1080 and MC was not maximized.

3. Rendering thumbnails for some videos causing screen to flash (was posted about in the past possible related to Nvidia cards only).

DivBy0

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 09:40:03 am »

Gents, seems if though the [Media Type]=[Video] within the Manage Links is incorrectly displaying the Display Name and Search URL

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 10:57:24 am »

Resuming playback via JRemote still does not disable the screensaver/or display sleep mode if a video was paused.

The only way to get an image again is to directly access the PC via keyboard/mouse.

In addition to fixing this, I would like an option to prevent the screensaver from activating at all if a video is paused while fullscreen.

Vincent Kars

Changed: Failures are reported when doing Update Library (from tags).
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:57:29 am »

I had this failure today
I get exactly the same dialog as before: Processed X files (y failures)
Where do I find the list of files that failed me?

Walt Whitman

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 03:10:45 pm »

20.0.17 (9/19/2014)

8. Fixed: Secure CD rip mode was not getting enabled.

Has Secure CD rip mode really been re-enabled?

I am still getting rip speeds in 20.0.17 close to 30X, when in MC 19 for my set up they were in the 10X - 15X range, at best. And I have a lot waiting to be ripped, and more on the way.  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 03:27:03 pm »

Double check the setting.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 03:39:16 pm »

I'm trying to update MC19 with MC20 and it won't let me.  Is there a special place where I should start and enter my MC20 code.

Skylar ?

Walt Whitman

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 03:53:27 pm »

Double check the setting.

Absolutely.

Checked before posting.

Copy mode: Secure
Read speed: Max

on all three drives.

I always have logging on; is there anything I could look for in the log file, some parameter indicating secure ripping is enabled?

Thanks very much for your quick response. It is MUCH appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 04:20:26 pm »

I'm trying to update MC19 with MC20 and it won't let me.  Is there a special place where I should start and enter my MC20 code.

Skylar ?
Download and install MC20 first.  Then do a Restore.  The wiki has a topic called "Restoring a License".

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 04:28:01 pm »

The message I'm getting is "MediaCenter200017.exe couldn't be downloaded"

Skylar ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 04:56:22 pm »

The message I'm getting is "MediaCenter200017.exe couldn't be downloaded"
I just tried.  It works.  Please try another browser.  Start a new thread if you need more help.  Sometimes "security" software can cause problems like this.

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 08:18:12 am »

Dither: signal modulates noise/distorts.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 09:40:47 am »

Dither: signal modulates noise/distorts.
Please use this thread for discussion:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76912.msg633329#msg633329

I moved some of the above there.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 05:59:26 pm »

14. Changed: The Tag Action Window 'Show Tags In Current View' works a little better (you might need to customize visible fields once for the change to take effect).

Thanks.

But the "might need to customize visible fields once" requirement blows hard.  It seems like I need to manually customize each one as well.  Applying a Preset doesn't seem to trigger it, even when applying the preset changes the visible fields!

So, I have to manually remove and re-add a field to all of my views to get it to work right??

I have a lot of views.
I mean, a LOT.
I have probably 40 or so, just under my Audio part of the tree.

So...  Wanna come over to my house and spend the three hours doing clickity click busy work to make it work right?  ;) ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »

I split out the Linking related posts:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92059.0
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

gappie

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 03:58:26 am »

13. Fixed: Double-clicking at the end of the line in a chart would crash.
this works now. thank you ... i like the chart feature a lot. nice extra touch.

:)
gab

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 01:58:03 pm »

Just tried to burn a CD without success on this build. First attlempt burnt 1 track only then failed. Second attempt "unable to commence burn" message.

Burnt the same CD flawlessly in MC19.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 03:08:04 pm »

Finally got it downloaded by logging in first.  Then MC20 download worked.

Skylar

DanTheTechMan

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 06:14:37 pm »

Another bug relating to the burning of CDs.  Every time I try to burn a CD (albeit the track is longer than the maximum capacity of the CD itself), I get the following error message: "Error creating pre-gap".  Overburning worked just fine in MC19, how come it won't work in MC20?  Also, I should mention, it works fine on the drive that came with my HP PC, but the add on LG drive has the issue..............

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 09:42:30 am »

Media Center is leaving behind orphaned folders when using "Rename files from properties" to rename and move files.

I use a 2-tier folder structure per album (/[Artist]/[Album]) and MC is consistently leaving behind the orphaned [Artist] folder.
Operation was performed within MC's Explorer section and all files including folder.jpg were handled together in one operation so nothing remained behind.
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 10:10:18 am »

Please use a separate thread and link to it here if you think it's a bug.

The folders may have hidden files.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 10:18:58 am »

Please use a separate thread and link to it here if you think it's a bug.

The folders may have hidden files.

I have checked for hidden files or folders, these are empty. The orphaned folder is the parent containing only the child folder (for naming purposes), the child which held content was removed as expected.

This has been an intermittent issue with MC for several versions (MC20, MC19, MC18, and others if I recall).
I have posted regarding this a number of times over the years.

If you don't think it a bug, then don't fix it.
. . . the game is rigged

media78

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 02:30:55 pm »

I was on 20.0.10, & then upgraded to 20017.  Installs fine, on running it totally locks system,  I have uninstalled, complete uninstall, re-boot, re-install,  all ok,    but on run anny file say a mp4,  it says downloading components, then just hangs the computer.      Rather than play any video or song, it instantly wants to update ? without any option & locks computer.

I am on win xp, with sp3, ie8    I will update,  when then tried to run mj20 error core program error re-install, re-installing same,  I turned off webroot 7, re-installed,  now works ok, not very quick on stop.
     I turned on webroot 7, & tried to play music file, it hung computer again, so conflict with Webroot 7.

when webroot ran up,  it instant threat found,  i think  it was  s*profile

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 08:38:52 pm »

Connection to JRemote now is very slow to happen: so,entire fails. I then need to restart both. iOS 8 ipad 5 air.

Primare21

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2014, 07:16:30 am »

Hello, :)

when I chose:
Rip secured
speed *4

The rip speed increase more (*9 at the end off the ripping)

The same when I chose:
Rip normal
speed *4.

My question: when I chose rip secured, is it really secured?
Because, in fact, I can't chose the speed rip even if I try.
So, I don't really know. When I chose secured rip, it is really secured?

apologies for my french -english :)

Many thank's

dean70

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2014, 08:23:10 pm »

Gizmo bug: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91996.0

If you hide any zone in MC20, no play to zones appear in Gizmo at all. The menu that pops up when you tap the top left corner is completely empty. Un-hiding all hidden zones will show the full list of zones in Gizmo as expected.

dean70

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 04:46:17 am »

Mixed behavior with Zone Startup Volume & Volume protection enabled. The initial zone volume starts at the correct level set by Startup Volume, but if a new zone is selected for the first time with ZoneSwitch after the first 20 minutes or so, the new zone will revert to the 20% Volume Protection level, rather than that zone's startup volume.

Maybe Volume Protection could be more integrated with Startup Volume, so that it reverts to Startup Volume after 20 mins of inactivity, rather than the default 20% level?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 09:00:57 am »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EricTheBlue

• Recent member
Netflix login screen only partially renders in Theater View (v16 and v17)
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 06:45:50 pm »

The attached screen shot conveys the bug.  The login field is active and will allow text entry, but as soon as the cursor passes the login screen edge any typed text cannot be seen.  A workaround for this is to login to Netflix via Standard View where the login screen is not cropped.

Eric

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:02 am »

Tried to copy 21 files from one location on my NAS to another location on my NAS - MC20 crashed - didn't copy the files. Worked perfectly using MC19.

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:27 am »

MC20 (any build) crashes with any version of DFX installed. It DOES work with 20.0.10 however. Just 'upgraded' to 20. Bummer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up