INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.66 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 9862 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.66 for Windows -- Available here
« on: February 04, 2015, 11:05:35 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200066.exe

20.0.66 (2/4/2015)

1. Fixed: Doing a play on a grouped artist, etc. tile would expand the files in a fixed way instead of using the sorting of the bottom list.
2. Changed: The WDM driver is only installed on Vista and newer (was probably causing an install issue on XP).
3. Fixed: There was quite a long delay at the start of audio CD burning and the main thread could get stalled for a while.
4. Changed: The string sorter doesn't interpret a dash as a negative sign unless it's right after a space or it's the first character in the line (should fix mystery sort issues with dash delimited data).
5. Fixed: MC could not play ALAC files with very high sample rate.

20.0.65 (2/3/2015)

1. Fixed: Number sorting was broken in 20.0.64.
2. Fixed: The capture device field of a capture-only television channel was erroneously cleared after it was viewed in Manage Channels tool.
3. Fixed: The capture-only television channel could not be edited or added manually in the Manage Channels tool.
4. Fixed: When moving selected channels up or down, on the Manage Channels tool, the selected channels might not stay visible after clicking the Move up/down button, because the list refreshed scrolled to the top.
5. NEW: The TV channels list on Manage Channels tool has two additional columns - "Favorite" and "Hidden".  One can select multiple channels and use the right-click menu to mass-change these attributes.
6. Changed: The buttons "Favorite","Not Favorite", "Hide", and "Unhide" on Manage Channels tool are removed.
7. Fixed: On Manage Channels tool the channel details of Capture-only channels were not completely shown.
8. Fixed: MC incorrectly favored STB channel among a group of channels, even though the STB channel was not on top of the group.
9. Fixed: License authorization wouldn't take a license code.
10. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Matteo!).
11. Fixed: When setting up DVB-S (or DVB-C) tuners, MC displayed checkbox text "The tuner is capable of tuning to DVB-T2" instead of "DVB-S2" or "DVB-C2".
12. Fixed: MC could crash when loading DSP presets on track change while the DSP Studio window was open.
13. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
14. Fixed: Some M4A files wouldn't decode (we're now checking for an 'mdat' header as well as an 'ftyp' header to denote mp4).

20.0.64 (1/29/2015)

1. Fixed: A mixed playlist of images and videos will transition to the next video from the image when flicking.
2. Changed: "Antenna" and "Cable" televsion channel types are renamed "Analog Antenna" and "Analog Cable".
3. Fixed: Some explanation text on "Capture Hardware" page of the television Setup wizard could be truncated.
4. Fixed: Television recording manager accessed disk drives every minute if a user had not configured television recording yet.
5. Fixed: Possible crash when switching sample rates with convolution (only maybe fixed, so please report).
6. Fixed: YouTube video playback was not working.
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
8. Changed: The automation call ProcessWebService(...) returns the response instead of just 0 or 1.
9. NEW: Added a new television channel type "Capture only" that can be setup using the Setup wizard.
10. Fixed: "Capture only" and "Camera" type channel setup using the television Setup wizard did not work.
11. Changed: The string sorter handles negative numbers in the special number handling code.
12. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Files/Current to get the currently selected files.
13. Changed: DSP Studio shows a warning when a Q value greater than one is entered into a shelf filter (and switches back to 1).
14. Changed: On Television properties page, the Devices list is moved to Advanced section, and a new Tuner Profiles list is added in its place.
15. NEW: The text visualization component uses expressions instead of only simple defines.
16. Fixed: The search suggestion box no longer hides when hitting enter to evaluate the search now (remember that Shift+Enter selects the first suggestion).
17. Fixed: When reconfiguring/editing an existing television tuner profile, the guide provider info was not filled in correctly in the wizard.

20.0.63 (1/26/2015)

1. Changed: Switched [Playlist Time Remaining] to [Playlist Remaining Time] for the playing display area.
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
3. Changed: Added a "Reconfigure" button on television Setup wizard.  Also added more instruction text.
4. Fixed: In the new Television Setup wizard, de-selecting a tuner from a particular profile did not take effect.
5. Fixed: Floppy drives were seeking continuously.

20.0.62 (1/23/2015)

1. NEW: In the player display, you can use [Playlist Time Remaining] to show the remaining time of the entire playlist.
2. Changed: [Number Plays] is incremented for videos more consistently (at 90% or within 5 minutes of the end, but never before 50%).
3. NEW: Added 'Clear Played From Playing Now' to the right-click in Playing Now.
4. Fixed: The spectrum analyzer area would keep redrawing even once playback had stopped.
5. NEW: A television setup wizard to help users set up televsion more smoothly.
6. Changed: Rearranged some items on Options > Television.
7. Changed: TheMovieDB lookup supports titles in the format "[Name] ([Year])".
8. Changed: Pressing Enter on a field in Theater View File Info will expand it when it's cut-off, independent of it containing newlines.
9. Changed: Pressing Enter on an expanded Theater View File Info field will search for files that match this field.
10. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
11. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.61 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: In registration info dialog, license was sometimes displayed as a "master" type license when it was a Windows only or Mac only type license.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Both buttons on Options > Remote Control linked to the same thing.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: The JRiver WDM Driver can be turned off in General -> Features.
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
3. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. Changed: MC will ignore "WM/MediaOriginalBroadcastDateTime" or "WM/OriginalReleaseTime" tags that have values of "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z" or "0" when importing wtv / dvr-ms files.
2. Changed: MC will import "WM/WMRVEncodeTime" tag into "Date Recorded" field in wtv / dvr-ms files.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
4. NEW: Added a right-click 'Controls' section to Playing Now with Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous in it.
5. Changed: Switched 'Spinning up hard drive' to 'Spinning up drive' since it could have been a DVD drive, etc.
6. Changed: Switched Google account stuff from HTTP to HTTPS for syncing notes (please report any issues).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
8. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan!).
9. Changed: Audio only mode remembers features that were disabled originally so turning it off won't restore a previously disabled feature.
10. Changed: Updated Thai translation (thanks Nitinun!).
11. New: Support for a Master License

20.0.57 (1/15/2015)

1. Changed: MCWS/v1/Playback/Info returns the bitdepth.
2. Fixed: The playlist tree in Options couldn't be translated.
3. Changed: Updated all translation files from the source code (so the latest strings are included).
4. NEW: Added the Handheld option for M3U8 (relative paths) for a playlist format.
5. Changed: Audio only mode only hides (and later reshows) view schemes instead of deleting them.
6. Changed: Brought audio only mode back.
7. NEW: Support for importing location (Latitude/Longitude) from MP4 videos (ie. recorded with a smartphone).
8. Fixed: Skin effects weren't in the view menu.

20.0.56 (1/14/2015)

1. Fixed: Action Window Tag view to show the columns in the current view didn't work properly with category views (you might need to add / remove a column for it to start working).
2. Changed: Removed Audio Only mode (please make sure you turn if off before installing the new build).

20.0.55 (1/13/2015)

1. Fixed: Using [Channels] and [Sample Rate] in the player display area didn't work for videos.
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
3. Fixed: Skin Manager was an available toolbar button even though the skin manager has been retired.
4. NEW: MC will import many tags in wtv / dvr-ms (Microsoft Windows Media Center TV recordings) files.
5. Changed: Television has been moved to the root of the tree.
6. NEW: Added an option 'Audio Only Mode' in the View menu.
7. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work in some locations in recent builds.
8. Fixed: Changing country selection in television options did not take effect in recent builds.

20.0.54 (1/9/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
2. Fixed: DLNA: DSD files > 1X when used with the DoPE switch were getting the sample rate wrong so the file duration would be short (1/2, 1/4, etc).
3. Fixed: Chromium engine was not working properly on 20.0.53.

20.0.53 (1/8/2015)

1. NEW: Theater View artist backdrops load from the entire list of artists for a track instead of only the first artist.
2. Fixed: DLNA, missing xml namespace for the peak level and replay gain jriver specific fields. Caused trouble with other DLNA devices and controllers seeing our DLNA devices(ie BubbleUPnP).
3. Changed: The jriver namespace fields from jr: to jriver: to match the previous use of presenting the access key. A side effect of this is that all builds in use must be greater than 20.0.52 to use the volume leveling feature(this is only useful on a MC renderer from a MC server NOT doing conversion).
4. Changed: The spacebar isn't translated as play / pause when a list control has the focus.
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 20.0.66 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:45 pm »

Hello,

I believe you are aware of this, but just a remind...
I am playing at the Overview pane with two zones Headphones and Live Player.
The variable [Playlist Remaining Time] at Live Player zone shows me the Remaining Time of "Live Player Zone",
but when I have selected the Headphones Zone I get again the Remaining Time of "Live Player Zone".

Thank you

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 01:21:00 pm »

Hello,

I believe you are aware of this, but just a remind...
I am playing at the Overview pane with two zones Headphones and Live Player.
The variable [Playlist Remaining Time] at Live Player zone shows me the Remaining Time of "Live Player Zone",
but when I have selected the Headphones Zone I get again the Remaining Time of "Live Player Zone".

Thank you

I think this will be sorted next build:
Fixed: [Playlist Remaining Time] wasn't zone specific properly.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:11:18 pm »

Thumbnail behavior has changed for me with this version.  I  have a section that is a mix of TV shows and movies, after installing 66, the TV show thumbnails (horizontal) are the same, but the movie thumbnails are very small.

Attached are screen grabs from the same Theater View section before and after .66

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »

Thumbnail behavior has changed for me with this version.  I  have a section that is a mix of TV shows and movies, after installing 66, the TV show thumbnails (horizontal) are the same, but the movie thumbnails are very small.

Attached are screen grabs from the same Theater View section before and after .66

It just picked a different ideal aspect ratio.  That's a little squishy based on a random sampling of the files.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 04:14:24 pm »

So that is the new 'normal'?  The screen grabs are from two different versions running the exact same library.  Is there any way to make the movies large again?

Update:  Note the movies are fine as long as I am in a 'movies only' section.  They have only become very small when there is mixed content.

Update 2:  As far as I can tell it only is happening in that one view that has a mix of movies, 16:9 TV and 4:3 TV.  Just went to my 'music video' section that is a mix of movies and 16:9 TV and it still has the large thumbnails as well.

Update 3:  Even weirder, this is only happening on the main library machine.  The machines that connect as clients still all have normal sized thumbnails after updating to .66

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 08:13:29 am »

Split the discussion about playback ordering here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95342.0

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 20.0.66 for Windows -- Bitstreaming problem
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 01:40:04 pm »

Normally, I use JRSS, but I wanted to check out the Expendables 2 DTS Neo:X soundtrack that is enabled when you bitstream DTS-HD MA to a Neo:X compatible receiver.
I went into audio options>Bitstreaming>Custom and checked only DTS-HD.

Upon playback, both Audio path and my AVR confirmed that the AVR was still getting an LPCM stream, which had all my DSP adjustments intact; in short the bitstreaming option is being ignored.
I confirmed this with a regular DTS-HD MA movie (without Neo:X embedded info). There too, there is no bitstreaming.

Next, I went back to the options and turned on Bitstreaming for HDMI. This finally worked to bitstream the soundtrack. Did DTS-HD only bistreaming get broken somewhere along the way?

[EDIT] The same happens with TrueHD too!

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 03:09:05 am »

I'm not sure if it's new to this build, but the "Sort all files by [tag] (removes grouping temporarily)" option when clicking on a header doesn't seem to work correctly any more.
Even though I selected [Track #] items are being sorted by [Disc #] first.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 08:42:03 am »

I'm not sure if it's new to this build, but the "Sort all files by [tag] (removes grouping temporarily)" option when clicking on a header doesn't seem to work correctly any more.
Even though I selected [Track #] items are being sorted by [Disc #] first.

Disc # always gets inserted in front of track # in all sorts.

From the code:
Code: [Select]
// link track number and disc number
for (int z = 0; z < m_sparySortCurrent->GetSize(); z++)
{
if (m_sparySortCurrent->Get(z)->GetIsField(MF_TRACKNUMBER))
{
CColumn * pSortInfo = m_pDatabase->GetColumnFactory()->CreateColumnField(MF_DISCNUMBER);
pSortInfo->SetPropertyInt(EP_SORT_DESCENDING, m_sparySortCurrent->Get(z)->GetPropertyInt(EP_SORT_DESCENDING));
m_sparySortCurrent->Add(pSortInfo, z);
z++;
}
}

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 09:23:19 am »

Hmm, looking at things again it appears that you can still do a "true" sort by Track # in Playing Now, but not regular views.
I don't recall that being the case before, but there's a good chance that I am misremembering that. It's not something which comes up often.

I just happened to be tagging things in such a way that I wanted to select both Track 1's, both Track 2's, both Track 3's etc. when making changes.

ljbarnhill

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 12:29:45 pm »

when I open MC I press the play button, this plays all my CD's. with 20.0.66 this no longer happens. I get a dialog box that states there is nothing to play. or when one album is highlighted and I press play, still no music. I re-installed 20.0.63 everything works as always. re-install 20.0.66, same issue when pressing the play button. nothing there to play. any help would be appreciated.

Len

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 04:46:13 pm »

I don't recall that being the case before, but there's a good chance that I am misremembering that. It's not something which comes up often.

I don't remember that either, and have [Disc #] explicitly added to all my views (which I think I wouldn't have bothered to do if it worked automatically).  Is this something new, Matt?

Seems like hidden voodoo that could potentially cause issues down the road.  Just sayin'.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 12:15:21 am »

YouTube playback is working great here.  Strange.

Are you sure you're running the latest:

20.0.64 (1/29/2015)
6. Fixed: YouTube video playback was not working.

Hi Matt, I just upgraded to 20.0.66.  When in Theatre View, I receive the glorious message of "Something went wrong with playback.  Details: The file could not be found. Check that the filename in the library ...."

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 11:05:46 am »

Why is it that when MC can handle several separate and different Libraries, changing the Import folders in one changes them for all?

IF I wish to keep and individual Library for Local files, one for Removable Drives, and one for Video only, I should be able to set the Import locations to separate drives/folders without effecting the other Libraries which are intended to use only the files in DIFFERENT Drive/Folders.

I recently set up a new library for this purpose, but upon returning to my main library I find that it is now pointing to the folders from the new library also.   >:(

This does not seem correct.
. . . the game is rigged

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »

Why is it that when MC can handle several separate and different Libraries, changing the Import folders in one changes them for all?

IF I wish to keep and individual Library for Local files, one for Removable Drives, and one for Video only, I should be able to set the Import locations to separate drives/folders without effecting the other Libraries which are intended to use only the files in DIFFERENT Drive/Folders.

I recently set up a new library for this purpose, but upon returning to my main library I find that it is now pointing to the folders from the new library also.   >:(

This does not seem correct.

There's a similar issue with auto-import rules on library clients "infecting" the auto-import rules on the library server.  It's probably a symptom of the same issue you're describing (regardless of what library is loaded, there is only one set of auto-import rules).

To reproduce the issue I'm describing:
1) On the client machine load a local library, and set up some auto-import rules that are different than the library servers's rules, and enable auto-import in background.
2) On the client machine, load the library server's library.
3) Put new media files in a directory watched by the clients "local" rules instead of the server's rules
4) Watch a new library entry show up on the server (often with broken links because the client is watching directories the server isn't).

The only workaround I've found is to either disable auto-import on the clients, or make sure the rules list is empty (neither of which helps with your problem).

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 01:01:24 pm »

There's a similar issue with auto-import rules on library clients "infecting" the auto-import rules on the library server.  It's probably a symptom of the same issue you're describing (regardless of what library is loaded, there is only one set of auto-import rules).

To reproduce the issue I'm describing:
1) On the client machine load a local library, and set up some auto-import rules that are different than the library servers's rules, and enable auto-import in background.
2) On the client machine, load the library server's library.
3) Put new media files in a directory watched by the clients "local" rules instead of the server's rules
4) Watch a new library entry show up on the server (often with broken links because the client is watching directories the server isn't).

The only workaround I've found is to either disable auto-import on the clients, or make sure the rules list is empty (neither of which helps with your problem).

I do not and have never allowed Auto Import to run, I uncheck that box and initiate my Imports manually via the available Customize Toolbar icon for "Import"
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up