INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorded TV won’t play without dropped frames regardless of HQ settings. 750TI  (Read 3017 times)

osuchamp02

• Recent member

My computer is an I7 cpu 8gb ram with a 750 TI FTW gpu.  I am using MC 20 with the video settings on HQ.  Most of the content I watch is 720p 23 FPS and at the below Madvr scaling settings it works well with only 70% gpu load. 
•   For 720p 23 FPS my Chroma scaling is on NINDI3 @ 64 neurons, Image doubling all disabled, Image upscaling Jinc 4 taps with anti-ringing enabled and linear light disabled. 
•   On a 39GB MKV Blu-ray at 1080p 24 FPS my Chroma scaling is on NINDI3 @ 32 neurons, Image doubling all disabled, Image upscaling Jinc 4 taps with anti-ringing enabled and linear light disabled.
•   I can watch live tv 1280x 720 60 FPS at Chroma Lancros 8 taps with anti-ringing image doubling disabled image upscaling Jinc 4 taps anti ringing enabled and linear light disabled. 
•   1229 x 693 60 FPS Recorded TV won’t play without dropped frames regardless of HQ settings.  I put Chroma Nearest Neighbor, image upscaling Nearest Neighbor, with a gpu load of only 20% but I’m still dropping tons of frames.  If I use standard video settings not HQ the playback looks smooth.

Why is recorded TV res different then live TV?  Also if I plug the antenna directly into the TV it reads 1080i so why is MC only giving me 720 on live? Does anyone have a clue why I’m Dropping frames on recorded TV?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I suggest (for testing) to reset MadVR to its default settings (there is a "restore default settings.bat" file in the MadVR folder). Retest and post back.

osuchamp02

• Recent member

Madvr has been reset to defaults. I have not seen improvements in watching recorded tv.  I tested the same broadcast for both live and recorded using two different shows at two different resolutions.   

•   MKV Ripped from bluray 1080 6% 24fps NO Dropped frames
•   MKV Ripped from bluray 720 29fps 10% load NO Dropped frames
•   Live TV 1080 59 fps 20% load NO Dropped frames
•   Live TV 720 59fps 20% load NO Dropped frames
•   Recorded TV 1080 29fps 10% load dropping frames
•   Recorded TV 720 29fps 10% load dropping frames

I noticed the FPS from live to recorded is different.  Is that how it is suppose to be?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

I noticed the FPS from live to recorded is different.  Is that how it is suppose to be?

FPS could be the reason for the troubles.  However, it is still puzzling why you have problem with recorded shows but not with live playback.  I would think it was the other way around.  For live shows, FPS is basically guess work.  We simply use 29.94 for ATSC/NTSC land, and 25 for PAL land.  Recorded shows should have FPS values that are from analyzing the video when recording is done.  Maybe there is a problem there. 

What FPS do you get for the recorded TV shows?  Does it change if you do an "Update the library (from tags)"?  If you manually change the value, would the playback quality improve?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

osuchamp02

• Recent member

Using ctrl+j I see 59.97 Display Hz on live tv no fps.  On the same program recorded it reads 29.97 on display and lower on movie fps it reads 29.97.  I updated the library from tags.  No change.  I changed the fps from 29.97 to 59.94 and then updated library from tags. No change.  I changed the file type from JTV to TS.  No change.  Humm....

Yaobing

• Administrator

The difference between 29.97 and 59.94 probably should NOT be the cause of playback issues.  I thought you might have gotten 25 when you should have 29.97, or vice versa.

Also, what is the fps value on the recorded file (not what madVR reports, just go checking the FPS tag value without playing the file)?

EDIT:  I see this
I changed the fps from 29.97 to 59.94 and then updated library from tags
So it is 29.97.  If you do an update library from tags, it might revert back to 29.97.  Try changing to 59.94 manually, and do not do Update Library (from tags).

osuchamp02

• Recent member

If i change it in the tag field and do not update from tags nothing changes and the recording plays at 29.97. 

osuchamp02

• Recent member

I just downgraded my video card driver with a clean install.  There was no change so I installed the most updated version again.  Nvidia control panel is now currently at system default too.   

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you delete the fps tag contents on a poorly performing recording, and play? Does it play better?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

osuchamp02

• Recent member

1080 and 720 recordings work without dropped frames if the fps tag is deleted.  25fps, and 40fps also works.  Madvr still says display 59.94 and movie 29.97.  GPU load is 30% which seems high compared to my 1080 and 720 mkv bluray rips at 10%.  All settings are still at default.  I’m not seeing any dropped frames but the audio is out of sync.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Well that is somewhat of an improvement. You can resync the audio to get it working properly.

I asked the question because Maid is having a similar problem. See here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89663.0

Maybe there is an underlying issue Yaobing?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator

osuchamp02, what is your Display Settings for video playback (Tools > Options > Video > Display Settings)?

osuchamp02

• Recent member

Custom
Film 23.976 1080 set to 32bit 24
Film 24 1080 set to 32 bit 24
Ntsc 29.97 1080 set to 32 bit 29
30/60 set to desktop settings
Pal 25/50 set to desktop settings
Default set to desktop settings.

I think I set those settings when I didn’t have a video card and was using igpu without HQ.  If I change it to on everything seems smooth for the most part.  Now its time to tweak Madvr.   

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help trouble shoot this issue.  I have too many stupid hours wrapped up in that problem and you guys just saved me from having many more.   Last question, what are the correct settings I should be using if I'm now on HQ, On, Off, or custom with the correct fps?

Yaobing

• Administrator

You probably should use On setting.  It lets MC to automatically make adjustment according to the FPS value of the video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up