INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Column Auto Sizing.... doesn't always work...  (Read 1253 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Column Auto Sizing.... doesn't always work...
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:53:46 pm »

Column Auto Sizing does not always work, but so far I can't find a repeatable pattern.

It always seems to work in PlayingNow, but I'll sometimes click in a playlist and the columns are all very narrow, then I click out of that playlist and then back, Auto Sizing works.

Has anyone else noticed this, or found a repeatable pattern to better report the issue?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Column Auto Sizing.... doesn't always work...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »

It always works for me.  Strange.

Can you figure out any rhyme or reason to when it doesn't work?  Anyone else?

Keep in mind that lists with a ton of tracks will get sampled so that auto-sizing isn't always perfect.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:53:36 pm »

Matt, I am still searching for a way to make it repeatable.  When it fails, the columns are too narrow to even guess an artist name.  I'll try and get a screen shot the next time it happens.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:04:57 pm »

Has anyone else noticed this, or found a repeatable pattern to better report the issue?
I have - though not in any repeatable manner.
Sometimes it looks like the view just started at the minimum width for the fields and I have to refresh for it to update.

I suspect it's related to background tabs after closing and re-opening the program with the "open last view" options but haven't done any specific testing.

DoubtingThomas

Re: Column Auto Sizing.... doesn't always work... SCREENSHOTS
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 11:37:06 am »

Matt,

Here is a screen shot of Column Auto Sizing not working, just in this playlist.  I can click to any other playlist, or PlayingNow, and then back to this one, and the Column Auto Sizing is not right.   It does seem to be this playlist with the issue (as best as I can remember)

I switched user and then the Column Auto Sizing was working right, even after switching back to the original user.

The Smartlist config...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 01:21:56 pm »

I switched user and then the Column Auto Sizing was working right, even after switching back to the original user.

You mean it stopped happening?  So sending a library backup would be useless for us because it doesn't always happen?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 01:31:14 pm »

You mean it stopped happening?  So sending a library backup would be useless for us because it doesn't always happen?

Right, after I switched users, the Column Auto Sizing worked in that smartlist, even when I switched back to the original user.

Before switching users, it was stay bad clicking out of and back into that smartlist.

I can't repeat it on demand, I can't find the pattern.  But if I figure out a pattern, I will for sure let you know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up