INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.54 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 8183 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.54 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:11:12 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200054.exe

20.0.54 (1/9/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
2. Fixed: DLNA: DSD files > 1X when used with the DoPE switch were getting the sample rate wrong so the file duration would be short (1/2, 1/4, etc).
3. Fixed: Chromium engine was not working properly on 20.0.53.

20.0.53 (1/8/2015)

1. NEW: Theater View artist backdrops load from the entire list of artists for a track instead of only the first artist.
2. Fixed: DLNA, missing xml namespace for the peak level and replay gain jriver specific fields. Caused trouble with other DLNA devices and controllers seeing our DLNA devices(ie BubbleUPnP).
3. Changed: The jriver namespace fields from jr: to jriver: to match the previous use of presenting the access key. A side effect of this is that all builds in use must be greater than 20.0.52 to use the volume leveling feature(this is only useful on a MC renderer from a MC server NOT doing conversion).
4. Changed: The spacebar isn't translated as play / pause when a list control has the focus.
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.

20.0.52 (1/6/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan Oh!).
2. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks LLannis!).
3. Fixed: The example text on the license restore dialog was not translatable.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
6. Fixed: A couple of menu items in DLNA Controller Options were not translated.
7. Changed: Marked a few more strings as translatable.
8. Fixed: Using the Space key in a Web Browser control will no longer pause playback.
9. Fixed: Possible problems with video views specific to build 51.

20.0.51 (1/5/2015)

1. Fixed: Add Library > Browse would open the folder dialog in a non-modal way so that a second browse dialog could be opened (or worse).
2. Fixed: Updated the bundled Black on Black and Pearl Bailey skins to the latest version to resolve an incompatibility with recent skinning changes.
3. Fixed: DLNA: MC could crash when a DLNA view with multiple WMA files was requested (since 20.0.49).
4. Changed: Slightly improved rendering performance in Theater View list flows on Intel GPUs.
5. Changed: The Release Year is taken into account when acquiring Theater View background artwork for movies.
6. Changed: During import, the matching entry from TheMovieDB is selected based on the release year, if available.
7. NEW: Added the web service function MCWS/v1/Podcast/Delete to delete a Podcast by name.
8. Changed: The service registers its filename with quotes around it ( fixes a possible exploit http://www.commonexploits.com/unquoted-service-paths/ ).
9. Changed: Removed the option for fullscreen exclusive mode in Theater View.
10. Fixed: The image width and height fields didn't fill properly if the cover art was an external file.
11. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/File/Delete to remove a file from the library.
12. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Configuration/ErrorFreeMode to set the program into error free mode.
13. NEW: Made writing the tool name and version optional in Options > Audio > Advanced (it's strongly recommended that you leave this enabled).

20.0.50 (12/17/2014)

1. Changed: The Swap(...) expression has special handling for strings that end with Jr., Sr., I, II, III, IV, V.
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
3. Changed: Cover Art > Add From File opens at the location of the file instead of at the last folder used (but only if the folder contains at least one image).
4. Fixed: MC did not scan for program map table when playing clear QAM television channels, causing problems recording in .TS format.
5. Changed: For ATSC and QAM television channels, MC will try alternative ways to find audio and video packet IDs in case the usual method fails.
6. Changed: The space bar shortcut for play/pause is not translated in Theater View so that the search in some views works.
7. Changed: WebGizmo views say WebGizmo instead of Gizmo.
8. Fixed: DLNA: The new delete dynamic libraries functions was slow (generating too many M-SEARCHes).
9. Changed: Action Windows that are editing a playlist have a 'Click to view playlist' button at the bottom (the title text is also a clickable link).
10. Fixed: Importing CUE files would not reliably import the first track.
11. Changed: Empty playlists that have the name "New Playlist" or "New Smartlist" are purged when the program loads.
12. Fixed: The Image Width and Image Height fields were marked as hidden so that they wouldn't show up in a Smartlist.
13. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

20.0.49 (12/16/2014)

1. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.87.11.
2. Changed: Made it optional to increase the volume of DSD to PCM by +6 dB (Options > Audio > Advanced > Configure input plug-in > DSD input plug-in) (note that you need to reanalyze for volume level if you make this change).
3. Changed: Added a bunch more stock Smartlists (create using Tree > Playlists > Right-click > Add Stock Smartlists).
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
5. Changed: Another attempt at fixing the problem of MC not being able to use some multiple identical TV devices (tuners or capture devices).  Please test.
6. Changed: A few more strings are translatable that weren't before.
7. Fixed: 8x DSD output wasn't working (testing appreciated).
8. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Changed: Removed Options > Startup > Set volume because each zone has its own startup volume.
10. NEW: Added an Unswap(...) expression function that takes Last name, First name and flips them to First name Last name.
11. NEW: Added a Swap(...) expression that takes First name Last name and swaps to Last name, First name.
12. NEW: Added an image height and image width field that gets filled when thumbnailing.
13. Changed: Space bar always fires play / pause instead of only when full screen is focused (experimental change -- may not remain).
14. NEW: DLNA: Pushing audio files in "original format" from a JRiver server to a JRiver renderer will send along the R128 Peak and Volume leveling values. This allows the renderer to do the volume leveling (if the option is enabled in DSP studio).
15. Fixed: Media Center could crash when searching through WebGizmo or MCWS.

20.0.48 (12/11/2014)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: The current group for an expression like GroupCount(...) is the entire set of files in the current list.
3. NEW: Added 8x DSD as an output encoding.
4. Fixed: Possible crash when doing DSD encoding.
5. Changed: Added 24 bit LPCM file handling. Lack of it was preventing DLNA rendering of this file type.
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
7. Fixed: Text phrases in "Slow Motion Playback" context menu were not translatable.
8. Changed: Updated FLAC encoder and decoder to FLAC 1.3.1.
9. Fixed: Searching in WebGizmo for something with only one result would yield no results.
10. Fixed: In some cases (when the top of the channel group was changed) reordering a television channel group would break the channel group.
11. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Casio).

20.0.47 (12/8/2014)

1. Changed: Improved the responsiveness of audio sync correction when starting video playback.
2. Changed: Bumped an internal version counter for internal reasons.

20.0.46 (12/5/2014)

1. Fixed: DLNA bug in the ALL zones deletion function.

20.0.45 (12/4/2014)

1. Changed: Hidden zones are no longer shown in the 'Overview' view.
2. Changed: The option to move sidecar files looks to see if the record it finds is in the removed database and then moves the file if it is.
3. NEW: DLNA rendering (dynamic) zones can be deleted (one or all) by right-clicking on "Playing Now".
4. Changed: Normal right-Click zone deletion (Local Zones) doesn't include dynamic zones (they couldn't be deleted there anyway).
5. NEW: "Playing From" adds the ability to delete dynamic servers (Library and DLNA) via right click menu and menu buttons.
6. Fixed: Closing the program with a dialog open by right-clicking the tray icon could lead to a crash.
7. Fixed: Using the Display View OSD to select a Blu-ray title will properly save the selection for subsequent playback.
8. Changed: Running a program from Theater View starts the batch file to run hidden.
9. Fixed: Slow-motion TV playback on some sytems when playing a television show that was currently being recorded.
10. NEW: DLNA: Dynamic entries refresh option added to the Right-Click Playing Now menu (triggers a DLNA M-SEARCH).

20.0.44 (12/1/2014)

1. Fixed: Importing audio files with a CUE side-car would mistakenly import duplicate files.
2. Changed: Importing CUE files will automatically migrate library entries to the new format.
3. Changed: The new CUE format is only used when required, for example on large audio files which are split into multiple tracks with the CUE, but not on files which are already split.
4. Fixed: The WDM driver was appearing as a choice for WASAPI and Direct Sound.
5. Changed: Improved device detection logic.
6. Changed: The wave feeder will try to allocate memory after doing a compact a second time if it fails the first.
7. Changed: Updated Thai translation (thanks Nitinun!).
8. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Luca!).
9. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir Eremenko!).

20.0.43 (11/25/2014)

1. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: The WDM driver allows multi-channel audio again by mimicking an HDMI audio device.
3. Fixed: The TV Set-top box channel IR emitter setup wizard could crash if a user switched to a non-English language.
4. Fixed: Clearing "Now playing" from a remote will not pop up a confirmation box now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cdwinans

Re: Media Center 20.0.54 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:26:25 pm »

OK.  Loaded ver54.  Still getting  A: (floppy drive) constant seeking.  ver 47 ver didn't do this.
Plain vanilla Window 7 pro 32 bit.  MC only programming running.
Craig

EpF

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:24:24 am »

When grouping Artist with a group size of 1, 2-letter words are being ignored, resulting in De La Soul being grouped under "S"

eternaloptimist

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:18:34 pm »

Not sure if this bug is new....
I have multiple Radio streaming links grouped under a playlist "Radio stations". Most are aac streams.
When one stream is started, if I try and change to play either a local file or another stream by EITHER directly clicking on the file / stream OR if just paused (via the desktop application or JRemote), then JRiver either crashes or then stalls at "waiting".
If, however, the stream is stopped (which is possible on the JRiver application but not via JRemote) then a new file / stream started, all is fine.....
Cheers.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »

When grouping Artist with a group size of 1, 2-letter words are being ignored, resulting in De La Soul being grouped under "S"

Do you have "ignore articles" checked and have you looked at the list of ignored articles?  I ask because both "De" and "La" are in the default list of articles.

WXB

"Skin Manager" button not working on toolbar - 20.0.54 fresh install
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:31:20 am »

I just loaded 54.  I added the "Skin Manager" button to the toolbar and it doesn't work (i.e. nothing happens when clicked).  I tried it on both the top and bottom toolbars.  Right-clicking gives "Execute: Skin Manager" as an option but this also does nothing.

I also added the "Import" button to see if any buttons were working and it works fine.

Gary

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 07:35:09 am »

I didn't think there was a skin manager any more.  Am I mistaken?

WXB

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 08:19:57 am »

I couldn't tell you as I just recently started using it.  If not, it looks like there was an oversight in removing the toolbar button for it. 

Do users submit issues directly into your tracking system or just pass them along via a forum post (and, if so, what forum)?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 10:30:20 am »

I couldn't tell you as I just recently started using it.  If not, it looks like there was an oversight in removing the toolbar button for it. 

Do users submit issues directly into your tracking system or just pass them along via a forum post (and, if so, what forum)?

You're doing it right posting your issues with the build here in the build thread.

This one will be solved next build:
Fixed: Skin Manager was an available toolbar button even though the skin manager has been retired.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 10:42:04 am »

This is a feature!  MC is smart about ignoring articles.

You can turn if off if you prefer:
Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Ignore articles

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 11:29:37 am »

Split some posts to two new threads.

EpF

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 12:34:49 pm »

This is a feature!  MC is smart about ignoring articles.

You can turn if off if you prefer:
Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Ignore articles
Hi Matt - good to see you back! I know you've been back a while now, but I haven't been around much.

Regarding how smart MC is: As in my example, it's not that smart  ;). The problem is that I do want to ignore articles, but I don't want 'De' and 'La' to be ignored in De La Soul. I know there's no solution for this within MC now (other than to write my own expression), but is this something that could be looked at? I get that 'La' could be an article in another language, but if I had an album in my library called 'La Bamba', as an English-speaker I would want it to show up under 'L' rather than 'B'. Might it be possible to add an option to MC to define what qualifies as an article?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 01:03:19 pm »

Might it be possible to add an option to MC to define what qualifies as an article?

This is there.

Options > Tree & View > Articles

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 03:07:59 pm »

Hi Matt - good to see you back! I know you've been back a while now, but I haven't been around much.

Regarding how smart MC is: As in my example, it's not that smart  ;). The problem is that I do want to ignore articles, but I don't want 'De' and 'La' to be ignored in De La Soul. I know there's no solution for this within MC now (other than to write my own expression), but is this something that could be looked at? I get that 'La' could be an article in another language, but if I had an album in my library called 'La Bamba', as an English-speaker I would want it to show up under 'L' rather than 'B'. Might it be possible to add an option to MC to define what qualifies as an article?
Check this thread, especially the third comment from the bottom. I got it to work and it works fine. The trick is using a non-breaking whitespace. So, I ignore articles, but in special cases, like yours, I can "override" that option.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93677.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up