INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.62 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 15487 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.62 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:26:52 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200062.exe

20.0.62 (1/23/2015)

1. NEW: In the player display, you can use [Playlist Time Remaining] to show the remaining time of the entire playlist.
2. Changed: [Number Plays] is incremented for videos more consistently (at 90% or within 5 minutes of the end, but never before 50%).
3. NEW: Added 'Clear Played From Playing Now' to the right-click in Playing Now.
4. Fixed: The spectrum analyzer area would keep redrawing even once playback had stopped.
5. NEW: A television setup wizard to help users set up televsion more smoothly.
6. Changed: Rearranged some items on Options > Television.
7. Changed: TheMovieDB lookup supports titles in the format "[Name] ([Year])".
8. Changed: Pressing Enter on a field in Theater View File Info will expand it when it's cut-off, independent of it containing newlines.
9. Changed: Pressing Enter on an expanded Theater View File Info field will search for files that match this field.
10. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
11. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.61 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: In registration info dialog, license was sometimes displayed as a "master" type license when it was a Windows only or Mac only type license.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Both buttons on Options > Remote Control linked to the same thing.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: The JRiver WDM Driver can be turned off in General -> Features.
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
3. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. Changed: MC will ignore "WM/MediaOriginalBroadcastDateTime" or "WM/OriginalReleaseTime" tags that have values of "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z" or "0" when importing wtv / dvr-ms files.
2. Changed: MC will import "WM/WMRVEncodeTime" tag into "Date Recorded" field in wtv / dvr-ms files.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
4. NEW: Added a right-click 'Controls' section to Playing Now with Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous in it.
5. Changed: Switched 'Spinning up hard drive' to 'Spinning up drive' since it could have been a DVD drive, etc.
6. Changed: Switched Google account stuff from HTTP to HTTPS for syncing notes (please report any issues).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
8. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan!).
9. Changed: Audio only mode remembers features that were disabled originally so turning it off won't restore a previously disabled feature.
10. Changed: Updated Thai translation (thanks Nitinun!).
11. New: Support for a Master License

20.0.57 (1/15/2015)

1. Changed: MCWS/v1/Playback/Info returns the bitdepth.
2. Fixed: The playlist tree in Options couldn't be translated.
3. Changed: Updated all translation files from the source code (so the latest strings are included).
4. NEW: Added the Handheld option for M3U8 (relative paths) for a playlist format.
5. Changed: Audio only mode only hides (and later reshows) view schemes instead of deleting them.
6. Changed: Brought audio only mode back.
7. NEW: Support for importing location (Latitude/Longitude) from MP4 videos (ie. recorded with a smartphone).
8. Fixed: Skin effects weren't in the view menu.

20.0.56 (1/14/2015)

1. Fixed: Action Window Tag view to show the columns in the current view didn't work properly with category views (you might need to add / remove a column for it to start working).
2. Changed: Removed Audio Only mode (please make sure you turn if off before installing the new build).

20.0.55 (1/13/2015)

1. Fixed: Using [Channels] and [Sample Rate] in the player display area didn't work for videos.
3. Fixed: Skin Manager was an available toolbar button even though the skin manager has been retired.
4. NEW: MC will import many tags in wtv / dvr-ms (Microsoft Windows Media Center TV recordings) files.
5. Changed: Television has been moved to the root of the tree.
6. NEW: Added an option 'Audio Only Mode' in the View menu.
7. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work in some locations in recent builds.
8. Fixed: Changing country selection in television options did not take effect in recent builds.

20.0.54 (1/9/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
2. Fixed: DLNA: DSD files > 1X when used with the DoPE switch were getting the sample rate wrong so the file duration would be short (1/2, 1/4, etc).
3. Fixed: Chromium engine was not working properly on 20.0.53.

20.0.53 (1/8/2015)

1. NEW: Theater View artist backdrops load from the entire list of artists for a track instead of only the first artist.
2. Fixed: DLNA, missing xml namespace for the peak level and replay gain jriver specific fields. Caused trouble with other DLNA devices and controllers seeing our DLNA devices(ie BubbleUPnP).
3. Changed: The jriver namespace fields from jr: to jriver: to match the previous use of presenting the access key. A side effect of this is that all builds in use must be greater than 20.0.52 to use the volume leveling feature(this is only useful on a MC renderer from a MC server NOT doing conversion).
4. Changed: The spacebar isn't translated as play / pause when a list control has the focus.
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.

20.0.52 (1/6/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan Oh!).
2. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks LLannis!).
3. Fixed: The example text on the license restore dialog was not translatable.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
6. Fixed: A couple of menu items in DLNA Controller Options were not translated.
7. Changed: Marked a few more strings as translatable.
8. Fixed: Using the Space key in a Web Browser control will no longer pause playback.
9. Fixed: Possible problems with video views specific to build 51.

20.0.51 (1/5/2015)

1. Fixed: Add Library > Browse would open the folder dialog in a non-modal way so that a second browse dialog could be opened (or worse).
2. Fixed: Updated the bundled Black on Black and Pearl Bailey skins to the latest version to resolve an incompatibility with recent skinning changes.
3. Fixed: DLNA: MC could crash when a DLNA view with multiple WMA files was requested (since 20.0.49).
4. Changed: Slightly improved rendering performance in Theater View list flows on Intel GPUs.
5. Changed: The Release Year is taken into account when acquiring Theater View background artwork for movies.
6. Changed: During import, the matching entry from TheMovieDB is selected based on the release year, if available.
7. NEW: Added the web service function MCWS/v1/Podcast/Delete to delete a Podcast by name.
8. Changed: The service registers its filename with quotes around it ( fixes a possible exploit http://www.commonexploits.com/unquoted-service-paths/ ).
9. Changed: Removed the option for fullscreen exclusive mode in Theater View.
10. Fixed: The image width and height fields didn't fill properly if the cover art was an external file.
11. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/File/Delete to remove a file from the library.
12. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Configuration/ErrorFreeMode to set the program into error free mode.
13. NEW: Made writing the tool name and version optional in Options > Audio > Advanced (it's strongly recommended that you leave this enabled).

20.0.50 (12/17/2014)

1. Changed: The Swap(...) expression has special handling for strings that end with Jr., Sr., I, II, III, IV, V.
3. Changed: Cover Art > Add From File opens at the location of the file instead of at the last folder used (but only if the folder contains at least one image).
4. Fixed: MC did not scan for program map table when playing clear QAM television channels, causing problems recording in .TS format.
5. Changed: For ATSC and QAM television channels, MC will try alternative ways to find audio and video packet IDs in case the usual method fails.
6. Changed: The space bar shortcut for play/pause is not translated in Theater View so that the search in some views works.
7. Changed: WebGizmo views say WebGizmo instead of Gizmo.
8. Fixed: DLNA: The new delete dynamic libraries functions was slow (generating too many M-SEARCHes).
9. Changed: Action Windows that are editing a playlist have a 'Click to view playlist' button at the bottom (the title text is also a clickable link).
10. Fixed: Importing CUE files would not reliably import the first track.
11. Changed: Empty playlists that have the name "New Playlist" or "New Smartlist" are purged when the program loads.
12. Fixed: The Image Width and Image Height fields were marked as hidden so that they wouldn't show up in a Smartlist.
13. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Media Center 20.0.62 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 05:36:45 pm »

noticing on clients all on .62 (coming from .47) that our hidden library is no longer hidden, and when trying to connect to that library that jriver is auto connecting, even though this particular library remember password/id has never been checked.

I've tried deleting the library and re-adding it, and every time it re adds it it just auto connects to it without asking for Id/Password/Authentication.

Thanks

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 07:55:55 pm »

I have reported this before.  Anytime I run an update it hangs when installing the WDM driver.  Using Windows 7.  I always have to restart the computer and run the update a second time.

It's getting really old.  This WDM driver should not be reinstalled unless the driver itself is updated.  At least give an option to not install the driver on an update.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:05:34 pm »

Probably security software preventing the install.  Please start a new thread if you still can't solve it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:55 pm »

It's getting really old.  This WDM driver should not be reinstalled unless the driver itself is updated.  At least give an option to not install the driver on an update.

You can now turn the driver off in Options > General > Features.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 08:55:05 pm »

You can now turn the driver off in Options > General > Features.
Thanks for this... It was getting really old having to change audio playback device upon each update for each PC.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 09:06:47 pm »

Appreciate the info Matt.  I've done so and will see on the next update.

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 12:55:38 am »

Hello,

about the [Playlist Time Remaining]

I have two Zones: Headphones and Player.

The Playlist Time Remaining appears correct at each song played at Player Zone,

but at the Headphones Zone I get the Time Remaining of Player Zone.

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 03:54:27 am »

[Playlist Time Remaining] just shows the remaining time of the current track, NOT the entire playlist.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 04:55:51 am »

Sort = Show Only Duplicates > Complete Album should filter out Dups that don't have a complete album? I'm getting Dups reported e.g. tracks 1,4 when I only want full albums.

I'm using AA [auto], Name, Album in addition.

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 04:58:29 am »

[Playlist Time Remaining] just shows the remaining time of the current track, NOT the entire playlist.

20.0.62 (1/23/2015)

1. NEW: In the player display, you can use [Playlist Time Remaining] to show the remaining time of the entire playlist.

Using the above feature, the problem I have is that
at the Headphones Zone I get the Time Remaining of Player Zone.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 10:22:09 am »

I don't know if this is the correct place to report this but after I downloaded and installed Ver. 20.0.62 today the program began running very slowly. I managed to revert back to Ver. 20.0.47 after finding that version in the download folder in Help. The program speed reverted to normal. I then installed Ver 62 again thinking something had gone wrong but with the same result. So I reinstalled Ver 47 and everything is fast again.  
I use Windows7 64bit and I have a fairly basic setup using JRiver to play music through my router via Ethernet (DLNA) to a PS Audio bridge. FLAC files only. Works great for me.  I'm not a very technical person so I haven't a clue what could be wrong. If anyone else experienced this, I would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Mistyoptic

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 04:00:12 pm »

I have a problem which shows on another thread to which I seem unable to reply..

My floppy drive a: seems to be constantly seeking since the latest update yesterday

Please someone tell me how to stop this?

Thanks

PhilD

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 09:44:19 pm »

Now when Media Center is running, my floppy drive is constanly being accessed (A:)

Seisteve

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 03:38:57 am »

Guys  Just did the upgrade but still I cannot use the Media Center Driver.... when I set it as default it shows it playing in the LED display but no sound.  I notice that editing the device it says it is connecting to Digital jack and not the Green sound card jack....  followed through on instruction given on this site but still nothing....

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 07:19:38 am »

Guys  Just did the upgrade but still I cannot use the Media Center Driver.... when I set it as default it shows it playing in the LED display but no sound.  I notice that editing the device it says it is connecting to Digital jack and not the Green sound card jack....  followed through on instruction given on this site but still nothing....
Please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.0

There are instructions in the first post.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 07:42:37 am »

I moved some posts on the new Clear Played from Playing Now feature.

Please don't start discussions in the build threads.   Just report confirmed bugs.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:01 am »

All of the "More Play Options" are still triggering Zone Switch and stopping playback.
E.g. music playing in Zone 1, and queuing up a video playlist in Zone 2, which plays to the same audio device. I used "Add (to beginning)" but I think all are affected.

JohnT

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 02:02:06 pm »

I have a problem which shows on another thread to which I seem unable to reply..

My floppy drive a: seems to be constantly seeking since the latest update yesterday

Please someone tell me how to stop this?

Thanks
Now when Media Center is running, my floppy drive is constanly being accessed (A:)

Please try the next build when it's available, it should fix this problem.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up