INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Problems  (Read 139643 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
WDM Problems
« on: November 26, 2014, 12:18:59 pm »

For instructions, please see the first post in the feature thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.msg637430#msg637430

Please post any problems here.

Castius

Re: WDM Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 05:07:54 pm »

Razer megalodon headphones.http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-megalodon
Will stop working some times. I have to stop the wdm zone. And hit play again. Sometimes I have to plugin  the headphones. I don't have good reproducible step yet.

JRiver thinks it playing but it's not.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:18:23 pm »

Razer megalodon headphones.http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-megalodon
Will stop working some times. I have to stop the wdm zone. And hit play again. Sometimes I have to plugin  the headphones. I don't have good reproducible step yet.

JRiver thinks it playing but it's not.

I have a similar issue. Getting the WDM to work is still hit or miss. Hopefully, rebuilding my system from scratch will remove the contributions that bloatware are playing to some of my MC issues. Have had to stop using WDM for WAF.

gshaver

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 11:15:20 am »

I also have an issue with mc 20 wmd.
In control panel I have selected mc 20 as my default for audio playback, but when I go to internet explorer and try to play anything with audio, ie a movie trailer etc... I get no audio.  do I have a setting wrong? 
system default set to mc 20, 
in mc 20 > options> audio> Realtek direct sound is selected.

gshaver

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 11:17:54 am »

I also have a problem with mc 20 wmd.
In control panel I have selected mc 20 as my default for audio playback, but when I go to internet explorer and try to play anything with audio, ie a movie trailer etc... I get no audio.  do I have a setting wrong? 

Trumpetguy

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »

I also have an issue with mc 20 wmd.
In control panel I have selected mc 20 as my default for audio playback, but when I go to internet explorer and try to play anything with audio, ie a movie trailer etc... I get no audio.  do I have a setting wrong?  

My experience is that some applications that play to default audio device only do not switch if you change your default audio device when that application is running. I find it more reliable to close all instances of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Spotify or whatnot and restart playback after doing such audio device change. This behaviour is not linked to JRiver WDM, it is more the way Windows applications work.

EDIT: Typos

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 12:24:07 am »

I had configured a WDM zone, as in mwillems' guide.

However, after a few seconds of playing a video in MC, the screen would go blank (audio continued), and a message would appear at the bottom:
The display for this zone belongs to another window.
(Or some permutation of those words).

Since I'd had trouble with the WDM driver recently, I changed the windows default audio device to my AVR, same as the device used by MC.
The problem continued even after that.

Only when I deleted the WDM zone did the problem go away. Any idea what's going on?

SpaceLaser

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 01:39:42 am »

I have a question: if I wanted to play a game with the audio routing to WDM and listen to music in my JRiver library, what would be the best configuration for that? I've been using WASAPI with in non-exclusive mode for a while and that seems to let me play in both zones at the same time. But sometimes, playing a song in my non-IPC zone causes JRiver to look up and crash.

Is there a better configuration for what I want to do?.

gshaver

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 11:05:33 am »

Quote from Trumpetguy Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 02:01:52 pm
"My experience is that some applications that play to default audio device only do not switch if you change your default audio device when that application is running. I find it more reliable to close all instances of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Spotify or whatnot and restart playback after doing such audio device change. This behaviour is not linked to JRiver WDM, it is more the way Windows applications work"

Thanks for the advice, I tried but it had no effect, still not getting internet explorer to play sound when I set my default sound to JRiver WDM, works fine with my normal default sound.  can't figure out what the problem is....checked with other search engines, firefox, chrome, and have same issue. ?

Trumpetguy

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 02:19:21 pm »

Quote from Trumpetguy Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 02:01:52 pm
"My experience is that some applications that play to default audio device only do not switch if you change your default audio device when that application is running. I find it more reliable to close all instances of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Spotify or whatnot and restart playback after doing such audio device change. This behaviour is not linked to JRiver WDM, it is more the way Windows applications work"

Thanks for the advice, I tried but it had no effect, still not getting internet explorer to play sound when I set my default sound to JRiver WDM, works fine with my normal default sound.  can't figure out what the problem is....checked with other search engines, firefox, chrome, and have same issue. ?

Just a dumb question from me, you are doing the following, right?
1) Media Center 20 (WDM) as default audio device
2) Have JRiver MC running (or at least the media server), after setting your physical soundcard as output in MC.
3) Making sure MC is detecting the audio stream and starts playing "IPC".
?

gshaver

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 02:54:02 pm »

So I have to have JR 20 up and running, when I browse internet, to get sound when I am using mc 20 wdm as default sound device?  If that is the case, call me major Tom, because I totally spaced that one.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 03:03:53 pm »

So I have to have JR 20 up and running, when I browse internet, to get sound when I am using mc 20 wdm as default sound device?  If that is the case, call me major Tom, because I totally spaced that one.
You can just run the tray widget on startup (called "Media Server" in the startup options). MC has to be running in some way to handle the sound from the driver.

Stereolab42

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 10:45:47 pm »

No luck for me with this driver. Getting persistent skips and static that make it unusable. Tried different combos of buffer size/latency to no avail. Have the JRiver WDM driver set as default in Windows audio, and my physical sound card set as output in JRiver. Sources are generally website streaming players.

borges

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 02:43:19 am »

On my system the WDM works very well for some sample rates but not with outhers.

I have audio device firmware and driver debug experience, and offer to lend you guys a hand. With MS's continuing lack of USB Audio Class 2 drivers, the WDM is a very important thing for audio consumers.

My: system: Player is JRMC17, DAC is www.henryaudio.com in USB Audio Class 2 ASIO mode, OS is Win7-64. Source: wav files converted to the 6 classical sample rates (44.1 up through 192) by JRMC17 or 18.

The DAC and source material work very well with MC 17 & 20 in normal operation. With 20.0.41's WDM and MC17 as the player it's OK with 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4ksps, but I get silence with 48, 96 and 192.

Setting the protocol to WASAPI event style in the player, the DAC (operating through WDM and ASIO driver) is correctly using those three sample rates (yeah! no resampling). With WASAPI (not event style) I get an unreliable playback. With Direct Sound I also get audio on 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4ksps material, but now everything is resampled to 44.1. With DS I also get silence on 48, 96 and 192.

I kind of expected DS to resample all 6 rates to the default sample rate set by the OS, and both kinds of WASAPI to forwared the source material 1:1 without sample rate conversion.

Best,
Børge

gshaver

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 05:41:28 am »

You can just run the tray widget on startup (called "Media Server" in the startup options). MC has to be running in some way to handle the sound from the driver.

Thanks so much, working great now..... have been with jr for quite some time now, love your software, too bad my windows tablet does not have the juice to handle the program.... it only runs on atom processor with 2 gig of ram, rats...

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 06:59:34 am »

No luck for me with this driver. Getting persistent skips and static that make it unusable. Tried different combos of buffer size/latency to no avail. Have the JRiver WDM driver set as default in Windows audio, and my physical sound card set as output in JRiver. Sources are generally website streaming players.
Please try re-reading the instructions linked in the first post of this thread.  A small buffer may work best.

Stereolab42

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 02:10:09 pm »

Please try re-reading the instructions linked in the first post of this thread.  A small buffer may work best.

No luck, I tried 10ms.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 02:30:58 pm »

No luck, I tried 10ms.

Did you try changing the settings in both the "live playback latency" advanced setting and the buffer in audio->device settings? Be methodical, try using a small buffer for live playback latency and a larger buffer for audio output, and then vice versa, then small for both, large for both, etc.  

If you could explain what specific settings you've tried and not tried changing, it would be helpful in troubleshooting.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 08:37:20 pm »

The WDM driver no longer sets itself as the default on install.  It's perfectly harmless to install.

You can install with /NoDriver if that's not good enough for you.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JamCat

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 08:39:07 pm »

Hi all, a question from a nontechnical user.

I run Windows 8.1 and use a USB DAC and headphone amp combo (Burson Audio HA160D). I have just upgraded from MC19 to MC20. I have my DAC set as my default playback device in Windows Settings>Control Panel>Sound. However I will only hear sound through the DAC if WDM is also disabled. If I enable WDM, even though keeping the DAC as the default device, I lose sound and crash MC20. Am I missing something (I'm guessing the answer is 'yes')? All my drivers are up to date. Any advice gratefully received! Many thanks. James

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 07:49:39 am »

What is the version of MC20?  Make sure you're using the latest build from the top of this board.

curiousMonkey

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 10:37:37 pm »

I am running the latest MC version (44) and noticed that my HDMI connection for audio always fails.
This means that I can see the video perfectly but there is no audio.
The display on my receiver simply says "No Signal".
Everything was working fine with the previous build I used (41?) and I was not trying to use WDM at all.
I simply want to stream the audio from MC to my speakers.

Looking at Tools->Options->Audio I see only a limited number of choices: ASIO4ALL, DirectSound, Kernel. There is no WASAPI option and that is what I used in the past. That is probably a separate issue because none of the choices are working.

Something is preventing my HDMI connection from seeing the audio stream.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 12:27:42 am »

Check your audio icon (right side near clock )  right click,  chose playback devices,  disable jriver,  then test.

curiousMonkey

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 10:34:14 am »

I fixed the problem by rebooting my PC.
That caused the WASAPI choices to reappear in the Options menu.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 12:41:05 pm »

glad ya got it working.
enjoy

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 12:14:40 am »

Just tried the latest version 20.0.48, and found that the problem with the WASAPI exclusive input to the WDM driver still exists. This problem was reported by someone else too. Anyway, I will make another attempt to help reproduce the problem. Please see the steps below:

1. Use any directshow media player other than JRiver, for example MPC-HC
2. Select Reclock as the Audio Renderer in the output options of MPC-HC
3. In Reclock Configuration settings, set WASAPI exclusive output and the output device as JRiver Media Center 20
4. Now play any content in MPC-HC, you will notice that JRiver produces a loud static noise. If you don't get the static, try seeking in MPC-HC and you will be able to reproduce the problem

This problem was confused with the WASAPI output in JRiver audio settings, but it is actually with the WASAPI (excl) input to the WDM driver. I hope that the above steps would make it all clear.

Besides this problem, I have one more concern regarding the WDM driver. It accepts only up to 24 bit audio. If it accepted 32 bit floating point audio, there would no word-length reduction to be done by the windows mixer from 32 bit float to 24 bit int. So if one was careful to match the sample rate of the content with the sample rate in the WDM driver properties, there would be no loss in audio quality when playing via the WDM driver.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 04:05:55 am »

WASAPI input is not officially supported yet, it may crash or exhibit other problems. We recommend you stick to DirectSound. The main goal is to use it with streaming applications for now, which do not have any control over their audio devices.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 11:12:43 pm »

Yes I can use DirectSound without any problems. The only advantage of using WASAPI exclusive input to WDM driver is that it saves me from changing the number of channels and sample rate in the WDM driver settings all the time which is a bit annoying. It would be great if WASAPI exclusive input could also be supported in Media Center.

By the way, could you also reply to the concern about the WDM driver that I expressed in my previous post, which is quoted here:

"I have one more concern regarding the WDM driver. It accepts only up to 24 bit audio. If it accepted 32 bit floating point audio, there would no word-length reduction to be done by the windows mixer from 32 bit float to 24 bit int. So if one was careful to match the sample rate of the content with the sample rate in the WDM driver properties, there would be no loss in audio quality when playing via the WDM driver."

philip1957

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2014, 07:53:10 am »

Really looking forward to the new driver, but...upgraded from 19, no sound with WDM driver.  I installed on the HTPC as well as my laptop. Both Windows 7.  When I test on the laptop in windows OS I get no sound.  If I switch back to Realtek sound is fine.  IPC is running in JRiver and I can see sound bars.  Audio is full volume, not muted.  I have read through the topics in the forum and have tried different settings, no luck.  Must be something simple, please help.

epdn

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 03:31:07 am »

Dear All,

I have been using JRiver MC for a year now and I am really satisfied. However, I am having some problems with system volume setting now. I presume this is related to the recent WDM upgrade (as before everything was fine). I tried to set MC as the main audio device but had several problems with it (no audio from other applications - e.g. Firefox - or "selective output" - audio from headphones but no audio from speakers). Therefore I decided to use the internal Cyrrus Logic AB 77 and, apparently, everything went fine. The only problem now is that the system volume is always very high (I must use 4% or less with low impedence headphones) and I cannot find a way to reduce it. On the other hand I have not any problem with MC if I use the Internal Volume.

Is this a common problem? Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you.
Elio

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 08:35:58 pm »

Really looking forward to the new driver, but...upgraded from 19, no sound with WDM driver.  I installed on the HTPC as well as my laptop. Both Windows 7.  When I test on the laptop in windows OS I get no sound.  If I switch back to Realtek sound is fine.  IPC is running in JRiver and I can see sound bars.  Audio is full volume, not muted.  I have read through the topics in the forum and have tried different settings, no luck.  Must be something simple, please help.

If you can see sound bars, that means the program is getting sound.  So the problem must be the output.  Try switching the output in Options > Audio.  Maybe a bad one is chosen?

philip1957

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 08:23:18 am »

If you can see sound bars, that means the program is getting sound.  So the problem must be the output.  Try switching the output in Options > Audio.  Maybe a bad one is chosen?

Here is what it was: the audio device in Options>audio automatically gets changed to "default audio device [direct sound]" upon installation of MC 20 and switching the windows default audio device to JRiver.  I switched the default audio device by clicking on More>Realtek High definition audio[direct sound] and all works well.  Loaded MC20 on the HTPC again and switched the audio device to SPDIF-out(sound card)[direct sound] and all is good.  Thanks for your assistance, love the WDM driver.  Philip.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 08:32:49 am »

Here is what it was: the audio device in Options>audio automatically gets changed to "default audio device [direct sound]" upon installation of MC 20 and switching the windows default audio device to JRiver.  I switched the default audio device by clicking on More>Realtek High definition audio[direct sound] and all works well.  Loaded MC20 on the HTPC again and switched the audio device to SPDIF-out(sound card)[direct sound] and all is good.  Thanks for your assistance, love the WDM driver.  Philip.

Great.  Glad it's fixed.  Whew!

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 05:11:23 am »

Hi, I am trying to get bluray players for 3D discs to play through the WDM driver (to enable convolution and channel routing).
It is working, except for a periodic beep when playing a bluray disc. I have tried TMT5 and powerdvd 14.

Any ideas why I am getting a beep every 2 minutes or so?

I have had a similar setup working in the past using a VST host (plogue Bidule), but due to stability issues I want to use the jriver driver.

I have minimum latency set and have good lip sync and no drop outs.

Convolution is working, but only if I use the 3rd party voxengo pristine space. Native jriver convolution causes stuttering (even with minimum phase filters). So I think more optimisation is required for the jriver convolution function.

So my main problem is a periodic beep in movie playback. Any ideas?

krmasson

• World Citizen
How to reactivate WDM driver ?
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 06:54:12 am »

Stupid question: how can I reactivate the WDM driver, once I have deactivated it ?

I was unable to find it in the MC options, nor in this forum. Nor to remember how I deactivated it (what would probably give me the answer).

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

CountryBumkin

Re: How to reactivate WDM driver ?
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2015, 07:36:01 am »

Stupid question: how can I reactivate the WDM driver, once I have deactivated it ?

I was unable to find it in the MC options, nor in this forum. Nor to remember how I deactivated it (what would probably give me the answer).

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Is it listed in Windows Sound properties?

krmasson

• World Citizen
Re: How to reactivate WDM driver ?
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 11:38:37 am »

Is it listed in Windows Sound properties?
No.
And it does not appear in the MC options, either (Tools/Options/Audio/Audio device).

It used to appear, before I deactivated it a few weeks ago.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 12:34:20 pm »

It won't ever show up as an Audio device in JRiver. To play to it would cause and endless loop.

It looks like you uninstalled it. Reinstall JRiver and allow the WDM driver to install. You don't have to uninstall first. The install won't change anything and will work just the same as upgrading to a new release. Go to the Sound settings in Control Panel and set it as the default.

drhyoung

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 09:27:05 pm »

Probably just me, but I am trying to use the Disk Writer in its own zone to write separate songs to disk. It's source is WDM to pick up the music, and I have "Break output into individual tracks" checked. My source has a 1 second gap between tracks. But I am just getting a single file on disk after playing multiple tracks.

Was there anything else I should be doing ?

Thanks.

(By the way, do all JRiver's Virtual Audio Cable users know that WDM is the much simpler way, and easier to manage as well ! )

jbanerjee

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:58 am »

Hi, I use MC20 to direct sound files from my PC to a network streamer. This works perfectly well. But I cannot get a web stream (like Tidal) to output to the same streamer from MC 20. According to MC 20, an IPC stream is identified and the network streamer too shows the IPC stream but shows it as paused. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

JB

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 07:21:16 am »

It won't ever show up as an Audio device in JRiver. To play to it would cause and endless loop.
This has actually happened :-).
Thanks for the hint. I indeed uninstalled the WDM driver (do not remember how), but I was hoping that there is a simpler way to reinstall it.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 11:33:53 am »

This has actually happened :-).
Thanks for the hint. I indeed uninstalled the WDM driver (do not remember how), but I was hoping that there is a simpler way to reinstall it.

In Windows>Control Panel>Sound properties just select a different driver to be your default. Why uninstall?

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2015, 02:18:52 pm »

Because my wife then tried to use the computer during a week-end when I was away, and because I had just to explain to her why the computer never works when I am aways...

john greenwood

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2015, 07:27:38 am »

Just installed, but getting no sound (not in JRiver, not elsewhere).  When I go back into Control Panel and switch the default device back to Realtek I get the sound back.

Running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite with Realtek.

john greenwood

• World Citizen
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 10:00:28 am »

Further troubleshooting.  I can see sound bars within MC 20 when I select the JRiver driver and play music through it, but not elsewhere on my system (i.e. in control panel/sound).

If I go into settings/audio devices, the WDM is not an express option. 

I am using the .50 build and have tried rebooting.  I still have MC 19 on my system (and would like to keep it).

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

Did you try the instructions at the top again?  I've had trouble a couple of times, too, but always got it to work.

Check the Windows mixer to make sure nothing is muted.

john greenwood

• World Citizen
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 12:03:06 pm »

No luck.

I selected the JRiver Media Center 20 device in Control Panel/Sounds as my default.  I set MC20 so it would run on start-up and then rebooted.  No system sounds; no sound when playing music in MC20.   I do see bars in MC20's Now Playing window while playing, but no bars in the Windows sound dialog box.  The moment I reset the Realtek High Definition Audio as my default device, all the sounds come back.

Just to be clear - I am assuming that the WDM and the Realtek are alternatives for one another (as I have to select one as a default).

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:09 pm »

What device do you have selected under Options-->Audio in JRiver?  You haven't mentioned that.  You should have the realtek selected if that is your actual sound output device.  When the WDM driver is the default device JRiver is routing the system audio output to whatever is selected as the output device in JRiver.  If you select the "default" in JRiver you just create a closed loop that goes nowhere.

To be clear: to enable the WDM driver, the JRiver WDM should be the default in the Windows Mixer (i.e. control panel), but you should select your actual output device (i.e. the realtek) in JRiver's Audio Options.

john greenwood

• World Citizen
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »

I've tried both Default Audio Device [Direct Sound] and Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound].  Neither works.

Edit - I just tried Realtek High Definition Audio [WASAPI] and that works.  I hadn't tried it before as according to this thread I thought it was unsupported.

Further Edit - now Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound] is working.  Maybe I screwed up trying it before.

Further, further edit.  Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound] is working for music playing in MC20 but not for system sounds. That explains my previous experience.

Further, further, further edit.  Using Realtek High Definition Audio [Direct Sound] or [WASAPI] I can now get some volume on system sound (most of the time) and on the web (YouTube) but it is very low, and I cannot adjust it.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2015, 12:55:06 pm »

WASAPI is generally preferable if it works.  The posts in the thread in re: WASAPI were about problems using WASAPI in other programs to address JRiver's WDM driver (on the front end), not about using WASAPI as an output method in JRiver (which usually works well)

If you want to get the direct sound option working, try changing the buffers as described in the first post. Also make sure to test with sounds that last more than a second or two as sometimes the driver has trouble with very short sounds (try playing a youtube video in a browser, etc.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up