INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Newsletter Went Today  (Read 3105 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
A Newsletter Went Today
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »

It's going out slowly, so you may not see it until tomorrow night, but here's what we sent today.

Jim

---------

JRiver WDM Driver
Have you ever used a browser to listen to a music service like Spotify, Pandora, or Tidal, and noticed that you don't have the same volume control and DSP that you do in JRiver Media Center?  We have an exciting new answer for this problem.

With MC's new WDM driver, you can use JRiver for Windows as the sound driver in any audio or video application.  When you install MC 20.0.41 or above, a WDM driver is also installed.  You can tell any application to use it, or you can set it as the Windows default, so that all applications route their sound through JRiver.  You'll be able to use your hardware remote, JRemote, or Gizmo to control the audio.  It takes less than a minute to set it up.

JRiver Id -- High Quality Audio Hardware
The JRiver Id is a network media player. The Id (rhymes with hid) plays high quality audio from a computer anywhere on the network. It can be controlled with a smartphone as a remote, using Gizmo (for Android), JRemote (for iOS), or any standard DLNA Controller.

The Id provides an easy connection from a computer to a sound system, even when they are at opposite ends of your home.  

Upgrade to MC20
If you haven't already done so, you can upgrade to JRiver Media Center 20 from any previous version of Media Center for just $26.98.  Your old library will be automatically upgraded, too.  It's easy and quick to obtain access to the many new features.  If you've already upgraded to MC20, just download the latest.  Thanks.

High Quality Music
We highly recommend a visit to one of our hi-rez partners, HDtracks, Acoustic Sounds, or the new PonoMusic from Neil Young.  They're making high quality music mainstream.

Best regards,

JRiver

Definitions
Driver -- a piece of software that directly addresses a piece of hardware, like a sound card.
WDM  --  Windows Driver Model, a type of Microsoft driver.
DSP -- Digital Signal Processing lets you modify the sound.  Volume control, volume leveling, equalization, room correction, effects -- all of these are examples of DSP.

drlung117

Re: A Newsletter Went Today jremote as controller
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 11:12:59 am »

I successfully have tidal streaming playing through JRiver and it sounds marvelous. But I can't seem to control it with my jremote which worsk superbly with jriver but seemiongly not with the wdm driver. Am I trying to do the impossible or is there a way to do this that i am just missing.
any help appreciated, thanks

majnun70

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: A Newsletter Went Today JRemote as controller
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 02:46:01 am »

I successfully have tidal streaming playing through JRiver and it sounds marvelous. But I can't seem to control it with my JRemote which worsk superbly with jriver but seemiongly not with the wdm driver. Am I trying to do the impossible or is there a way to do this that i am just missing.
any help appreciated, thanks

Any response to this?  Any chance of controlling/navigating the Tidal library through JRemote?

JimH

• Administrator
Re: A Newsletter Went Today
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:46:02 am »

Please post on the "Remotes" board.  I don't think it's possible.

tfherl

Re: A Newsletter Went Today JRemote as controller
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 08:59:45 am »

Any response to this?  Any chance of controlling/navigating the Tidal library through JRemote?
When Tidal is directed through jriver will an icon show up on the control page. I'm completely baffled on how to get this working on windows 7. I have the driver, tidal & river. please advise how to get this working.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: A Newsletter Went Today
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 09:07:07 am »

Welcome to Interact.  You may need to set up the WDM driver:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up