INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last three movies stopped while playing, returned to Theater View screen  (Read 1721 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

Three out of the last 5 movies I played on my client HTPC stopped about 3/4 way through and then MC went back to the Theater View menu/screen - where I then selected the movie again and hit play-resume to finish watching.

There were no signs of a problem (no stuttering, etc.) prior to the movies just stopping. It's as if I hit the Stop button during playback.

I can't find any issues with my network (hardwired) and the server hard drives are working fine.

I did capture a log, but I can't (read it or) find the cause or place where the movie stopped) - I can't attach it, as the file is too large - I get this message "An Error Has Occurred!
Your file is too large. The maximum attachment size allowed is 1200 KB".

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

This has happened to me on occasion too.

CountryBumkin

bump.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should check or be monitoring to help resolve this problem?

I'm thinking there might be a delay in the Client receiving the data from the Server, so the program (movie) just stops. I'm going to try to monitor the network connection during the next movie - unless someone has a different idea.

Does the Client computer buffer (or cache) some amount of the movie while its streaming to compensate for heavy network traffic or lost data? If so where? (and I'll try to watch that file too).

eezetee

• World Citizen

CB,

I had some issues the other day that were similar in that my bartop jukebox was stopping.   Oddly enough, it was because my wired ports weren't done yet and I was using the microwave which was causing Wifi RF interference.    Check to make sure the network is indeed stable.  Also, how is the CPU/memory load on the server? Can it handle the transcoding in enough time for the client to not timeout?  Play different media types?

CountryBumkin

Also, how is the CPU/memory load on the server? Can it handle the transcoding in enough time for the client to not timeout?  Play different media types?

I have not had any reportable problems playing any of my movie rips (prior to this post) or with transcoding, that I know of and I have and I've been using MC for several versions now - although there could be something starting to fail on the Server or Client. I'll run memtest and whatever else I can find to test the Server and monitor the network activity with the next movie viewing.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up