INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-Ray Folder with Subfolder  (Read 2549 times)

Dredd

• Recent member
Blu-Ray Folder with Subfolder
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:35:56 am »

Hi,

my movies are stored in Blu-Ray structure Folders. Some movies (Lord of the Rings are stored in a Folder with Sub Folders.
Example:

Folder: Lord of the Rings
Sub Folders: Fellowship of the Ring
 Sub Folders:  Disk 1
                     Disk 2   
                   The two Towers
                     Disk 2
                   The Return of the king
                     Disk 2

How can i Display this structure in the Theatre View?
IŽll only get displayed disk 1 and disk 2 from every movie.

It should Display:

Lord of the Rings

If i click on it it should Display the 3 movies and when i click on one of the it should Display the two parts of it.

Is there a step by step tutorial for managing the views? IŽve searched the Forum but could not find anything that worked for me.

Thanks in advance.

Hendrik

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blu-Ray Folder with Subfolder
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 12:08:31 pm »

There is probably some fancy expression to do this - but I don't know to use expressions, so this is my method:

Go to Tools>Options>Theater View. Under items to Show click on Movies under Video>Movies>Movies. In the box under Details, click "Add" and add "Series".

Go to Standard View>Video>Files and add in the "Series" tag box the name of the series (like "Lord of the Rings Series"). If the series category doesn't show in default view, just right click on the column header and add it from the drop down box. You add or change entries in the tag boxes by clicking on the row to select it, then hitting F2 to go into edit mode. You can move left-right on the row with the Tab key and Shift+Tab key.

Now here's the part that stinks with this method... you have re-enter all of the movies' names in the "Series" tag box too even if its not part of series else it will show as series called "unassigned".

So you would have something like this: (remember that all the movies need to have either their "name" (if not part of a series) or the "series name" in the "Series" tag box. You can also sort the movies within a series view by assigning an episode number.

Top Level view of Movies - note the Series for Indiana Jones, IP man, and Iron Man

Lower level view after clicking on (opening) the Iron Man series

Dredd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 03:29:53 pm »

Thanks CountryBumkin,

it is a lot of work but it works well.

Have a nice Weekend

Hendrik

unkjr

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 05:13:41 pm »

Was going to try this but ran into a snag. My Library Theater View/video/movies/movies doesn't have the second movies selection. It also doesn't have two 'add' boxes under the details button. When clicking on the single add button it does not give a series selection, or in fact any of the selections in your pic such as 3d movies. Did they change things in the latest version, or am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks!!!

(My first choice on a wish list would be for JRiver to offer an easy way to group items in a folder, and use that folder in a view selection such as theater view, with the contents opening from the folder as described above. A variation on the 'Shows' series function would be fine)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 09:06:09 am »

The names/views I have under "Theater View" > Movies, are modified by me, that's why they don't match with what your seeing.
The default view is:
--Video
----Movies (level two)
--------Name  (this is level three in my description below)
--------Grid
--------Recent
--------Genre
--------Decade
--------HD
--------etc.
I delete the views I don't want (like Actor and Director) and created some new ones (like "Date (old to new)" by just changing the sort criteria of a default view and giving it a new name.

So in your case, if you want to do the "show movies' series" you would apply the steps I listed above to the "third level" (Name, Grid, Recent, etc., views). The easiest view to use, IMO, would be "Names" (and of course you could also rename Names to Movies if you wanted). At this level you will have the "Details Box" where you can add the "Series" field.
Pages: [1]   Go Up