INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remembering tabs between sessions  (Read 1816 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Remembering tabs between sessions
« on: October 08, 2014, 10:01:39 am »

I would really like an option to remember my open tabs between sessions. I find myself always repeating the same clicks each time I open MC. The first tab goes Playing Now, 2nd tab to some Panes View and depending, several other tabs with Import and other things.

MC currently doesn't remember or allows me to set multiple tabs to open on startup, I am wondering whether I could do this the hacky way, a script, command line parameters?

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Listener

• MC Beta Team
Re: Remembering tabs between sessions
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:03 am »

For several years, I've used 3 tabs for the current view, a device view for ripping CDs and the recently imported playlist.  With the setting startup location = Last Location, MC always starts with those tabs in place showing the view I expect.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:36:22 am »

You know every once in a while I should go over all the options just to see if there are new things introduced that I missed from reading the forums  8)

It almost works ... only Playing Now reverts to the default webpage, all the others are remembered. Maybe because I'm on Linux I'll check on the HTPC in a minute.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 10:56:18 am »

As listener says, "Options > Startup > location = last location" is the way to go.

Tip:
I regularly have between seven and nine tabs open. The 'New Tab' button stops at six. You can open more by using the middle mouse button. Click a view in the tree using that, and the view will open in a new tab. Excellent.

-marko

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 11:00:33 am »

It almost works ... only Playing Now reverts to the default webpage, all the others are remembered. Maybe because I'm on Linux I'll check on the HTPC in a minute.
This happens with networked devices rather than local devices, since they aren't there from the instant that MC starts up. It would be nice if networked devices could still be restored when they connect.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 11:03:01 am »

Thanks for the tip Marko.

It works fine on Windows, Playing Now opens as it should.

I'll post the issue with Playing Now on the Linux board.

Cheers guys!

This happens with networked devices rather than local devices, since they aren't there from the instant that MC starts up. It would be nice if networked devices could still be restored when they connect.

Thanks for the heads up. On Linux its a local playing now so its probably a little bug or simply something that hasn't been looked at yet.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 11:22:28 am »

I regularly have between seven and nine tabs open. The 'New Tab' button stops at six.

Next build:
Changed: The new tab button shows for 10 tabs instead of 6.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up