INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.103 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 13368 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.103 for Windows -- Available here
« on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:20 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200103.exe

20.0.103 (4/30/2015)

1. Fixed: Dialogs would have too small of title text on high DPI (the fix could cause other problems, so testing appreciated).
2. NEW: Added more television subscription default option items on Television options property page.
3. Changed: Removed two redundant television recording default option items from the Television Options property page.
4. Changed: Updated the Z skin so that it supports scaling and high DPI.
5. Changed: "Configure Recording" in Theater View's Guide will go through each and every item to configure, regardless of user's choice in "Ask me about the following detail settings when scheduling to record in Theater View (defaults will be applied to all unselected settings)".
6. Fixed: Using Expression to Display in a Pane View did not work properly with all sort modes.

20.0.102 (4/29/2015)

1. Changed: Television subscription suspension options are moved into their own wizard page.
2. Changed: Updated the PixOS skin so that it supports scaling and high DPI.
3. Fixed: The 'Recent' list from the Expression Editor could be a funny height.
4. Fixed: Editing smartlists that had a date like evaluator would flip the sign or do other funny things.

20.0.101 (4/28/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir).
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/Library/List returns the name of the library separately, in addition to full description.
3. Changed: The television recordings list in the Standard view will have date and time fields completely shown for each recording, even if they coincide with the values of the recording right above.
4. NEW: A client streaming a live TV show from the server will send "keep-alive" signals to the server periodically (every 5 minutes).  The server will stop serving clients that have not called in for more than 60 minutes.  Note if video is paused on a client, the client will not send "keep-alive".  So live TV show paused for more than an hour will be stopped.
5. Changed: Filtering out the 'Device Support' videos from YouTube.
6. Fixed: When touching to zoom an image, then scroling the image by flicking, it would unzoom when the flick was released.
7. Changed: The popup messages are disabled so that hopefully they won't steal remote control input (testing appreciated).
8. Fixed: Mini View would be a funny size if it was shown when the window was maximized.
9. Changed: "Keep at most n episodes" option is not offered for setting up or configuring a non-subscription television recording.
10. Changed: Television recording/subscription wizard items were rearranged to make it work better with larger user-selected fonts (up to a limit).
11. Fixed: ATSC over-the-air EPG scanning left TV tuners in semi-cleaned up state and could cause problems with subsequent recording.
12. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
13. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
14. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
15. Fixed: Editing some fields in the new tag window would use too large a height (testing appreciated because it's possible other fields will now be a problem).

20.0.100 (4/23/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
2. Fixed: The Tag Action Window properly shows the tags from a category details view in "Show Tags In Current View" mode.
3. Fixed: The height of the editing playlists in the Action Window pages was wrong on high DPI.
4. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis and transcoding.
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.65 (DTS-HD support).
6. NEW: Full support for native DTS-HD decoding.
7. Fixed: User entered supported file types for a WMDM type handheld would not be saved between runs of Media Center.  It was getting overwritten by the supported type list reported by the device during initialization.
8. Changed: MCWS/v1/Configuration/ErrorFreeMode responds with an ErrorFree indicator for what the current mode is after the change.
9. Fixed: The state of error free mode could be undefined when MC launched.
10. Fixed: Playlists transferred to WMDM handheld devices (like Android phones) were showing as empty.

20.0.99 (4/21/2015)

1. Fixed: Fonts could load at a funny size on a high DPI display.

20.0.98 (4/21/2015)

1. Fixed: The install was still not working on XP.  Another try.

20.0.97 (4/21/2015)

1. Changed: The camera database field is marked for videos as well as images.
2. Fixed: VST effects were not being properly applied during the beginning of tracks for DLNA or format conversions.
3. Changed: A decoded image is only saved to the RAW cache if it decoded at full size (might fix problems with images being too small -- please test).
4. Fixed: The install was not working on XP (made the flick scrolling stuff load on a new Windows API detector).

20.0.96 (4/20/2015)

1. Changed: If the WDM driver isn't selected as a feature, it'll uninstall it at install time.
2. Fixed: The default font size could be much too large on high DPI displays.
3. Fixed: When an LS client played a currently recording TV show, in TS format, that was the latest of a series of consecutive recordings on the same channel, the playback started at an earlier show, instead of the current show.
4. Fixed: When an LS client played currently recording shows, in TS format, sometimes the TS files were played instead of jtv files, causing playback to end prematurely since the player of TS files was unaware that the recordings were growing in length.
5. Fixed: Embedded CUEs in FLAC files did not import reliably since 20.0.77.
6. Fixed: Doing 'Remove Duplicates' with a search active would limit the results to only the search matches.
7. Changed: The Swap(...) expression finds the last space instead of the first space so that "My M. Name" becomes "Name, My M.".
8. Changed: Flipped the touch scroll direction.
9. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages, improves High-DPI behavior.
10. Changed: When clicking to zoom an image, clicking again will restore the zoom to full.
11. Changed: Click zooming on an image is a little less strong.

20.0.95 (4/16/2015)

1. Fixed: The width of configuring a Direct Sound dialog was too narrow on high DPI and the height wasn't right either.
2. Fixed: The 'Get Movie & TV Info' dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
3. Fixed: Improved wait messages a little bit on high DPI.
4. Fixed: The height of the Smartlist dialog would be wrong on high DPI.
5. Fixed: The 'Add New Rule' button on the Smartlist dialog didn't resize the controls properly if the window didn't change size.
6. Fixed: The column widths in the Media Network view didn't scale for high DPI (or with a large size factor).
7. Changed: The WDM driver is off by default (turn it on in Options > General > Features).
8. Changed: Scrollbar enlarging on mouse over waits a little before enlarging so that moving the mouse quickly over the list won't cause a flicker.
9. Fixed: Using Find and Replace in the Rename, Move & Copy Files dialog would incorrectly allow putting a space at the end of a folder name.
10. Changed: MC will try its best to honor custom video settings (such as audio renderer selection) for analog tuner or capture devices.
11. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Kentucio).
12. NEW: Touch screen scrolling works in list controls.
13. Fixed: A playlist wouldn't track the selected image during playback (so the selection wasn't the same as the last playing image when you returned).
14. NEW: The launcher takes the command /ClearPlayed and clears the played files from Playing Now.

20.0.94 (4/13/2015)

1. Fixed: The space bar didn't work in Theater View text entry boxes.
2. Changed: Revised upward the estimated bitrate from lossless codecs.
3. Changed: The number of channels is factored into the estimated conversion size.
4. Fixed: The group component of the benchmark was terribly slow for the last few builds.
5. Changed: Switched the control key to hold for switching images in a slideshow to shift (from control).
6. NEW: Pinch to zoom an image slideshow on a touchscreen works.
7. Changed: A single click on an image that's playing will zoom to the clicked region.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking an empty region of the list in Television > Recordings would crash.

20.0.93 (4/10/2015)

1. Changed: Rearranged some dialog window controls on the television setup wizard, so it will work better with larger user selected fonts (up to a limit).
2. Fixed: Some dialogs were a wacky size.

20.0.92 (4/9/2015)

1. Changed: The expand / collapse tree arrows didn't size nicely on high DPI.
2. Fixed: The file menu wasn't working in build 91.
3. NEW: When playing video with ComSkip, the Next button will advance to the next commercial end point.  The Previous button will return to the nearest previous commercial start point.  Not tested.  Please test and report problems.
4. Fixed: Dialogs could come out a wacky size because something was tampering with the return from WM_NCCALCSIZE.
5. Fixed: The "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog was cutting off text and controls at the bottom.

20.0.91 (4/8/2015)

1. Fixed: The about dialog didn't scale properly on a high DPI display.
2. Fixed: The 'Browse For Folder' dialog wasn't scaling nicely on high DPI.
3. Fixed: The Internet Explorer browser engine rendered content too small on High-DPI displays.
4. Fixed: The options "Delay between blasts" and "Blast Enter key after the numbers" on television IR emitter setup page did not stick (always reverted to the default values).
5. Fixed: Television setup wizard's IR Emitter testing blasted to all ports on all devices instead of selected device and port.  This could give the wrong impression of IR emitter setup was working when it was actually not set up correctly.
6. Changed: Took the ... off the Media Server menu entry since it doesn't show any confirmation.
7. Fixed: The right-click > Links > Manage Links dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
8. NEW: Third party DSP plugins (like VST effects) are now enabled for DLNA and format conversion.
9. Fixed: The television record and subscribe dialogs could be cut off.

20.0.90 (4/6/2015)

1. Fixed: When in Manage Channels tool, the "Playback Device" field of STB television channels could in rare cases be messed up.
2. Fixed: When editing an STB television channel, the changed "Playback Device" would not be saved.
3. Fixed: Web browser views would be the wrong size on high DPI displays.
4. Fixed: The 'Edit Remote Command' dialog wouldn't scale nicely for high DPI.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: The television recording dialogs didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
7. Fixed: Using a huge expression in the rename rules would throw the dialog's sizing off.
8. Changed: The Guide button on MCE remote control will also work if the Guide in Theater View is in a custom group "TV".
9. Changed: A change in playback engine that may possibly fix a rare crash.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Media Center 20.0.103 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:45:02 pm »

With regards to the pop out play list scroll bar.  I've noticed the popped out wide bar seems to be using the same top/bottom white arrow images, which look very pixellated when the wide bar is showing.  And also, would it be possible to just smooth the pop out and pop in just a tiny bit to take the snappy edge of the effect.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

jack wallstreet

Tag Window still doesn't alway show correct tag list
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 07:48:04 pm »

For "recently imported," when  I load my customized view, the tag window temporarily changes to the correct tag list (in action window) and then (a second later) reverts to the normal list.  I can close and open the tag window and it doesn't correct the list.  However, switching a column on the view and switching it back continues to fix the tag dialog list.
John

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 10:36:02 pm »

right-clicking on a track in the Analyze Audio window causes the Analyze Audio window to get pushed behind the main application window.

helpme

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 05:24:51 am »

Still having problems with playlists syncing to android device (note4)

Playlist itself only syncs once. Any updates and the playlist disappears on the android device. Tracks remain but no playlist updating.

is this what was fixed in:-

"Playlists transferred to WMDM handheld devices (like Android phones) were showing as empty."

curiousMonkey

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 12:51:20 am »

I have noticed that ID-Tag data is not being displayed correctly after using Analyze Audio.
All of my files were originally scanned on April 12 and the ID-Tag data looks correct.
I have added about 40 files since then and none of them display the Dynamic Range and Peak Level information.

When I check Reporter, I am told that all 22500 files have been analyzed.
I tried scanning the files again and the ID-Tag data did not change.

I attached a screenshot showing the problem.
The album track on the left has all the information and includes a scrollbar.
The album track on the right has less visible information and no scrollbar.

HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck

I have decided to use only JRiver to watch television because of DSP and convolution to keep sync between sound and image.
However I have problems when switching channels using next / previous or using numbers or clicking a new chanel in the list. Mainly going from SD to HD I am loosing very often either the image or the sound.
In order to switch properly channels I have first to stop the channel I am viewing then go to the new channel.

Can you solve this small issue? Properly switch off the previous channel before going to the new one?

I've always had this problem it is not new to jriver 20

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

I have decided to use only JRiver to watch television because of DSP and convolution to keep sync between sound and image.
However I have problems when switching channels using next / previous or using numbers or clicking a new chanel in the list. Mainly going from SD to HD I am loosing very often either the image or the sound.
In order to switch properly channels I have first to stop the channel I am viewing then go to the new channel.

Can you solve this small issue? Properly switch off the previous channel before going to the new one?

I've always had this problem it is not new to jriver 20

What tuner do you have?  What country are you in?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 07:53:39 am »

right-clicking on a track in the Analyze Audio window causes the Analyze Audio window to get pushed behind the main application window.

Wow, that one took a while to figure out.  But next build:
Fixed: Right-clicking on the Analyze Audio tool would bring the window behind to the front.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 09:28:50 am »

This behaviour exists since MC 18, if i remember correct. This happens to me also sometimes when opening or changing dsp settings.
Would be nice if you could also take a look at this.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 09:45:17 am »

This behaviour exists since MC 18, if i remember correct. This happens to me also sometimes when opening or changing dsp settings.

It happens to me with DSP studio too when I'm doing a lot of clicking.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 09:48:48 am »

What behavior are you talking about?  I looked at your recent posts and didn't see anything.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck

What tuner do you have?  What country are you in?
It happens with both tuners Hauppauge  wintv or Aver tv volar green HD. I use only one tuner at a time. It happens only when switching to an HD channel or between HD channels. There is no problem between SD channels.
I am living in France.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

It happens with both tuners Hauppauge  wintv or Aver tv volar green HD. I use only one tuner at a time. It happens only when switching to an HD channel or between HD channels. There is no problem between SD channels.
I am living in France.

Please turn on logging and capture a set of log files.  Email the zipped package to me:  yaobing at jriver dot com
Thanks.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 11:12:40 am »

I believe this is a bug so I am posting it here :)

In case something else happens, please excuse my ignorance...

It seems that when I apply a preset to a parent playlist group(folder) the changes are applied also to other playlist-groups(folders) and even to some playlists, but to a certain depth-level (I think 3rd).

At the last level I can see that out of the 20 playlists, the changes are applied only to 5 (these 5 playlists are at the same depth level with the rest 15) .

I guess that what was meant to happen is when a preset is applied it will take effect at all the children playlist groups and playlists.

Also, could we have a dialog open asking if we want to apply to all children folders and playlists or not?

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 11:16:16 am »

What behavior are you talking about?  I looked at your recent posts and didn't see anything.

There was a thread months (or versions ago).

The DSP window, clicking on it in a certain way (IIRC making a setting) can cause it to go behind.

I'll try to get it to do it again and post the exact steps later today.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 12:55:05 pm »

What behavior are you talking about?  I looked at your recent posts and didn't see anything.

@Matt: I did a quick search. You can find my posts here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81627.msg556463#msg556463

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88373.msg606095#msg606095

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83249.msg568555#msg568555

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83249.msg568209#msg568209

Same problem as Frobozz described, but with DSP settings.
And i remembered it correctly. Bug since MC 18. No such problem until MC 18.

Onkyo TX-NR906

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 01:23:30 pm »

@Matt: I did a quick search. You can find my posts here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81627.msg556463#msg556463

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88373.msg606095#msg606095

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83249.msg568555#msg568555

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83249.msg568209#msg568209

Same problem as Frobozz described, but with DSP settings.
And i remembered it correctly. Bug since MC 18. No such problem until MC 18.

You say:
Zone-> Settings-> DSP Settings.....

But I don't have that in my menu.

Could you describe the steps to make it happen step-by-step?

Thanks.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »

You have to do nothing special.

Just select a Playback zone in Standard View. Right Click on the zone and select DSP-Studio for example.
Now while 'playing' around with the settings, suddenly the settings window disappears into the background of MC but it's still active.
Now the settings window is completely empty. You can't select anything anymore in MC. You have to 'kill' MC with Task Manager and restart
MC again.
And i think the same happened to me sometimes, if i select Playback settings (Right Click Menu in Playback Zone).

But until now i couldn't reproduce it in a controlled way. The problem is that it's not happening each time i use these settings.  ?

Somehow it looks like it's an old focus bug as MC had a big change in MC 18. There were more focus bugs in the beginning of MC 18.
No such problems until MC 18 arrived.
Onkyo TX-NR906

dean70

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 04:17:23 pm »

Pressing Spacebar to pause in Theatre view will quickly pause/unpause in succession with a single press. Ctrl+P still pauses correctly.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 04:28:20 pm »

Hmm, not happening now.  Possibly it was fixed somewhere along the line, or else it is intermittent.

To duplicate would be Audio Path icon -> DSP studio

changing a setting in DSP studio would cause the DSP studio to disappear behind the Standard View.

My original verification of mwillem's and Stuckmojo's observation is:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88373.msg606194#msg606194

And Stuckmojo did mention there that it was intermittent, so it may still exist.

curiousMonkey

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 11:32:54 pm »

I have noticed that ID-Tag data is not being displayed correctly after using Analyze Audio.
All of my files were originally scanned on April 12 and the ID-Tag data looks correct.
I have added about 40 files since then and none of them display the Dynamic Range and Peak Level information.

When I check Reporter, I am told that all 22500 files have been analyzed.
I tried scanning the files again and the ID-Tag data did not change.

I attached a screenshot showing the problem.
The album track on the left has all the information and includes a scrollbar.
The album track on the right has less visible information and no scrollbar.

The problem can be fixed by unchecking the "Ignore Scanned" box and analyzing the audio a second time.
Hopefully a permanent solution is not too difficult.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

artaudio

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 05:11:05 am »

Hi using 20.0.103 and have issues when skipping tracks the program is crashing.

system windows 8.1 with latest updates, USB audio out (kernel streaming XMOS driver)

we have a audio show in 3 weeks and unless we solve this issue we can use the current version of JRiver. thae version before didn't seem to have this issue. any help would be great.

thanks,

Alan
DEQX

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
DLNA renderer skips every second image
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 07:56:37 am »

When sending images from android phones to media center (DLNA renderer enabled) the connection breaks when sending a new image. MC shows a black screen until a next image is sent. This results in skipping any second image.

Br
Rolf

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:17 am »

Thanks a lot for fixing the PixOS skin!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 10:22:01 am »

Pressing Spacebar to pause in Theatre view will quickly pause/unpause in succession with a single press. Ctrl+P still pauses correctly.

Next build:
Changed: Spacebar in Theater View toggles the pause state (instead of restarting the current track).

lawe

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 05:43:34 pm »

When importing it reimported every artist with a name beginning with an A or a number all those artists albums got reimported. Recent list is ok exept that every A or digit artist is first.

stratnj

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 06:28:50 pm »

From ver 99 to 103 dnla server stops playing. Files are being transcoded  to play on network to my direct tv boxes 2 different ver of genie box's.

Reverted back to ver 87 paused movie for 1 1/2 hours and hit play no issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up