INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Balance Issue : loosing the left channel [solved]  (Read 2793 times)

moobox

• Recent member
Balance Issue : loosing the left channel [solved]
« on: November 08, 2014, 04:29:19 am »

Hi all,

I've 2 differents computers (you can view them HERE). Both have MC 20.
The server is under Win 8.1 x64 using the motherboard sound chipset, the other computer is under win 7 x64 with an asus essence ST. Both have the latest drivers & bios.

I've got the same issue on both computers : I lose the left channel (and only this one ::). I have to switch between ASIO and wasapi or direct sound and sometimes test the speaker with win 8.1, to establish again a stereo balance. Closing and opening JRiver has no effect. I don't have this issue with MC 17. It also happens after wake up the computers after sleeping mode.

It's a bit boring...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Balance Issue : loosing the left channel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 05:41:23 am »

What device are you playing to?  Same on both?

What type of files are you playing? 

Do they vary in bit rate or sample rate?  If so, try using DSP Studio > Output Settings to resample everything to a 16 / 44.1, for example.

What happens if you power cycle the device?

moobox

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:28:21 am »

The issue happens with flac, Iso or any files. No matter of the type.

EG : Yesterday, I power on the computer with asus Esssence ST under win 7. By default, the playback options was on ASIO Xonar. I listened a flac album sotred on the server. Only the right channel works  :-X. I've to switch to wasapi to have stereo.
This morning I want to play an Iso movie on the server (with only motherboard chipset). The issue happen : only the right channel works. I've to go to windows sound settings and use the "test button" to have the stereo back + switch to direct sound ?!

2 differents computers (with different hardware), 2 differents files, same issue. It doesn't happen on MC 17. So my conclusion is MC20 has a major bug that MC17 don't have.

moobox

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 12:01:16 pm »

The issue was solved :
Computer on windows 7 with essence is now with windows 8.1 with new drivers. Works well with MC 20.  8)
Computer already with windowsd 8.1 have a cable issue. Change the cable and now it rocks. Sorry for the disturbance

You can close the topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up