INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver an SACD multichannel  (Read 4723 times)

volschin

• Recent member
JRiver an SACD multichannel
« on: March 09, 2015, 03:34:18 am »

Hi all,
I'm new to JRiver. I'm trying to play a SACD iso with multichannel via HDMI (WASAPI) to my Denon AVR-4520. With foobar2000 this works fine. I once set the preferable area to multichannel and if available it plays the multichannel tracks.

In JRiver MC 20.0.80 I only get stereo to my AVR. In the options I set the numbers of channels of source as output.

What I have to do to get the multichannel from SACD iso?

Thanks.

volschin

• Recent member
Re: JRiver an SACD multichannel
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:11:15 am »

Seems this was a newbie mistake.  :-X
I now found the correct way. Stereo is at the beginning of the titles and multichannel at the end. Is there a way to have something like the preferable area in the foobar2000 SACD plugin?

windhoek

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:28:36 am »

You could also create a new 'View' that will only shows content with channels greater than 2, this is what I do and it means if you create a new view instead of overwriting the original view, you can easily switch between the two from your navigation Tree on the left.

To set this up, click on 'View' at the top of the screen>scroll to Customize View>Set rules for file display>select 'Channels' in left drop down menu>select 'is greater than' in middle drop down>enter 2 in right drop down menu>click Apply>click OK. You should be prompted to save as a new view and do this. This view should appear as 'Artists Copy' in the menu tree in main menu and voila, with one click of a button you can view audio in stereo or m/c :)

sirkus

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:34:00 pm »

I asked this some time ago and didn't found any solution. How to hide stereo channels in sacd if it contains multi channels.
Multi views are not the ideal solution.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 03:20:22 am »

Unfortunately this is a difficult problem to solve.
It's easy enough to remove all stereo SACDs, but I am having difficulty figuring out an expression which will remove stereo SACDs only if a multichannel version exists.

The simplest solution may be the best, and you could simply delete the stereo tracks from your library.

Hilton

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 05:22:16 am »

Not sure what the problem is here, it's very simple to just split the album into 2ch and 6ch with a rename of the album like so. I've done this to all my SACD ISOs.

volschin

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 06:33:11 am »

I like this idea, except of the wrong track numbers.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 08:20:37 am »

Not sure what the problem is here, it's very simple to just split the album into 2ch and 6ch with a rename of the album like so. I've done this to all my SACD ISOs.
https://public.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2p8cmoYVrfZWGeTpm1lQdvGBvCK74PAZz9L5R9ynPE9k8X5c_CbAFpF8YD4vLBPB1UItFbwTRYOOFzwQQOupTGJfpUKX0klkDb_06uJ0Jmzgk/2ch-6chSACD.JPG?psid=1
You don't even need to rename them for that; I use a custom group which splits up my albums in that way. (along with a number of other tricks)
However that still displays them, which I thought was the issue here.

Tools → Options → Library & Folders → Manage Library Fields
Add New Field
Calculated Data
Expression:
Code: (_Header_Album) [Select]
<font size="10" alpha="0" color="ffffff">[Year] FormatDate([Date (Release), 0], yyyyMMdd) [Channels, 0] [Disc #] <//font>Delimit([Year],/]/ ,/[)[Album]Delimit(If(Compare([Channels,0], <, 3),,/ ‒/ Multichannel))
Now group by this field in your views.

I like this idea, except of the wrong track numbers.
Select the files, Right-click the selection, and then use Library Tools → Fill Track Numbers From List Order to fix this.

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 03:47:36 pm »

Hi,

I changed the genres: HighRes vs. HighRes Surround
Works perfect with isos.

Thorsten

gweefry

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 12:59:49 pm »

I eventually solved this by using the "Set rules for file display" option. 

Make sure that the equivalent multi-channel and stereo tracks have exactly the same name.
Under Customise View, Modify Results -> Sort by: Channels (z-a) and Name (a-z)
Add another modifier: Remove duplicates of:  Name

The effect is to bring up the multi-channel tracks first and, provided that the stereo ones are named identically, they won't show.

If, on the other hand, there aren't any multi-channels then the stereo ones appear by default.

Hope this helps.

Steve

volschin

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 05:58:34 am »

Hi Steve,
interesting solution. Will work sure for a single album, but will make problems for larger collections.
But I have seen, that Remove duplicates can have combined entries, so perhaps a combination of album and name could do the thing.

Thanks,
Veit
Pages: [1]   Go Up