INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help... my HDD is under siege via JRiver TV...  (Read 1114 times)

adlelare

• World Citizen
Help... my HDD is under siege via JRiver TV...
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:28:36 am »

gents, i have no idea what is going on but...yesterday as my 3tb HDD went in "red" (ie very little space left) i looked at my JRiver recorded TV directory.. and rather surprisingly found two files of supposed 1/2 hour TV recordings, 1 was 45gb in size and the other was 41 gb in size and they also showed "times" that i don't record these shows at (and somewhat surprisingly my ram memory 16gb is often now chugging at near 100% as is the HDD) then as i further investigated i found sub-directories all over this directory (to the tune of over 200gb in space)  most seemed to have been of recorded shows but others just seemed to have been of specific tv stations and times.. most are a few hundred megabits in size and all seem to have .cnk files in them.. so my questions are, cause seeing this is kinda surprising but... the one 41gb file i was able to delete the other one (Cat in the Hat) will not delete (using regular Windows) and so how do i delete it and is this some sort of "buffer" related to "time shifting" capability or ? and what of all those other directories, which as i often delete or convert recorded TV files (sometimes inside and sometimes outside of JRiver) should i conduct maintenance clean up... TIA

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help... my HDD is under siege via JRiver TV...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:46:14 am »

Check Tools > Options > Television > Time-shifting > Save on stop.

If it is set to Always Save, then MC will always save the recordings from Live TV.  I'm not sure what Save when worth saving means, but I'd guess it is just based on the length of each recording.

I'd like to see an option here (as the default), to save for X days instead (or maybe X GB in size).  But, alas, it is mostly an all-or-not (or ask each time) setting now.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up