INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.25 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 5516 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.25 for Windows -- Available here
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:51:37 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Important: Early builds of MC20 may be less stable.  Please read a few posts below before downloading.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200025.exe

20.0.25 (10/14/2014)

1. Fixed: Another try at a build for 64-bit trouble.

20.0.24 (10/14/2014)

1. Fixed: The WDM driver was not signed on 64-bit platforms.

20.0.23 (10/14/2014)

1. Changed: The new tab button shows for 10 tabs instead of 6.
2. Fixed: Certain M4B Audio Books were previously detected as videos instead of audio files.
3. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
4. Changed: Television recording file names will be formatted using program name, series name, season number, episode number etc. if available.
5. Changed: Changed data format for USB-UIRT IR emitter code for learning and blasting.
6. Changed: USB-UIRT will have three emitter ports for configuration and the device will blast from specified individual emitter (note the build-in emitter inside is on port 3).
7. NEW: Added MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLE_TIMING (28037) to adjust the timing of subtitles.
8. Fixed: The Bitrate for IFO DVD structures is computed properly.
9. NEW: Added JRiver Media Center as a WDM driver that can play audio from any source or program (just set MC as the default device and play in the other program).

20.0.22 (10/7/2014)

1. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones returns a count after hidden zones instead of before (makes hidden zones work with Gizmo again).
2. Fixed: A typo in television EPG wizard.
3. Fixed: When scanning for television STB channels, automatic filling of the "Channel Number" field (if turned on) did not work correctly.  It copied the entire channel string instead of just the numeric portion.
4. Changed: When a field has a newline in it, enter on it in Theater View will expand it instead of doing a search on it.
5. Changed: The slow motion menu items restore a disabled VideoClock when restoring to 1x.
6. Fixed: Drives were importing incorrectly on a Portable Install.

20.0.21 (10/6/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Matteo!).
2. Fixed: When switching television channel on a client machine, the tuner on the server might not be properly stopped, or the time-shifting buffer on the server might be erroneously saved.
3. NEW: MC will load Season and Episode numbers from XMLTV file, if it contains data with system "xmltv_ns" or "common".
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.63 (support for TrueHD discs with Atmos data, performance improvements, bugfixes) (thanks nevcairiel)
6. Fixed: The Effects DSP did not properly load its settings when loading DSP Presets.
7. Changed: Reverted DSP interface change so that older plugins will work again (using SetInformation(...) instead of a new function).

20.0.20 (9/30/2014)

1. Changed: More tweaks to video clock synchronization logic (to hopefully fix slow motion playback of TV recordings).

20.0.19 (9/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Setting the date on an image would always clear the IPTC and XMP tags instead of writing the new date.
2. NEW: Added DSP/Loudness function to MCWS to get and set the loudness value.
3. Fixed: Handle Leak in settings and video functionality.
4. Fixed: The open/close arrows and the text would overlap in the experimental Tag Action Window.
5. Fixed: Minor correction when loading multiple track CUE files.
6. NEW: Added a "Slow Motion Playback" submenu when watching videos.
7. Fixed: Switching a view between "Chart" and other modes could cause the chart to not be removed or crash.
8. Changed: Tweak to video clock synchronization logic (to hopefully fix slow motion playback of TV recordings).

20.0.18 (9/26/2014)

1. NEW: Added the expression function URLify to URL-ify a string.
2. Changed: DLNA: Added definitions to the sinkProtocolInfo to be able to present that we render high resolution MP4 files with AAC and AC3 audio.
3. Fixed: Setting Month to undefined will carry through and clear the month off of the date (previously it would say January).
4. Changed: When dealing with television subscriptions that specifies "All channels", a preliminary filtering is done so there will not be too many instances of the same show being recorded simultaneously.
5. Changed: When loading television EPG data in the background, MC will wait longer for external XMLTV EPG programs to complete loading data.
6. Changed: Added television subscription time mode selection ("One per day", "One per week", "All showings" etc.) in Theater View (previously MC defaulted to "one per day").
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation files (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
8. Changed: Updated Slovak translation file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: Some CableCARD television channels with multiple audio streams were not handled correctly.
10. NEW: Added the ability to specify refresh interval (number of hours) for background television EPG update, allowing multiple updates per day.  The options are 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, and 24 hours.
11. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
12. Changed: Change 9 of previous build is modified as follows: If user has specified a time to automatically refresh television programming guide, MC will refresh the guide on or after the specified time, or 20 minutes after any previous runs, whichever is later.  The 20 minutes wait is needed because some background loading can take as much as 20 minutes to complete.

20.0.17 (9/19/2014)

1. Changed: The web browser throws away "Downloading picture data" status messages instead of showing them.
2. NEW: Added Delete Folder to Explorer Theater View views.
3. Fixed: Deleting a file from Playing Now (physical delete) wouldn't start playback of the next file.
4. Changed: Failures are reported when doing Update Library (from tags).
5. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir Eremenko).
6. Changed: Revisited Duration/Bitrate and FPS calculations from 20.0.16.
7. NEW: Multiple EPG profiles can be executed during automatic background updates of EPG data.
8. Fixed: Secure CD rip mode was not getting enabled.
9. Changed: If user has specified a time to automatically refresh television programming guide, MC will refresh the guide on or after the specified time, or as soon as possible thereafter, without regard to whether the user has run EPG wizard recently.
10. Changed: Added television subscription recording option to search "All channels" for a given program, instead of just on specified channels.
11. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
12. Changed: Television EPG wizard pages are re-organized so that automatic daily reload option is presented before the actual loading of data, and one can choose to skip loading data (only to configure auto loading options).
13. Fixed: Double-clicking at the end of the line in a chart would crash.
14. Changed: The Tag Action Window 'Show Tags In Current View' works a little better (you might need to customize visible fields once for the change to take effect).

20.0.16 (9/15/2014)

1. NEW: Import/Analysis of video files uses the new JRiver Video Engine for consistency across platforms.
2. Changed: The codec names used for the "Compression" field in video files are more consistent.
3. Changed: Options > General > Popup transparency mode also disables transparency for menus and tooltips if selected.
4. Fixed: CD burning was failing with error "Can't start the write.".
5. Fixed: Volume protection would override the startup volume setting.  Now startup volume has precedence.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NNTK

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 20.0.25 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 05:49:13 pm »

7. NEW: Added MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLE_TIMING (28037) to adjust the timing of subtitles.

Thank you. But don't show OSD while change timing.

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:52:34 pm »

Updating from 20.0.21 to 20.0.25 breaks the audio on entire system. Rebooting, changing to different audio drivers as default are non-effective.

To correct it required changing the Windows driver in Start > Control Panel > Sound > Playback and set the "default" speakers to the system's audio driver.
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

andyKT

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:20:18 pm »

Congratulations for the WDM work!

Start up page still has the following words and links that mention MC19.

News
Simple Gifts (Newsletter)
MC19 is under active development. Participate here. Features here.
MC for Linux is now available. Halfpence for a limited time.
MC19 Mac adds Integer mode, Retina support, and more.

andyKT

dean70

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 06:03:36 am »

Thorny one - after version 20.0.14 MC crashes soon after launch when running in Core mode Server 2012 R2. This is just stock standard vanilla Server 2012 R2 with nothing else installed. 20.0.14 or older would work fine for audio only.

Edit: I have attached the log file of the crash

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 07:41:50 am »

I'm getting that ASIO "Format not supported by your device" error more frequently than ever now.
So far it's happened 3 for 3 when playing some videos back-to-back. Had to stop and restart Media Center each time.

It also has a tendency to hang before starting playback on "waiting…" with my new PCIe soundcard, rather than the USB DAC. Which, if I hit stop and then play, immediately results in the "format not supported by your device" error.

This has gone from a minor annoyance to a major problem now.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:03:56 am »

I'm getting that ASIO "Format not supported by your device" error more frequently than ever now.
So far it's happened 3 for 3 when playing some videos back-to-back. Had to stop and restart Media Center each time.

It also has a tendency to hang before starting playback on "waiting…" with my new PCIe soundcard, rather than the USB DAC. Which, if I hit stop and then play, immediately results in the "format not supported by your device" error.

This has gone from a minor annoyance to a major problem now.

One thing to check; I get that ASIO error whenever the WDM driver is engaged and I try to play something in another zone that uses the same soundcard. Trying to play to an already occupied ASIO device throws that error for me in any context actually.  It also appears the "stop on playback" zoneswitch rules don't work perfectly with WDM (i.e. they don't always successfully stop playback in the IPC zone). 

I know you've had this issue since before the WDM driver, but it may be worth having a look at whether there's IPC trying to play in another zone and manually stop it the next time you get the error (i.e. it may not be the root cause, but it may have caused an increase in frequency).

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 08:50:16 am »

One thing to check; I get that ASIO error whenever the WDM driver is engaged and I try to play something in another zone that uses the same soundcard. Trying to play to an already occupied ASIO device throws that error for me in any context actually.  It also appears the "stop on playback" zoneswitch rules don't work perfectly with WDM (i.e. they don't always successfully stop playback in the IPC zone).  

I know you've had this issue since before the WDM driver, but it may be worth having a look at whether there's IPC trying to play in another zone and manually stop it the next time you get the error (i.e. it may not be the root cause, but it may have caused an increase in frequency).
Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to be the case for either of these devices.

USB DAC: ASIO is not exclusive in any way. Both ASIO and WDM can play simultaneously. With mixed sample rates, ASIO takes priority and WDM is muted. (but the WDM device still accepts audio)
PCIe Soundcard: Similar results, with ASIO taking priority. If ASIO is currently playing, WDM cannot play. If WDM is playing audio and you try to use ASIO, both play simultaneously. Not sure about mixed sample-rates since I only use 24/96 with this.

I actually had two PCIe soundcards from different vendors, and it happened with the second card as well. I've since removed it from my PC though.
So that's three different devices, with drivers from different manufacturers, and two different interfaces all showing the same problem.

EDIT: And nothing was sending audio into the JRiver WDM driver. I currently have HDMI selected for Windows' audio output so it goes to my TV speakers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up