INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer would slow down for no apparent reason  (Read 1604 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Computer would slow down for no apparent reason
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:51:22 am »

Just wanted to share an issue that I had with my computer over the last few months...

within days of upgrading to MC20, I started to have problems with my computer during which time it would slow down incredibly while typing.  I would have to reboot the computer several times a day.  This issue drive my crazy to the point that I decided it was time to reformat my hard drive and start fresh.  I installed my primary software (Office 2010, JRiver; (what else does one really need  ;D?) and ensured that all drivers were updated.  But again, the problem persisted.  But within a day the problem returned.  It was driving me crazy.  I downgraded to MC19 as my computer worked seamlessly with that version but again the problem returned.  I realized that the primary issue appeared to be a slowdown when typing.  I pulled out an old wired keyboard and plugged it in and behold, the problem disappeared.  I then realized that the issue appeared to be a bad USB port at the back of my computer.

It has now been almost a week since I stopped using the particular USB port - No slowdowns and everything seems to be working well.  I am simply writing this post to let others know that strange things can happen and it is not always MC's fault   :o

have a great day

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up