INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recent albums, is placed in random order.  (Read 3769 times)

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
recent albums, is placed in random order.
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:53:35 am »

installed 20.0.33 (11/5/2014)
recent albums is placed in random order. thus not in chronological by date. this happened after the last update installed 20.0.33 (11/5/2014)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: recent albums, is placed in random order.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 11:03:20 am »

The albums are sorted by Date Imported in that view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:11:30 am »

I know that, but after updating to 33 it is not doing that anymore it now lists at random. date of import.

"The albums are sorted by Date Imported in that view." not anymore

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 12:54:04 pm »

Customize the view and double-check.  You want to click Edit on Album, and look at sorting.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:51:23 pm »

did what you said but it did not help, configuration was correct. the problem starts after updating to 20033 and adding an file to the database an flac file. after doing so the system is starting to rescan all the cd,s in the database. and adding changed dates, including the date when it was found. for example cd I put in last year is now being found again and added to the database with the date today, viewed from jriver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:54:18 pm »

did what you said but it did not help, configuration was correct. the problem starts after updating to 20033 and adding an file to the database an flac file. after doing so the system is starting to rescan all the cd,s in the database. and adding changed dates, including the date when it was found. for example cd I put in last year is now being found again and added to the database with the date today, viewed from jriver.

Are you using CUE files?  If so, they're going to import again in a newer format (with a semi-colon after the filename).

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:19:47 pm »

ok, I will install 20033 and see what the end result is going to be.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »

I have more than 40,000 cd,s in flac,ape,wv most of which have cue files, everything is working fine until the update to 20033, I have gone back to 20030 and put back my backup and everything is ok. the problem is definately the update 20033. if I install 20033 I will have the same problem occuring again.
Create a new smartlist
Click the import/export button and paste the following code:

Code: [Select]
[Date Imported]=<3d -[File Type]=[sacd] [=IsEqual(Right(RemoveCharacters([Filename,0], 0123456789, 2), 1), ;)]=1EDIT: Made the smartlist smarter.

This should list any CUE files/playlists which have been imported in the past three days so that you can remove them from your library.

You may want to remove CUE files from your auto-import rules.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »

This should list any CUE files/playlists which have been imported in the past three days so that you can remove them from your library.

You don't want to remove the new entries.  You want to remove the old entries.

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:03 am »

You don't want to remove the new entries.  You want to remove the old entries.
Well that depends on whether you want to retag 40,000 files, and whether the cue files are for individual tracks, or albums ripped to a single file.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 02:50:20 am »

at this moment I have an problem. it had been alot of work for me to get the database in jriver the way I have had it, it is now an chaos that is impossible to solve within an reasonable amount of time. I am going back to 20030 and use my backup. please resolve this so that everything is as it has been in the past years.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 03:09:22 am »

at this moment I have an problem. it had been alot of work for me to get the database in jriver the way I have had it, it is now an chaos that is impossible to solve within an reasonable amount of time. I am going back to 20030 and use my backup. please resolve this so that everything is as it has been in the past years.
You have at least three options to fix this.

• Disable cue files in your auto-import rules before updating.
  • Delete all the cue files from your disks before updating.
  • Allow cue files to import and then use the Smartlist I posted to remove them from the library. Then only new albums will have their cue files imported.

I'm assuming that, since you have been without these cue files in the library until now, you don't need them, and the tracks themselves probably have newer tags than what is contained in the cue files now.

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 03:37:06 am »

1. Disable cue files in your auto-import rules before updating.
2. Allow cue files to import and then use the Smartlist I posted to remove them. Then only new albums will have their cue files imported.

1.cannot find this option
2. I have never worked with smartlist before, what you had posted "copy and paste" seems strange to me that it will solve the problem

[Date Imported]=<3d -[File Type]=[sacd] [Filename]=";"

my library is full of double's after the update 20033

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 03:41:52 am »

so if I remove all of my cue files everything will be inorder?

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 03:52:53 am »

1.cannot find this option
If you never want to import CUE Files, go to Tools → Import → Configure Auto-Import
Edit your import rules and disable cue files in the "playlists" section.

so if I remove all of my cue files everything will be inorder?
Well, if you remove the CUE files before updating, they won't be there to be imported.
You may not want to delete the CUE files themselves though, which is why I listed two other ways of dealing with it without resorting to that.

I have never worked with smartlist before, what you had posted "copy and paste" seems strange to me that it will solve the problem
The smartlist will list all of the newly imported CUE Files, allowing you to remove them from your library.

Doing this will let you leave the CUE files on disk as they currently are, and will still import cue files for new albums, it just provides a way to remove the "old" cue files which were imported in 20.0.33

See the attached images. (note: I updated the smartlist rule to help avoid any false-positives)

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 05:06:27 am »

thank you for the directions, it helped me to find the the locations of importing and smartlist.

I have the following files: All audio files.
SACD in iso and flac.
images of flac, wav, wv, ape. need cue files to split into individual songs.
files in flac, wav, wv, ape.

around 40,000 folders containing in estimated total of 400,000 files.this is around 7tb split up on three hard drives.
some of the files that I accumalate need cue files for jriver to place these files into one thumbnail, that means ussually in various artists the problem arises that I have alot of artists with one file to play from the same folder/cd. not all of the VA cd's are placed into the  mc artistsview, multiple artists or various artists or va artists.
so how can I best resolve my problem.

I now have returned to 20030 and put back my backup.

option 1 or 2?

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 06:08:13 am »

The smartlist will only list any cue files imported in the last three days. You may even want to limit it to all cue files imported in the last day. (i.e. since the update to 20.0.33)

Just select all the files in the smartlist, hit delete, and select "remove from library" if you don't want to see them. It shouldn't affect anything else, and your library should be back to what it was in 20.0.30

If you now want to use some of those cue files, since they weren't working before 20.0.33, well you have a lot of files to sort through…

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 12:15:19 pm »

thanks for all the help, but I think I am going to wait this one out for all the bugs before updating to 20033. personally I dont think that this is acceptable that an update disrupts my configuration of MC in this manner. I do agree that all cue files should work within MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up