INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.49 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 7735 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.49 for Windows -- Available here
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:36:41 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200049.exe

20.0.49 (12/16/2014)

1. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.87.11.
2. Changed: Made it optional to increase the volume of DSD to PCM by +6 dB (Options > Audio > Advanced > Configure input plug-in > DSD input plug-in) (note that you need to reanalyze for volume level if you make this change).
3. Changed: Added a bunch more stock Smartlists (create using Tree > Playlists > Right-click > Add Stock Smartlists).
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
5. Changed: Another attempt at fixing the problem of MC not being able to use some multiple identical TV devices (tuners or capture devices).  Please test.
6. Changed: A few more strings are translatable that weren't before.
7. Fixed: 8x DSD output wasn't working (testing appreciated).
8. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Changed: Removed Options > Startup > Set volume because each zone has its own startup volume.
10. NEW: Added an Unswap(...) expression function that takes Last name, First name and flips them to First name Last name.
11. NEW: Added a Swap(...) expression that takes First name Last name and swaps to Last name, First name.
12. NEW: Added an image height and image width field that gets filled when thumbnailing.
13. Changed: Spacebar always fires play / pause instead of only when full screen is focused (experimental change -- may not remain).
14. NEW: DLNA: Pushing audio files in "original format" from a JRiver server to a JRiver renderer will send along the R128 Peak and Volume leveling values. This allows the renderer to do the volume leveling (if the option is enabled in DSP studio).
15. Fixed: Media Center could crash when searching through WebGizmo or MCWS.

20.0.48 (12/11/2014)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: The current group for an expression like GroupCount(...) is the entire set of files in the current list.
3. NEW: Added 8x DSD as an output encoding.
4. Fixed: Possible crash when doing DSD encoding.
5. Changed: Added 24 bit LPCM file handling. Lack of it was preventing DLNA rendering of this file type.
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
7. Fixed: Text phrases in "Slow Motion Playback" context menu were not translatable.
8. Changed: Updated FLAC encoder and decoder to FLAC 1.3.1.
9. Fixed: Searching in WebGizmo for something with only one result would yield no results.
10. Fixed: In some cases (when the top of the channel group was changed) reordering a television channel group would break the channel group.
11. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Casio!).

20.0.47 (12/8/2014)

1. Changed: Improved the responsiveness of audio sync correction when starting video playback.
2. Changed: Bumped an internal version counter for internal reasons.

20.0.46 (12/5/2014)

1. Fixed: DLNA bug in the ALL zones deletion function.

20.0.45 (12/4/2014)

1. Changed: Hidden zones are no longer shown in the 'Overview' view.
2. Changed: The option to move sidecar files looks to see if the record it finds is in the removed database and then moves the file if it is.
3. NEW: DLNA rendering (dynamic) zones can be deleted (one or all) by right-clicking on "Playing Now".
4. Changed: Normal right-Click zone deletion (Local Zones) doesn't include dynamic zones (they couldn't be deleted there anyway).
5. NEW: "Playing From" adds the ability to [b/]delete dynamic servers (Library and DLNA)[/b] via right click menu and menu buttons.
6. Fixed: Closing the program with a dialog open by right-clicking the tray icon could lead to a crash.
7. Fixed: Using the Display View OSD to select a Blu-ray title will properly save the selection for subsequent playback.
8. Changed: Running a program from Theater View starts the batch file to run hidden.
9. Fixed: Slow-motion TV playback on some sytems when playing a television show that was currently being recorded.
10. NEW: DLNA: Dynamic entries refresh option added to the Right-Click Playing Now menu (triggers a DLNA M-SEARCH).

20.0.44 (12/1/2014)

1. Fixed: Importing audio files with a CUE side-car would mistakenly import duplicate files.
2. Changed: Importing CUE files will automatically migrate library entries to the new format.
3. Changed: The new CUE format is only used when required, for example on large audio files which are split into multiple tracks with the CUE, but not on files which are already split.
4. Fixed: The WDM driver was appearing as a choice for WASAPI and Direct Sound.
5. Changed: Improved device detection logic.
6. Changed: The wave feeder will try to allocate memory after doing a compact a second time if it fails the first.
7. Changed: Updated Thai translation (thanks Nitinun!).
8. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Luca!).
9. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir Eremenko!).

20.0.43 (11/25/2014)

1. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: The WDM driver allows multi-channel audio again by mimicking an HDMI audio device.
3. Fixed: The TV Set-top box channel IR emitter setup wizard could crash if a user switched to a non-English language.
4. Fixed: Clearing "Now playing" from a remote will not pop up a confirmation box now.

20.0.42 (11/21/2014)

1. Fixed: DLNA: MC as renderer, when receiving a SetNextAVtransportURI, MC was allowing the playlist to grow beyond 2 items which is incorrect. This caused playlist sync issues.
2. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller, fix bug in event send when changing playlist position 1.
3. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller timing issue, make sure the first track is playing (for at least 5 seconds) before doing the SetNextAVTransportURI function.
4. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller, when playlist position current +1 changes send a new SetNextAVTransportURI to devices that support it.
5. Fixed: The change from 20.0.31 (Back out library server hiding when the library is empty introduced in 19.0.71) missed the library server visibility (it was showing the DLNA servers).
6. Fixed: MC did not release CableCARD tuners (such as HDHomeRun Prime) correctly when it finished using them.
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

20.0.41 (11/20/2014)

1. Fixed: The 'Folder Settings' dialog didn't scale nicely with a big size or for Retina mode.
2. Fixed: The checkbox on the bottom of a popup didn't scale nicely with a big size or for Retina mode.
3. Fixed: Putting the command prompt (cmd.exe) in the Theater View options didn't work.
4. Changed: Updated French translation file (thanks Morand Studer).
5. Changed: The text below the guide in Theater View has room for four lines of text instead of two.
6. NEW: Added Options > Audio > Advanced > Disable dither to disable any dithering in the playback engine.
7. Fixed: Web links were not showing in the embedded browser unless the refresh button was clicked.

20.0.40 (11/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Right-clicking the column header of the Analyze Audio dialog would bring MC back to the foreground and show the menu there.
2. Fixed: Removed CUE files would get reimported by auto import.
3. Fixed: The list drawing in the Fill Properties From Filename tool wasn't right.
4. Fixed: The option 'Move all files in folder' didn't load and save with a preset properly.
5. Fixed: A typo on the clear playing now dialog.
6. Changed: When clicking "Priority" column header of "Recording Rules" list, the list is sorted by priority value, instead of priority string value.
7. Changed: Updated all translation files from the source code (so the latest strings are included).

20.0.39 (11/17/2014)

1. Changed: The logging dialog has a button to view the current log.
2. Fixed: Some untranslatable text in various areas.
3. NEW: The search box keeps a list of recent searches and shows them when the menu is shown.
4. Changed: The variable MC.Version no longer has a .0 at the end.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. NEW: Added Connect to Remote Library to the library menu.  It shows the add library dialog to add the library and load it.
7. NEW: Added the option 'Move all files in folder (including non-imported files)' to the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog.  This moves sidecars, folder.jpg, etc.
8. Changed: Removed Netflix support since their public API closed down on 11/14/2014.
9. Changed: Added a 'New / Improved This Version' link to the help menu.
10. NEW: 'Watched Videos' is a default smartlist.
11. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Luciano).
12. NEW: Added MCWS Library/List and Library/Load to list and load libraries.
13. Changed: Made the text labels in the Action Window a little wider.

20.0.38 (11/13/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
2. Fixed: A few items in "Share to web" Action Windows were not translatable.
3. Fixed: The text drawing in a list does a better job of text truncation (previously it would break on full words instead of showing part of a word).
4. NEW: Added a couple keyboard shortcuts: F6: Rename, Move, & Copy Files; F12: Fill Properties From Filename.
5. Changed: Added a confirmation box to the Clear Playing Now command.
6. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
7. NEW: A toolbar button 'Toggle Tooltips' can be added to the toolbar.
8. Changed: Analyzer DSP uses the color of each line for the text of the volume level.
9. Fixed: The labels in the Tag Action Window would all be full width and not leave enough room for the edit value.
10. Changed: (Internal change) Updated country code list for television.
11. Changed: If user has not selected a country for television playback, MC will use Windows systems default.
12. Changed: Added zones to the tray icon menu.
13. Changed: Made the mute command the top command in the volume menu.
14. Changed: The article $ doesn't require a space after it to be ignored for sorting.

20.0.37 (11/12/2014)

1. Changed: Added the movie categories Movies and TV Shows to YouTube in Theater View.
2. Changed: Another try at driver building.

20.0.36 (11/12/2014)

1. Changed: Added the movie categories Education, Gaming, News, and Sports to YouTube in Theater View.
2. Fixed: Possible fix for visualization crashes (feedback needed).

20.0.35 (11/11/2014)

1. Fixed: Possible fix for visualization crashes (feedback needed).

20.0.34 (11/11/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Thai translation (thanks Nitinun).
2. Changed: Bitdepth and samplerate are reported in the tooltip.
3. Fixed: After removing a file from the playlist in the Action Window, the columns would snap to the wrong size.
4. Fixed: MC could crash when unloading television tuners.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Changed: Tag Action Window text labels could be too small when running with a large size setting.
7. Changed: Changed how MC handles low disk space condition in television recording.
8. Fixed: The settings of some DSP plugins (eg. Effects) did not load properly when a DSP preset was automatically loaded during playback.
9. Changed: Added 'Clear Playing Now' to the right-click menu of the Playing Now list.
10. Changed: The WDM output device is called "JRiver Media Center 20" instead of the generic "Speakers".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

Re: Media Center 20.0.49 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:59:29 pm »

"Changed: Spacebar always fires play / pause instead of only when full screen is focused (experimental change -- may not remain)."

Been using this all day since I grabbed .49 this morning. Works sweet. Have done my usual MC kinda day (tagging, updating. moving stuff etc etc) with no conflict to the spacebar as of yet.

Love the one press start/pause!

VP

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:49:26 pm »

13. Changed: Spacebar always fires play / pause instead of only when full screen is focused (experimental change -- may not remain).

This should really be configurable, so it can be defeated.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 07:21:56 pm »

This should really be configurable, so it can be defeated.

Why would you need to "defeat" it?  I have been going about all my normal business in .49 today and haven't had a single issue with the spacebar getting in the way of anything else.

Is there an even better easier way to toggle transport control? If so - do tell.

VP

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:38:11 am »

Why would you need to "defeat" it?  I have been going about all my normal business in .49 today and haven't had a single issue with the spacebar getting in the way of anything else.

Is there an even better easier way to toggle transport control? If so - do tell.

I don't think there is one right way.... but everyone has a preference.  The space bar is just too easy to hit accidentally for me.  If I understand it right. the space bar will stop/start play when MC is in focus, but not if one is editing a field?  It's not natural to me and I'll stop/start the music unintentionally.   The experimental space feature means MC can be minimized and the space bar still works until some other pgm is focused.  That means with MC minimized, one can't tell if the space bar will control MC or not.

(I have toolbar buttons I use for MC playback control and IR remote controls all over the house)

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:50:19 am »

I don't think there is one right way.... but everyone has a preference.  The space bar is just too easy to hit accidentally for me.  If I understand it right. the space bar will stop/start play when MC is in focus, but not if one is editing a field?  It's not natural to me and I'll stop/start the music unintentionally. (I have toolbar buttons I use for MC playback control and IR remote controls all over the house)

Fair enough. However transport start/stop via spacebar is pretty much an industry standard in most pro level audio apps and has been forever - so it should not be a strange vibe. Maybe to you it is - but many have added a thumbs up to this addition.

And as Matt stated - this only applies when MC is full focus and never when doing anything in the interface (obscure use of spacebar refs may still be discovered but I have yet to hit anything).

Personally - there is no way anyone will ever convince me that this method has any negatives when compared to having to "click" anything like a toolbar button - which I find to be a complete PITA. I do not want to have to reach for a mouse every five seconds to do anything in MC. And the current key combination of CTRL-P is even worse.  Just try to dial that in quickly if the music is playing loud and the phone rings:)

And yes - 100% agree that MC is lonnnnnggggg overdue for a global keyboard shortcut manager - where we could to assign our specific references to whatever keys we want.

Cheers,

VP

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 09:58:38 am »

And as Matt stated - this only applies when MC is full focus and never when doing anything in the interface (obscure use of spacebar refs may still be discovered but I have yet to hit anything).

If I minimize MC with all other progams minimized too,  the space bar still controls MC.  That is what I find objectionable.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 10:03:02 am »

If I minimize MC without selecting any other pgm to be in focus, the space bar still controls MC.  That is what I find objectionable.

Isn't that what it should do? That's what I would want it to do.

But if you are minimizing MC and not giving focus to anything else (simply letting MC play I assume) - is there some other need or conflict with the spacebar?

I am clearly missing something....

VP

jherbert

• World Citizen
Changes to definition of "album"
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 11:09:46 am »

The latest built seems to have introduced changes to the definition of album that leads to confusing results:

- I use multiple entries in the artist field, seperated by ";".
- I use mixed file types in one single album (mp3/m4a)
- I use expand to full albums

Both resulted in a single album until now when the first artist in the list was the same.

Now MediaCenter shows an odd behaviour: In an album with 9 Tracks the tracks are grouped by file type, the mp3 group containing of 2 Tracks with artists "Machine Mass; Dave Liebman" and "Machine Mass" resulting in "Multiple Artists" for album artist auto. The other group consists of m4a files with artist "Machine Mass" resulting in "Machine Mass" for album artist auto.

In addition, MediaCenter merges albums that have no connection whatsoever except for the album title: I added an album named "Edge" by "Takuya Kuroda" which now shows up together with an album of the same name by Lenny White. I use expand to full albums, but jriver over the years has never ever shown this effect.

My library is pretty large, and I need a reliable tol to organize it.

Iznogūd

• Recent member
  • I'm trying to learn
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 11:20:00 am »

It seems to me that the madVR v0.87.11 package included with 20.0.49 could be damaged or incomplete. After upgrading, MC does its usual "adding required components" thing but madVR isn't engaging. It reverts to EVR instead.

I've checked the madVR folder and there are a number of files missing (madVR.ax amongst them).

Then I've deleted this folder and installed back MC 20.0.48, and, sure enough, madVR happily downloads and runs v0.87.10. I repeat the update to 20.0.49 and here we go again — no madVR.

At the end, after shutting down MC completely (including Media Server) I've installed madVR 87.11 manually and it works OK.

Ernest

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 11:27:33 am »

It seems to me that the madVR v0.87.11 package included with 20.0.49 could be damaged or incomplete. After upgrading, MC does its usual "adding required components" thing but madVR isn't engaging. It reverts to EVR instead.

I've checked the madVR folder and there are a number of files missing (madVR.ax amongst them).

Then I've deleted this folder and installed back MC 20.0.48, and, sure enough, madVR happily downloads and runs v0.87.10. I repeat the update to 20.0.49 and here we go again — no madVR.

At the end, after shutting down MC completely (including Media Server) I've installed madVR 87.11 manually and it works OK.

Ernest

That's really weird because I can run Red October HQ without issue.

I just tried deleting the folder so it'd download again, and playback started right away after the download.

Thoughts?

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 11:27:47 am »

I tried myself just now, and it appears the server it downloads from seems rather slow right now. I wonder if it timed out. If it did, it should try again on the next video though.
After taking quite some time, it did work however.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Dave_NW

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 12:47:26 pm »

Hardware accelerate video decoding not default enabled for Red October Standard

Running PC 32 bit Vista, video from default  MC20.0.49  would only play .avi badly and crashed trying to play .mov or .mp4. Checked  MC19 default settings and of course Hardware accelerate was enabled but not on MC20.0.49 or  MC20.0.48.  Easy to fix of course but essential for those of us not running the fastest PC's.

Iznogūd

• Recent member
  • I'm trying to learn
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 01:23:24 pm »

@ Matt, Hendrik

After reading your posts, I've tried it once more and this time has worked flawlessly. I don't know what caused the issue, maybe the server timing out, as Hendrik suggested.

Indeed it seemed odd that nobody else would have noticed it!

Thank you!

Ernest

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 06:53:56 pm »

Same issue here.  Manually installing madVR fixed it.

ypslon

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:34:36 pm »

Isn't that what it should do? That's what I would want it to do.

But if you are minimizing MC and not giving focus to anything else (simply letting MC play I assume) - is there some other need or conflict with the spacebar?

I am clearly missing something....

VP

Spacebar will not work (minimizing MC) unless nothing else is touched. So I agree with you, there's no conflict.

Most of the times that's the way I use MC. Only for audio and minimized. It would be nice to be able to classify musics from the taskbar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up