INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October HQ / MadVR for YouTube  (Read 5926 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Red October HQ / MadVR for YouTube
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »

I do have to always make a CTRL-click on a YouTube Link in order to use madvr. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks :)

tyler69

Re: Red October HQ / MadVR for YouTube
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:37:55 am »

Bump.
Maybe a bit more clearer: I want Youtube videos to use ROHQ automatically. Until now I do have to hold CTRL when clicking on a video for ROHQ getting used. A bit inconvenient..

tyler69

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 05:24:43 am »

Bump

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »

When you Ctrl + click, an option box should appear. Click "Play the file inside the player" and "Keep using this answer . . ." Next time just left click on the YouTube link. If you Ctrl + click again, you will need to recheck the "Keep using this answer . . ." box.

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 05:30:12 pm »

Thanks for replying. Actually I checked this box, hence my question.

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 01:54:48 am »

Hi Guys,

Does Mc20 support higher than 720p playback in Youtube? Youtube set to the highest bitrate in options and it still only plays at max 720p. 

A bug I've found. Ctrl + J doesn't bring up the Madvr osd whilst a video is playing.  If I press ctrl + J after double clicking a movie to enlarge it the osd opens, However, I have to do this very quickly before the video actually goes into fullscreen mode.  The Osd displays and stays on the screen, is active and showing live data, but now it won't close.  Ctrl + J does nothing. The only time I can get the osd to display/hide is a half second window whilst making a video fullscreen.  if I open Madvr in the task tray and make sure it's in the forefront (active window) Ctrl + J opens the OSD.   I haven't the same issue in JRiver 19.  

tyler69

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 02:18:36 am »

Bump.

tyler69

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 02:56:50 pm »

Bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 03:00:49 pm »

I'm confused by the question.  If you click (no need to hold CTRL down) and pick 'Use this answer / Play', it'll play with madVR on every click after that (assuming you're in Red October HQ mode).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »

A bug I've found. Ctrl + J doesn't bring up the Madvr osd whilst a video is playing.  If I press ctrl + J after double clicking a movie to enlarge it the osd opens, However, I have to do this very quickly before the video actually goes into fullscreen mode.  The Osd displays and stays on the screen, is active and showing live data, but now it won't close.  Ctrl + J does nothing. The only time I can get the osd to display/hide is a half second window whilst making a video fullscreen. if I open Madvr in the task tray and make sure it's in the forefront (active window) Ctrl + J opens the OSD.   I haven't the same issue in JRiver 19.  

I found that having madVR appear on the taskbar "steals the focus" from MC then my remote won't work in Theater View unless I use my mouse to click on the screen/movie to get it back. BTW - this was an issue in MC19 too - for some, not everyone.

tyler69

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 05:31:22 pm »

I'm confused by the question.  If you click (no need to hold CTRL down) and pick 'Use this answer / Play', it'll play with madVR on every click after that (assuming you're in Red October HQ mode).

No. It only does this once. The menu does not come up when clicking on another link but it does not use Madvr neither (and it starts the video in the ordinary youtube window). I have to make a ctrl-left klick for MadVR. Also: when a video is playing and I do the ctrl-left klick on another link, the new one starts (and switches to exclusive mode) but the first one also keeps playing. This leads to two videos being played simultaneously. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

tyler69

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 06:09:37 am »

Bump

tyler69

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 12:17:52 pm »

Bump

tyler69