INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art flashes on screen before/after movie or Particle  (Read 2112 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Cover Art flashes on screen before/after movie or Particle
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:26:38 pm »

I started this same thread last summer in the MC19 subforum. I thought I would just start it again since recently I've been working on a smooth group playlist that works with images and video (adding audio is next  :)).

When starting movies, sometimes the cover art flashes on the screen before the movie and other times it doesn't. When playing a movie Particles in a playlist, the cover art flashes between Particles. Sometimes a Particle's cover art flashes after the Particle is played. By flashes I mean it only shows it for a split second.

Is there a way to turn off cover art from showing when loading video?

Hendrik replied:
When loading takes a certain time, it'll start showing the Display View with a loading background, which includes the cover art of the current video file.
However, it cannot really know beforehand how long it'll take for the file to finish opening, which means its certainly possible that it only shows for a brief flash until the file starts playing.

As such, its more of a feature than a bug.

At the end of the movie, it shouldn't really happen, as its supposed to switch back to the the navigation instead.
Maybe I get lucky and can reproduce this, but it sounds like a odd timing thing, its not like we intentionally do that.

Cover art is still flashing before and after Particles. It flashes a Particle's cover art after the Particle plays every time. Can we have the option to turn off the loading background? When showing a group playlist it is very annoying. Maybe it could be turned off just for group playlists. Adding a smooth fade to black between video items would be preferred.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover Art flashes on screen before/after movie or Particle
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:51:03 pm »

I narrowed this down. The flashing cover art only occurs with madVR as the renderer. When using Red October Standard, videos transition perfectly from one to the next. I've tried playing around with the madVR settings, but can't find a solution.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 06:27:56 pm »

An option for Display View to stay completely black rather than display the MC logo if nothing is playing, or cover art if it takes a second to load the next video, would be nice.

csimon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 06:38:42 am »

An option for Display View to stay completely black rather than display the MC logo if nothing is playing, or cover art if it takes a second to load the next video, would be nice.

+1

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:00:35 pm »

+1

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 06:12:06 pm »

I'm getting ready for RMAF 2015. We are using madVR so we can have a 3DLUT for the projector. I'm playing around with playlists and after each item in the playlist, the cover art of the item just played flashes on the screen.

Is there anyway this can be fixed before RMAF?
Pages: [1]   Go Up