INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.100 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 10751 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.100 for Windows -- Available here
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:46:59 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200100.exe

20.0.100 (4/23/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
2. Fixed: The Tag Action Window properly shows the tags from a category details view in "Show Tags In Current View" mode.
3. Fixed: The height of the editing playlists in the Action Window pages was wrong on high DPI.
4. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis and transcoding.
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.65 (DTS-HD support).
6. NEW: Full support for native DTS-HD decoding.
7. Fixed: User entered supported file types for a WMDM type handheld would not be saved between runs of Media Center.  It was getting overwritten by the supported type list reported by the device during initialization.
8. Changed: MCWS/v1/Configuration/ErrorFreeMode responds with an ErrorFree indicator for what the current mode is after the change.
9. Fixed: The state of error free mode could be undefined when MC launched.
10. Fixed: Playlists transferred to WMDM handheld devices (like Android phones) were showing as empty.

20.0.99 (4/21/2015)

1. Fixed: Fonts could load at a funny size on a high DPI display.

20.0.98 (4/21/2015)

1. Fixed: The install was still not working on XP.  Another try.

20.0.97 (4/21/2015)

1. Changed: The camera database field is marked for videos as well as images.
2. Fixed: VST effects were not being properly applied during the beginning of tracks for DLNA or format conversions.
3. Changed: A decoded image is only saved to the RAW cache if it decoded at full size (might fix problems with images being too small -- please test).
4. Fixed: The install was not working on XP (made the flick scrolling stuff load on a new Windows API detector).

20.0.96 (4/20/2015)

1. Changed: If the WDM driver isn't selected as a feature, it'll uninstall it at install time.
2. Fixed: The default font size could be much too large on high DPI displays.
3. Fixed: When an LS client played a currently recording TV show, in TS format, that was the latest of a series of consecutive recordings on the same channel, the playback started at an earlier show, instead of the current show.
4. Fixed: When an LS client played currently recording shows, in TS format, sometimes the TS files were played instead of jtv files, causing playback to end prematurely since the player of TS files was unaware that the recordings were growing in length.
5. Fixed: Embedded CUEs in FLAC files did not import reliably since 20.0.77.
6. Fixed: Doing 'Remove Duplicates' with a search active would limit the results to only the search matches.
7. Changed: The Swap(...) expression finds the last space instead of the first space so that "My M. Name" becomes "Name, My M.".
8. Changed: Flipped the touch scroll direction.
9. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages, improves High-DPI behavior.
10. Changed: When clicking to zoom an image, clicking again will restore the zoom to full.
11. Changed: Click zooming on an image is a little less strong.

20.0.95 (4/16/2015)

1. Fixed: The width of configuring a Direct Sound dialog was too narrow on high DPI and the height wasn't right either.
2. Fixed: The 'Get Movie & TV Info' dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
3. Fixed: Improved wait messages a little bit on high DPI.
4. Fixed: The height of the Smartlist dialog would be wrong on high DPI.
5. Fixed: The 'Add New Rule' button on the Smartlist dialog didn't resize the controls properly if the window didn't change size.
6. Fixed: The column widths in the Media Network view didn't scale for high DPI (or with a large size factor).
7. Changed: The WDM driver is off by default (turn it on in Options > General > Features).
8. Changed: Scrollbar enlarging on mouse over waits a little before enlarging so that moving the mouse quickly over the list won't cause a flicker.
9. Fixed: Using Find and Replace in the Rename, Move & Copy Files dialog would incorrectly allow putting a space at the end of a folder name.
10. Changed: MC will try its best to honor custom video settings (such as audio renderer selection) for analog tuner or capture devices.
11. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Kentucio).
12. NEW: Touch screen scrolling works in list controls.
13. Fixed: A playlist wouldn't track the selected image during playback (so the selection wasn't the same as the last playing image when you returned).
14. NEW: The launcher takes the command /ClearPlayed and clears the played files from Playing Now.

20.0.94 (4/13/2015)

1. Fixed: The space bar didn't work in Theater View text entry boxes.
2. Changed: Revised upward the estimated bitrate from lossless codecs.
3. Changed: The number of channels is factored into the estimated conversion size.
4. Fixed: The group component of the benchmark was terribly slow for the last few builds.
5. Changed: Switched the control key to hold for switching images in a slideshow to shift (from control).
6. NEW: Pinch to zoom an image slideshow on a touchscreen works.
7. Changed: A single click on an image that's playing will zoom to the clicked region.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking an empty region of the list in Television > Recordings would crash.

20.0.93 (4/10/2015)

1. Changed: Rearranged some dialog window controls on the television setup wizard, so it will work better with larger user selected fonts (up to a limit).
2. Fixed: Some dialogs were a wacky size.

20.0.92 (4/9/2015)

1. Changed: The expand / collapse tree arrows didn't size nicely on high DPI.
2. Fixed: The file menu wasn't working in build 91.
3. NEW: When playing video with ComSkip, the Next button will advance to the next commercial end point.  The Previous button will return to the nearest previous commercial start point.  Not tested.  Please test and report problems.
4. Fixed: Dialogs could come out a wacky size because something was tampering with the return from WM_NCCALCSIZE.
5. Fixed: The "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog was cutting off text and controls at the bottom.

20.0.91 (4/8/2015)

1. Fixed: The about dialog didn't scale properly on a high DPI display.
2. Fixed: The 'Browse For Folder' dialog wasn't scaling nicely on high DPI.
3. Fixed: The Internet Explorer browser engine rendered content too small on High-DPI displays.
4. Fixed: The options "Delay between blasts" and "Blast Enter key after the numbers" on television IR emitter setup page did not stick (always reverted to the default values).
5. Fixed: Television setup wizard's IR Emitter testing blasted to all ports on all devices instead of selected device and port.  This could give the wrong impression of IR emitter setup was working when it was actually not set up correctly.
6. Changed: Took the ... off the Media Server menu entry since it doesn't show any confirmation.
7. Fixed: The right-click > Links > Manage Links dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
8. NEW: Third party DSP plugins (like VST effects) are now enabled for DLNA and format conversion.
9. Fixed: The television record and subscribe dialogs could be cut off.

20.0.90 (4/6/2015)

1. Fixed: When in Manage Channels tool, the "Playback Device" field of STB television channels could in rare cases be messed up.
2. Fixed: When editing an STB television channel, the changed "Playback Device" would not be saved.
3. Fixed: Web browser views would be the wrong size on high DPI displays.
4. Fixed: The 'Edit Remote Command' dialog wouldn't scale nicely for high DPI.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: The television recording dialogs didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
7. Fixed: Using a huge expression in the rename rules would throw the dialog's sizing off.
8. Changed: The Guide button on MCE remote control will also work if the Guide in Theater View is in a custom group "TV".
9. Changed: A change in playback engine that may possibly fix a rare crash.

20.0.89 (4/2/2015)

1. NEW: When configuring television recording subscriptions, one can modify recording anchor time (e.g. "Once per week near Friday at 2:00 pm" -> "Once per week near Thursday at 1:00 pm").
2. Fixed: Previously removed television recording files could not be removed from Removed database.
3. Fixed: Requesting a full-sized cover art image over MCWS for a file which doesn't have one could result in the entire media file being returned instead.
4. Fixed: When editing a previously created time-based television subscription, changing the program name field did not seem to have an effect (although it actually did, but just would not show when you went back to the wizard).

20.0.88 (3/30/2015)

1. Fixed: It required restarting visualizatons when switching the 'Display Quality' instead of just taking effect.
2. Fixed: The minimum height of a scrollbar handle would be too small on a high DPI display.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.16.
4. Changed: Option icons are scaled up on a high DPI display so they don't look too small.
5. Changed: The 'Fill Properties From Filename' dialog scales better on high DPI.
6. Changed: The 'Get Cover Art' tool didn't scale nicely on a high DPI.
7. Changed: The View > Size menu has a 400% option.
8. Fixed: Skins with a scale on the slider wouldn't draw the slider properly.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
10. Fixed: The height of the fonts in the player bar did not scale properly on high DPI.
11. Fixed: Fixed a little glitch in the Russian translation (thanks Kentucio).
12. Changed: If there's a custom library field created called Tootip and it evaluates to non-empty, it will be used for the text of the tooltip.
13. Fixed: The Manage Library Fields dialog wouldn't scale nicely on a high DPI display.
14. Fixed: Television setup wizard could crash if "Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k" is present on the computer.
15. Changed: Eliminated some unnecessary tuner initialization during television setup.
16. Fixed: Requesting a File List or Cover Art over MCWS for a very slow executing Smart List (ie. Missing Files) could result in all MCWS queries being delayed until the request was completed.
17. NEW: MC supports Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K video capture device.
18. NEW: Added an option when deleting television recordings "Do not track the files in Removed Files database".
19. Fixed: Requesting full-sized album artwork over MCWS from a client of another MC Library Server didn't work reliably.
20. NEW: The "SONGWRITER" tag is imported from CUE files as the "Composer" tag.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Media Center 20.0.100 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:29:11 pm »

Split some discussions.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:28:17 am »

I sent a log last night, but I can't open any submenus in the tree without MC hanging.

Also, Theater View is unresponsive for about 5 seconds after it is first started.

Edit: i think it's a Chromium issue. I've been running into this occasionally the last few months.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 10:55:02 am »

Also, Theater View is unresponsive for about 5 seconds after it is first started.
You might be able to resolve this by clearing an option setting.  Worked for me
Tools -> Options -> General -> Interface -> Show on Screen instructions (remove the check mark).

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 11:01:21 am »

Black on Black skin is still duff.  Does it need an external update by the creator.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 01:37:25 pm »

I'm not 100% sure it's related to the new dts decoder, but I just analyzed a mkv with a dts stream (5.1, 48kHz, 1536 kb/s) and it resulted in

StatusVolume Level (R128)Volume Level (ReplayGain)Dynamic Range (R128)Dynamic Range (DR)Peak Level (R128)Peak Level (Sample)
Queued47,0 LU52,00 dB0,0 LU10-85,0 dBTP; -86,6 Left; -86,1 Right; -86,9 Center; -144,0 Sub; -86,2 RL; -85,0 RR; -86,1 SL; -85,4 SR-85,1 dB; -86,6 Left; -86,1 Right; -86,9 Center; -144,0 Sub; -86,3 RL; -85,1 RR; -86,1 SL; -85,4 SR

Which when lead to +40dB for Volume Leveling.

Edit:
The said mkv is a rip of Big Hero 6, not a particular quiet movie.
I reanalyzed some older files and they were fine. I don't know whats different with this particular file. I demuxed the file and analyzed the *.dts files with jrmc and both language tracks have the same problem. If I extract a part of the movie using mkvmerge GUI it is analyzed with correct results. I normally would say my file is just corrupted, but as jrmc can play it without any problems, I think the analyze code has a bug.
As cutting it seems to fix it I can't supply you with a small sample file, but I would upload the whole 7,5GB file to my server and give you a link if you're interested. But only by pm, as I don't want to get trouble for copyright infringement.

Edit2:
I just checked the files on MC for Mac Version 20.0.87 and the analyze output showed the same wrong output. So the bug seems unrelated to this update. As I can fix the file with MKVToolnix, feel free to ignore the bug and delete my post ;)

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

The ICON for the time slider is a bit below the slot not centered as per previous versions

curiousMonkey

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 01:08:23 am »

If I turn off my preamp while audio is playing, MC20 crashes.
On the display I see a popup "Media Center 20 has stopped responding".

My configuration:
WDM audio driver using WASAPI with my Integra 9.8 via HDMI.

I believe this also happened the last time I ran build 99 (last night).
It is difficult to be certain because I turn off my projector before powering down other components.
I did lose a recording this evening because MC20 had crashed and displayed the same popup.
I loaded build 100 just to see if it was more stable.

I have also seen issues with the last few builds where video freezes but audio continues.
This problem is resolved by stopping playback and then starting it again.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 06:22:12 am »

In version 20.0.100 when I leave the pc unattended to play, after a few minutes it stops playing (in the middle of a track) showing "buffering".

I don't have any screensaver and I haven't configured the disks to turn off, but most importantly I haven't changed something else at my PCs except from the version of MC.

patented_licks

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 20.0.100 for Windows – not recognizing CDs
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 06:05:41 pm »

This is getting tiresome. MC 20.0.100 still often fails to recognize CDs. The only solution is to restart the program. This bug was introduced since 20.0.62, and has been there ever since.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 06:38:56 pm »

This is getting tiresome. MC 20.0.100 still often fails to recognize CDs. The only solution is to restart the program. This bug was introduced since 20.0.62, and has been there ever since.
I think the issue is that they can't reproduce your problem.  I'm not a dev, but CD detection is working just fine here and has never not worked.  I rip a lot of CDs (several dozen in the last few weeks) and it works fine everytime on the current builds.  Another user with a similar issue to yours recently discovered it was a driver problem with his external drive.  

Have you worked through Glynor's troubleshooting guide and/or submitted logs showing the issue? http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide
Pages: [1]   Go Up