INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changed: Added a confirmation box to the Clear Playing Now command.  (Read 3590 times)

coastgm

This change was added to version 20.0.38.  When you try to use "Clear Playing Now" in JRemote or nMedium Play mobile apps, it will not work.  I must go to my desktop to click ok on the Confirmation Box window.  I just reverted back to version 20.0.37 to solve the problem.  I use JRemote and nMedium Play mobile apps 99 percent of the time.  I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changed: Added a confirmation box to the Clear Playing Now command.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 04:29:37 pm »

I still think the better solution would be to move it into the edit commands sub-menu.
That way it's a lot more difficult to click accidentally, and it fixes the issue of having to confirm the command.

Being able to undo the command would also help eliminate the need for confirmation.

That said, I'm still not clear on why it should be in the right-click menu for items inside a zone at all, rather than the previously existing option when bringing up the menu for the zone itself. (either right-clicking on the zone itself, or clicking on a tab with the zone open)

It was an unnecessary change which has just introduced problems.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:00:10 pm »

This change was added to version 20.0.38.  When you try to use "Clear Playing Now" in JRemote or nMedium Play mobile apps, it will not work.  I must go to my desktop to click ok on the Confirmation Box window.  I just reverted back to version 20.0.37 to solve the problem.  I use JRemote and nMedium Play mobile apps 99 percent of the time.  I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

+1

As a suggestion - the dialogue should not be triggered via Web Service calls (which nMedium uses)
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:47:36 pm »

Actually - this is also an issue when clearing playing now via a linked library
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store
Pages: [1]   Go Up