INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist issue  (Read 2127 times)

daveg

• World Citizen
Smartlist issue
« on: November 04, 2014, 07:21:23 am »

Have been having this issue for a while. Think it started with later builds of 19(I am now using latest version of 20)

I have a simple smartlist that displays all music files(15,000) by date created.(newest first).

Problem is sometimes, the parameters randomly change and it get ordered by name or artist or date created(oldest first).

It happens completely random. Sometimes after a few weeks, sometimes a couple times a day.

Not a huge deal, as I just have to click the tab to re-order the files. Then I will go to edit smartlist and delete the field and add the date created one again.

Is this a know issue

Thanks

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist issue
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:04:39 pm »

I have never heard of this happening randomly.

Could you post the code of your smartlist and I'll take a look at it if you want.

[If you don't know how to do this click on the import export button while editing the smartlist and copy and paste the code, here ]

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 03:54:01 pm »

[Media Type]=[Audio] [File Type]=[mp3] ~sort=[Date Created]-d

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:51:12 am »

are you using itunes, another player that could write to these files ....

in any case date fields can be problematic, I would use [Date Imported] instead of  creation date as it is a JRiver field and won't change unless you remove the file and reimport

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [File Type]=[mp3] ~sort=[Date Imported]-d
Probably what is happening is that either something is writing to the file (retagging or external program) or you are clicking on the columns and temporarily reordering the list  -- I presume shuffle is off ;)

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:02:22 am »

Ok, will try Date imported.

Nothing else is writing to these files. JRiver is the only media program I use. and shuffle is off.

I could understand if that was the case, but weird thing is the smartlist properties get completely changed....it  Removes " [Media Type]=[Audio] [File Type]=[mp3] ~sort=[Date Imported]-d " and adds 3 or 4 different properties.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:11:36 am »

Nothing else is writing to these files. JRiver is the only media program I use. and shuffle is off.

I could understand if that was the case, but weird thing is the smartlist properties get completely changed....it  Removes " [Media Type]=[Audio] [File Type]=[mp3] ~sort=[Date Imported]-d " and adds 3 or 4 different properties.

JRiver writes to files all of the time, depending on what fields you allow to write to disk. The other properties you are talking about is bizarre. If you think of it, open up the import/export box and copy the code. Unless you have complex expression in the fields you have in the veiw, there should be nothing adding criteria to the smartlist filter. But who knows? Still think it has something to do with the dates. I'm in France and there are times when the dd//mm/yyyy format makes a mess of things if I'm not careful for example. Dates are always tricky when there is this much customization possible.

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 03:46:05 pm »

Ok It just happened again. the smartlist was changed to ..... [Media Type]=[Audio] [File Type]=[mp3] ~sort=[Artist]

Not sure why this is happening. I have tried using sort by imported date, but that does not show what I am looking for.

It really does seem strange that I cannot have a Very simple smartlist based on Date Created.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 01:02:33 am »

Go to...
"Tools > Options > Tree & View > Sorting > "

Is "Save changes on list header clicks" ticked or unticked?

If it is ticked, untick it.
This way, you can still click the headers to change the sorting, but it's only temporary, and your sorting will be restored when you reload the view or hit refresh.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up