INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Black on Black skin  (Read 2353 times)

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
Problem with Black on Black skin
« on: December 09, 2014, 03:05:02 pm »

Any chance the black on black skin can be fixed.  Do I ask for that here or somewhere else.   The large vertical height is ok for buttons on the open UI of standard view but not so good when you see them in the tag section etc.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 03:19:31 pm »

Any chance the black on black skin can be fixed.  Do I ask for that here or somewhere else.   The large vertical height is ok for buttons on the open UI of standard view but not so good when you see them in the tag section etc.

I've asked our skinner to take a look at it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 04:18:32 pm »

Thanks.

yeah upon checking its every window and section.

I don't mind it on the main view,  it could maybe be sub skin with bigger fonts as well as buttons. 'Black on Black BIG'   for large plasmas and 4k?

Actually that's a good point,  what's the plan for the coming year/s @ for 4K res screens, large screens of the new OLED's 50+ inch>
Are the skins going to have 4K versions.  I notice Zoomplayer has one 4K skin now so assume this is the start of 4k skinning proper.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 04:26:21 pm »

Are the skins going to have 4K versions.  I notice Zoomplayer has one 4K skin now so assume this is the start of 4k skinning proper.

Skins already support high resolution.  Look at MC > View > Size.  Noire is 4x through the whole thing.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 04:37:03 pm »

I went back to .44 so my black on black is normal
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »

Skins already support high resolution.  Look at MC > View > Size.  Noire is 4x through the whole thing.

Ah yes I see thanks.

I only use the black and dark greys,  black on black, Air, silent night, Pearl.  And these don't yet.

Could I suggest a few new official black and dark grey skins, new work, new designs.  For low light and night viewing. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »

There was a bug where we wouldn't get the button height from the skin.  It was fixed, but skins with tall button heights look weird now.

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 10:32:28 pm »

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you mean by going back to .44. I'd love to fix this skin, it's the only one I can look at.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 10:55:16 pm »

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you mean by going back to .44. I'd love to fix this skin, it's the only one I can look at.

I would guess he reinstalled MC20.0.44 Mike.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

~OHM~

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 11:42:32 pm »

I would guess he reinstalled MC20.0.44 Mike.

yes that is exactly what i did
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

justsomeguy

Re: Problem with Black on Black skin
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 01:53:09 pm »

My Black on Black skin is working now. I just modified a png file for the skin and now the boxes are normal size. I posted a reply with my workaround in a different thread but the title of that thread isn't obvious as to what the OP's issue was so I thought I'd bump this up in case it will help anyone. Here the post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94064.msg648547#msg648547

~OHM~

Re: Problem with Black on Black skin
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 03:28:02 pm »

My Black on Black skin is working now. I just modified a png file for the skin and now the boxes are normal size. I posted a reply with my workaround in a different thread but the title of that thread isn't obvious as to what the OP's issue was so I thought I'd bump this up in case it will help anyone. Here the post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94064.msg648547#msg648547

Check this post out...the fix is easy and it works...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up