INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD configuration, and glitches changing tracks  (Read 964 times)

marcob

• Recent member
DSD configuration, and glitches changing tracks
« on: October 10, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

Hi.
I'm sorry for the probably stupid question, but I can't find infos about it using search: I'm using Yulong DA8 dac (via WASAPI)  that needs "DoP Marker 0x05/0xFA" for playing dsd.

I play music on a i7, 8GB ram, win8.1, no redundant or useless processes. I hear (low volume) glitches (even with all upsampled to 2xdsd) when there is a switch from different format tracks. Furthermore, I have a glitch if I seek from one dsd to another (same format, I mean 64 to 64), but in this last case the "natural" passage from a track to the next  (all dsd64 tracks) is usually without glitches. Any help about? Of course I have checked "play a little silence on dop stop..."

Addendum a: in this moment I'm playing a playlist with flac,mp3 and dsd, all upsampled via mc to 2xdsd, and I see, for a fraction of a second, "no input signal" then "384KHz" followed in a blink by "input USB dsd" (the standard) on the dac display when changing from one format to another (no change on the display if the format is the same of the previous. If useful the dsd are 128 ones), and the glitch seems to happen in that moment. But if it is all upsampled to dsd128, why close and reopen connection during the track change? Couldn't be "dac glitch/pop" (if due to the dac, of course) aware maintaining open the connection? Sorry for the beginner question...

Addendum b: I was so concentrated in hearing glitches and looking at the display that I didn't note that the configurated cross-fade works only among the same track type, otherwise (passing, for example, from a flac to dsd or mp3) there is a fade at the end of the exit track, only; maybe a strange behaviour?

Thanks a lot!
Marco

p.s. no glitches/pops during playing of tracks even if I use disk intensively, so I don't suspect latency problems.

marcob

• Recent member
Re: DSD configuration, and glitches changing tracks
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:15:29 am »

up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up